EbonyPiano

Rank 0
EbonyPiano
PostedNov 12, 2012 9:06 pm

How do I get my Necromancer pets to tank?

Hello, I'm a Necromancer on Grand Fantasia. I've been told that I can make my pets tank for me. I'm not sure how to do this even though I'm sure it's much more simple than it sounds. If I tell my pet to attack something and then heal it, the monster it is attacking then comes after me instead.
Advertisement

moshunter

Rank 0
PostedNov 12, 2012 9:23 pm

How do I get my Necromancer pets to tank?

The problem with that is your most likely healing your pet immediately, which steals aggro very easily from a mob. So to prevent this you can try to reduce your malice or allow your pet to get a good amount of attacks in before you heal

EbonyPiano

Rank 0
EbonyPiano
PostedNov 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: How do I get my Necromancer pets to tank?

moshunter wrote:
The problem with that is your most likely healing your pet immediately, which steals aggro very easily from a mob. So to prevent this you can try to reduce your malice or allow your pet to get a good amount of attacks in before you heal  

Okay thanks so much for your help! What is aggro? Is that like Malice?

moshunter

Rank 0
PostedNov 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: How do I get my Necromancer pets to tank?

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedNov 12, 2012 10:52 pm
I've noticed my pets tank better now that I'm a Demonologist, but that's mostly because I don't have to worry about drawing the aggro by healing them so much (my liche is 4 levels above me). When I have any of my pets tank, I let them attack first, of course. Then I'll generally cast a spell that takes time to cast, letting the pet get more aggro. Even when I use the instant cast spells, I'll allow a moment between them, because if you attack too quickly you'll pull the aggro to yourself. I often don't bother healing them until they're down to halfway on their hp, because healing them seems to draw aggro faster than hurting the mob/boss. Use the attack spell that calls for charges occasionally; your pet will attack faster and draw more aggro that way.

There are talents you will get as you level that will reduce your malice, and there is a mastery that also lowers it, so max that one, definitely. Hopefully some of this helps!

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedNov 12, 2012 11:42 pm
Hello there!

Honestly speaking, until I was a Demonologist I didn't trying tanking using my pets simply because they died really fast and then the monster killed me!

However what I do is:

• Get 5 charges
  • Summon High H3ll Demon (or H3ll Demon for you)
  • Make H3ll demon attack the monster using 'Kill' command.
  • Use a variety of crippling attacks especially 'Atrophy' and 'Soul Torture' (because together they make Attack, Defence, Magic Attack and Magic Defence of the monster -30 pct).
  • Buff my h3ll demon using 'High Mana Shield' and 'Monster Rampage'. Usually he doesn't need healing because he kills the monster fast, however you can do it saftely every 15 seconds or so of them fighting.
  • Continue attacking away at the monster.

I have killed the quest bosses all the way up to Eternal Mountain and Sakura Island using this method. I hope it works for you too! Smile