Loved that title. Very Happy

Advertisement

DeusExArma

Rank 2
DeusExArma
PostedNov 12, 2012 2:34 pm
brianbloke wrote:
Topic. wrote:
Bugs me how alot of drama / tension was created from it.
The GS title is something that should be earned. Not fought for.  

Agreed, but I don't think it should be looked at as a popularity contest, which is why I think this way is better than prior Applications when people were nominated.

This is best to find the right person for the job, if they're not right, then demote them.  

Even when they took nominations, they didn't choose people based on votes, which means that GameSages were not chosen based on popularity. This feedback thread seems to have posts that are quite similar to those that were made in the nomination thread.

urdeep1

Rank 4
urdeep1
PostedNov 12, 2012 3:12 pm
*He's talking about me guys!!*

ahahha I joke Very Happy

Gary_SF

Rank 2
Gary_SF
PostedNov 12, 2012 4:01 pm
urdeep1 wrote:
*He's talking about me guys!!*

ahahha I joke Very Happy  

Sureeeee...

Gary_SF

Rank 2
Gary_SF
PostedNov 12, 2012 4:02 pm
That awkward moment when this thread has nearly 22k views... >_>

brianbloke

Rank 2
brianbloke
PostedNov 12, 2012 4:02 pm
DeusExArma wrote:
brianbloke wrote:
Topic. wrote:

Agreed, but I don't think it should be looked at as a popularity contest, which is why I think this way is better than prior Applications when people were nominated.

This is best to find the right person for the job, if they're not right, then demote them.  

Even when they took nominations, they didn't choose people based on votes, which means that GameSages were not chosen based on popularity. This feedback thread seems to have posts that are quite similar to those that were made in the nomination thread.  

You saw the same names nominated over and over, fair enough it was the right candidates for the job, but it should be open to everyone and not necessarily people who have been nominated. GM's should monitor the forums regularly to find a suitable candidate and PM them asking if they wish to be a GS or not if they find them suitable for the job.

xumbinhu123

Rank 3
xumbinhu123
PostedNov 12, 2012 4:10 pm
husseinatwa wrote:
xumbinhu123 (aka Nyri) hould be gamesage Very Happy, why you ask cuz he helps people around the community, knows alot about the game but most importantly hes a badazz no questions asked Cool LOL  

I appreciate your vote in me, but the truth is that I do not see myself as GS, and I don't need to be a GS to continue helping the community Very Happy

DeusExArma

Rank 2
DeusExArma
PostedNov 12, 2012 4:11 pm
brianbloke wrote:
DeusExArma wrote:
brianbloke wrote:
Topic. wrote:

You saw the same names nominated over and over, fair enough it was the right candidates for the job, but it should be open to everyone and not necessarily people who have been nominated. GM's should monitor the forums regularly to find a suitable candidate and PM them asking if they wish to be a GS or not if they find them suitable for the job.  

I don't disagree about GS applications vs nominations. On the contrary, I have supported this method of choosing GameSages, and if you look at my previous posts, you can see exactly why I believe this is a good method. I was just saying that the nominations thread didn't work quite the way that you make it seem. For instance, I was by no means the most popular candidate on that thread, I perhaps had 4 or 5 total nominations, when other people had over a dozen. The GMs do monitor the forums regularly and find suitable candidates.

3nmity

Rank 2
3nmity
PostedNov 12, 2012 4:18 pm
It really is goofy. They go about it so shamelessly too.

brianbloke

Rank 2
brianbloke
PostedNov 12, 2012 4:23 pm
DeusExArma wrote:
I don't disagree about GS applications vs nominations. On the contrary, I have supported this method of choosing GameSages, and if you look at my previous posts, you can see exactly why I believe this is a good method. I was just saying that the nominations thread didn't work quite the way that you make it seem. For instance, I was by no means the most popular candidate on that thread, I perhaps had 4 or 5 total nominations, when other people had over a dozen. The GMs do monitor the forums regularly and find suitable candidates.  

I felt like it was almost like a First Past the Post system to an extent. There was some people, and still are people who truly deserve a GS position, and I still agree to an extent that majority of the GameSages which have recently been promoted, deserve that position, but I feel that some are missing which should be there. 3 prime candidates in my opinion are Valdentia, Ryan_SF and Gwapo.