xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedNov 16, 2012 6:58 am

Re: @Everyone acting differently because the GS post

Gary_SF wrote:
I don't understand this...

If all of the people who applied, wanted to be a GS so badly; then why is it you ONLY act so civil and angelic during the time of these GS "nominations"/"applications". To be honest, I'd like to say that everyone, and ANYONE making too big of a deal about this and acting differently because there is a slight chance you could be chosen as a GS, should never b one.

I'm sick of seeing two-faced people. If you truly feel like you deserve GS; DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT start acting differently just because an application thread has been posted.

I personally haven't been doing much on the forums, which is why I don't think I personally should even apply for the position.

TL;DR? - Stop being fake to have a chance at GS, it's sickening and showing the true colors of this community...  

I'm pretty sure that the GM would look to a month or older active moments.

It's just how they are looking to GS. Some thinks that they get power, other thinks that it's equal to free AP and more.

It's like dropping golden watches on the ground.

signature of xybolt
Advertisement

Kizuna7

Rank 5
Kizuna7
PostedNov 16, 2012 7:14 am

xybolt wrote:
Gary_SF wrote:
I don't understand this...

If all of the people who applied, wanted to be a GS so badly; then why is it you ONLY act so civil and angelic during the time of these GS "nominations"/"applications". To be honest, I'd like to say that everyone, and ANYONE making too big of a deal about this and acting differently because there is a slight chance you could be chosen as a GS, should never b one.

I'm sick of seeing two-faced people. If you truly feel like you deserve GS; DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT start acting differently just because an application thread has been posted.

I personally haven't been doing much on the forums, which is why I don't think I personally should even apply for the position.

TL;DR? - Stop being fake to have a chance at GS, it's sickening and showing the true colors of this community...  

I'm pretty sure that the GM would look to a month or older active moments.

It's just how they are looking to GS. Some thinks that they get power, other thinks that it's equal to free AP and more.

It's like dropping golden watches on the ground.  

I'd like to believe this but there have been many instances where the GM's had chosen a full(or close to) GS team of nothing but inactive, slackers, or/and figureheads.

Generally speaking if I had to pick between a two-faced "yes" man or a useful troll as a GS I would pick the latter over the former.

~Lil_Kizuna

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedNov 16, 2012 7:34 am

Kizuna7 wrote:
I'd like to believe this but there have been many instances where the GM's had chosen a full(or close to) GS team of nothing but inactive, slackers, or/and figureheads.

Generally speaking if I had to pick between a two-faced "yes" man or a useful troll as a GS I would pick the latter over the former.

~Lil_Kizuna

Even good managers fails to promote the right person for an important function.

signature of xybolt

SexiSyren

Rank 4
SexiSyren
PostedNov 16, 2012 8:14 am
This is funny to see this post as I was actually discussing the GS program with someone two days ago. No I am not running.

Our GS program in my opinion is flawed.

Dont get me wrong we have some awesome GS's and some not so Awesome Gs's

I think a GS position should be accredited to a person, due to knowledge, help within the
community, and attitude I also think the community vote as a whole should be taken into
more consideration.

I do not think a GS position should be given to someone due to another member of the GS
team wanting their friends in.

My theory is simple and this does not apply to all of you guys, but if you arent being a GS
and you want so and so in, and they want in because of you, we have a potential of two
GS's who arent here to do anything.

I have observed in my time here many awesome potential GS applicants passed over time and time again because so and so dont like them.

I know Gm Leo is busy and relys on the input of her GS team to make reccomendations,
but this is one area I would like to see changed. Lastly, no once again I am not applying to be
a GS.

Panderp.

Rank 4
Panderp.
PostedNov 16, 2012 8:44 am

xybolt wrote:
Kizuna7 wrote:

~Lil_Kizuna

Even good managers fails to promote the right person for an important function.  
and fail to rectify the situation after almost a year of of inactivity

This is why I don't play DWO

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedNov 16, 2012 8:58 am

Kizuna7 wrote:

Agreed.

The thought behind the GS system is great, some GS teams does rather well too, but as Kizuna7 said, there's been times when the entire GS team is full of nothing but idiots. While I'm quite fond of the system, having several unqualified players on the team kind of makes me lose faith that they will ever manage to do something really good. /o\

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedNov 18, 2012 11:17 pm

iBambi wrote:
Kizuna7 wrote:

Agreed.

The thought behind the GS system is great, some GS teams does rather well too, but as Kizuna7 said, there's been times when the entire GS team is full of nothing but idiots. While I'm quite fond of the system, having several unqualified players on the team kind of makes me lose faith that they will ever manage to do something really good. /o\  

Yep and lately I've just seen people who harrass others in chat all day during the game who still apply to become gamesages. That is quite possibly worse than someone just trying to be funny. Oh well some people on the internet just have too much of an "ego" so to say.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedNov 20, 2012 9:26 am
*makes a post*

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedNov 20, 2012 12:57 pm
The idea of even having individuals in the community who are not GM's but are still something 'higher' than normal players, just doesn't work well in my opinion.

If anything it causes arguements, as people think that one group is being favored more than the other, and it splits community into sheep who follow a GS's every word, and people who just despise GS's.

A community is meant to be a totally treated equal.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedNov 20, 2012 2:01 pm
gin1010ger wrote:
The idea of even having individuals in the community who are not GM's but are still something 'higher' than normal players, just doesn't work well in my opinion.

If anything it causes arguements, as people think that one group is being favored more than the other, and it splits community into sheep who follow a GS's every word, and people who just despise GS's.

A community is meant to be a totally treated equal.  

I agree on the splitting, but I don't think the GS system makes anything unequal. It's nice having an active player you can contact to get a hold of a GM or to pass on a message to a GM, and even though I'm not too fond of most of the GSes, they're certainly a lot of help to newer players. I don't really see GSes as something "higher" than normal players though, there's a lot of helpful and knowledgeable players I'd rather go to for help, than the tagged players for the game I play. x: