Avyn
PostedNov 15, 2012 4:20 am
TIL jokes can be jokes.

Advertisement

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedNov 15, 2012 4:55 am
So which one will be the first to be replaced by DK online and Scarlet Blade?
Last Chaos or Shaiya or both?

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:04 am
That's a good topic actually, I reserve some slight notions that both shaiya and lc will take a hit, but we will roll with the punches for as long as possible

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:14 am
I think whichever of the older game that require more manual hacks will be the one to die first.

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:24 am
I couldn't put LC into that from personal experience as the community is strongly vigilant against hackers.

In the end, the bottom line will be if the game(s) continue to generate revenue substantial enough to emit enough profit and royalties to cover the cost of operation and overhead.

As long as that bottom line is met, and the developers wish to continue providing support and do business on the games(s), they generally continue to live on.

But every game will see its final day eventually.
It all boils down to that games community.

I don't for see Aeria being the one to want to close a game that is profitable. What business would?

Posted By Aeria Mobile

misfisto

Rank 2
PostedNov 15, 2012 8:34 am
lc really needs to crack down on goldbuyers but really hope they replace it since developers dont really fix/suport it anymore since its way outdated vs newer mmos ps i never seen hackers punished really ask guy on s that used to report all there and nothing was ever done because they were big ap buyers i heard Sad ps andaro that sao pic? wish that was a mmo

TheReeferKeeper

Rank 1
TheReeferKeeper
PostedNov 15, 2012 2:13 pm
andaro wrote:

harassment isn't a joke but jokes can be.  

Incorrect

Harassment is a joke in this game.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedNov 15, 2012 10:35 pm
andaro wrote:
I couldn't put LC into that from personal experience as the community is strongly vigilant against hackers.

In the end, the bottom line will be if the game(s) continue to generate revenue substantial enough to emit enough profit and royalties to cover the cost of operation and overhead.

As long as that bottom line is met, and the developers wish to continue providing support and do business on the games(s), they generally continue to live on.

But every game will see its final day eventually.
It all boils down to that games community.

I don't for see Aeria being the one to want to close a game that is profitable. What business would?  
LoL I wasn't referring to player hackers. I was referring to AGE selling manual hacks to increase the ability of items in game for those for spend on the service. If an older game have to rely a lot on that to function, it will be the first to go due to insufficient manpower allocated to the older game.

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedNov 15, 2012 10:37 pm
Alastoreo wrote:
LoL I wasn't referring to player hackers. I was referring to AGE selling manual hacks to increase the ability of items in game for those for spend on the service. If an older game have to rely a lot on that to function, it will be the first to go due to insufficient manpower allocated to the older game.  

Please clarify what you are talking about
What is a "Manual hack"
Where is aeria selling such things
And what game is this in reference to?

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedNov 16, 2012 12:31 am
andaro wrote:

Please clarify what you are talking about
What is a "Manual hack"
Where is aeria selling such things
And what game is this in reference to?  

Any placeholders that allow GMs to manually alter your items for use which gives additional advantage that was not meant to be easily obtained via in game methods. Almost all their games have them. Basically AGE's business model of making it cheaper for those willing to spend to obtain uberness. It is great for those that strive to be the best, but completely reduce the level of gameplay in most of their titles into who can spend the most to redeem the most tiers to send in the most tickets.

GM services or GM hacks. Same thing different phrasing.