andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedNov 16, 2012 8:37 am
Ok i understand what you are referring to, but you shouldn't refer to these as "legel hacks" or "gm hacks" regardless of semantics, because that's not what they are, and calling it "hacks" can lead to bad communication and confusion in the community.

What you are getting at is "the breaking of traditional micro-transaction models" by selling services or items that offer "power" that cannot be naturally obtained by standard in game means or hard labor, such as a "upgrade your seals" raffle or promotional spender, where non-spenders will never be able to obtain these, thus throwing the balance of the game off.

From a personal standpoint I'm against these type of services, unless those services are being made available to be obtainable naturally at a later date, in which then it becomes a matter of paying to get them first.

There will always be premium items that cannot be obtained naturally, and those are ok, but services that offer "power" should never be sold, unless said services can be obtained through exceptional hard work.

In LC's particular instance, this has been a struggle and the team has tried to work to bridge that gap, recognizing that it is the case, and the effect of that has been and is still being gradually turned around, even if slowly, providing the developers continue to work with us in that endeavor.

The best way to address those issues, is to single out a particular issue, and find a system in game that can help to alleviate some of the weight that throws it off scale.

However, this is not an "AG&E business model", it is used and practiced by virtually every free-2-play mmo publisher & developer in the industry because premium services on microtrans sell, and manya subscription based models are slowly turning towards it

Advertisement

TheReeferKeeper

Rank 1
TheReeferKeeper
PostedNov 16, 2012 10:58 am
andaro wrote:
selling services or items that offer "power" that cannot be naturally obtained by standard in game means or hard labor, such as a "upgrade your seals" raffle or promotional spender, where non-spenders will never be able to obtain these, thus throwing the balance of the game off.

In LC's particular instance, this has been a struggle and the team has tried to work to bridge that gap  

Thanks for the laugh andaro!

Or maybe you're referring to AP buyers and not the casual player?
In that case I understand you 100%.

Before you go on about how a game needs to make money, none of us are naive enough to not know this.

@Alastereo I never thought about it that way(hacks), You just blew my mind with truth.

unbanme22

Rank 2
unbanme22
PostedNov 16, 2012 9:52 pm
andaro wrote:
Y'all forget the big point. Running a game isn't free.
Premium items keep the services running and alive.
No sales, no game.
Bottom line.  

Terrible business model.

"We're a grocery store and we're going to charge 10 dollars for apples. Running a grocery store isn't free! We need these apples to keep our store alive. No sales, no store. Bottom line."

<html><br> An ex-GS who freely speaks his mind? Kill the radical!-Chagrin Perk

unbanme22

Rank 2
unbanme22
PostedNov 16, 2012 9:54 pm
andaro wrote:
That was also incorrect.

Please do be respectful towards individuals in the forums, harassment isn't a joke but jokes can be.

Thanks  

1. I wasn't joking.
2. Grow up. Or submit an rt. You're in no position to call it harassment.

Like I said, "The world according to andaro: nothing is wrong with andaro."

Harassment? Yeah, ok.