RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedNov 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Triggering effects

What kind of attacks actually trigger effects
Hiya everybody,

I got a simple question.
There are equips that can trigger effects at a ~5% chance.
I want to ask what actions can actually trigger this.

Say I got the <Spirit Trial Necklace> which has the
"Attacking has a 5% chance to decrease target's HP -324 every second; lasts 10 sec."-effect.

So, if I actively attack I can trigger this...but, does the attacking mean only PHYSICAL attacks? Does it also include magical attacks?
What about DoT attacks, such as Warlocks Parasites...do those DOTs have the chance to trigger the effect?

Thx in advance.
Advertisement

Millumi

Rank 3
Millumi
PostedNov 12, 2012 4:27 pm
DoTs don't work, since you are only putting on a debuff. Though on the positive side of this, since they aren't counted as attacks, DoTs can be used where attacks can't, such as when a boss puts a debuff on you that makes you heal it or hurt yourself when you attack, or when you want to attack a sleeping enemy without waking them.
Magic attacks count, but healing doesn't. For healing, it has to actually say casting.

RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedNov 12, 2012 4:31 pm
Alright, thx a lot.
One more question:

If magi attacks work, is the trigger chance decided upon magic impact or when casted?
When its on impact that AOE spells would have a higher chance to trigger then a single target attack..right? By higher chance I simply mean the amount of hits, not the 5% chance itself.

Mocarze

GameSage: Eden Eternal
Mocarze
PostedNov 12, 2012 4:35 pm
Casting a spell on multiple targets increases the chances, yes. Not exactly sure when the trigger is, but I'm sure that it's a chance per target.

amacle12

Rank 1
PostedNov 12, 2012 7:44 pm
if a proc has a 5% chance to activate, you have 5% per mob hit.

Cast an aoe at 4 mobs. you have 5%*4 chance to activate. Procs are far more effective when aoeing.

criss8427

Rank 2
criss8427
PostedNov 12, 2012 8:04 pm
Mhmm. AOEs whether you are healing, casting, or attacking do "proc" your item more and trigger the effects. When you attack, cast, or heal, as soon as you complete the skill bar length, the item then has the chance to activate. As to the number of hits, I am unsure what you mean but, whether you hit a target or not depends on your accuracy stat.

zylro

Rank 0
PostedNov 13, 2012 10:37 am
there are 2 main types of procs "Attacking" and "Casting" or both.

attacking = normal hits, magic atks that cause dmg (not dots)
casting = any skill you can use

that is per target it effects so aoes have more target therefore higher chance to activate these effects

ohai

RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedNov 13, 2012 11:08 am
So, a DoT effect does not trigger...thats okay...but what about CASTING the DoT? This is a single action...does this have teh chance to trigger the effect?

I am considering getting the trophy that has a chance to deal 400 Dark Damage for 10 seconds on the target.
So, if I would cast my Dark Parasite (which has no cast time) could I trigger it like this? (not from the DOT effect, but from the cast itself)

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedNov 13, 2012 1:11 pm
if you have something that activates when casting skills, yeah dots can trigger it.

RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedNov 13, 2012 1:16 pm
well, it only debuffs the enemy with a DoT...it kinda is "activating" ,,,but kinda isnt

Edit:

I am thinking about getting the following Necklace
<Death Bracelet Necklace>

Attacking has a 5% chance to decrease target's HP -324 every second; lasts 10 sec

So, the casting and HITTING of Dark Parasite (doesnt do damage on impact, only activates DOT) would not trigger it cause there is no impact?

THis makes a lot of effects really useless for WL Sad