RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedNov 14, 2012 9:11 am
24 hours should be over now, so I am gonna bump this one up.

I am thinking about getting the following Necklace
<Death Bracelet Necklace>

Attacking has a 5% chance to decrease target's HP -324 every second; lasts 10 sec

So, the casting and HITTING of Dark Parasite (doesnt do damage on impact, only activates DOT) would not trigger it cause there is no impact?

THis makes a lot of effects really useless for WL

Can anybody confirm this? Doesn anybody have a euqip part that behaves the same and can test if the Dark Parasite can trigger this effect? I mean, Dark Parasite is a targeted skill, it just doesnt do impact DAMAGE... however, it has a 30% chance to remove a buff...so, it could behave like a impact effect...which gets us to the question if effects trigger effects...which I highly doubt.

Thx in advance again everybody.
Advertisement

iaaf83

Rank 1
iaaf83
PostedNov 14, 2012 11:41 am
RockmanZXZ wrote:

I am thinking about getting the following Necklace
<Death Bracelet Necklace>

Attacking has a 5% chance to decrease target's HP -324 every second; lasts 10 sec

As they've already said the keyword is Attacking or Casting, the fact that the effect itself is a dot, doesn't change the situation. And no, dots can't activate an attack even if the effect is a dot: so parasite won't trigger that proc.
Also mind that some of the descriptions (Expecially for higher level items) are incorrect, so some procs on attack are actually procs on attack AND cast (I don't think it's your case). To test it I get in party with as many ppl as I can and spam purify wind, if it procs it's on cast as well, if it doesn't after 20 winds it's on attack only.

Attacking: Autoattacks, and every skill (physical or magical) that deals direct damage (burning metal is NOT an attack, Oil Bomb couts as an attack)

Casting: Buff, debuff, dot, heals...: I think the rule is every skill that doesn't inflict direct damage, but since it's usually cast+attk, it's harder to say what's cast only and not cast and attack

I was told that Procs trigger at the moment of cast; and with some (like sadness ring that doubles the very hit that procs it and not the next one) it's indeed this way: but I can't confirm that in every case trigger is at cast/attack before the skill/attack hits even if I do beilive that it works this way