Gary_SF

Rank 2
Gary_SF
PostedNov 12, 2012 12:58 am
coduxs wrote:
Everyone acts amazing when GS Apps are around. For example, someone who trolls regularly, somehow turns into an amazingly helpful and free flowing person. This happens every time GS Apps come around on every game and demonstrates the power that these positions hold. Anyway, people who truly deserve GS are active at most times, and very helpful to co-ordinate players to the right locations etc...  

Yupp.

Advertisement

idleninja007

Heroic Founder: Soldier Front 2
idleninja007
PostedNov 12, 2012 1:10 am
Not me. I'm a constructive troll 24/7.

I don't understand why they bother with the whole announcement+nominations for gamesage positions. They should just have a biweekly/monthly thread where you can nominate people even if Aeria isn't planning to add a gamesage. Would definitely ensure more consistent behavior from the community.

Gary_SF

Rank 2
Gary_SF
PostedNov 12, 2012 1:18 am
idleninja007 wrote:
Not me. I'm a constructive troll 24/7.

I don't understand why they bother with the whole announcement+nominations for gamesage positions. They should just have a biweekly/monthly thread where you can nominate people even if Aeria isn't planning to add a gamesage. Would definitely ensure more consistent behavior from the community.  

Yeahhh. It'd end this stupid drama type stuff as well. Mostly.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedNov 12, 2012 1:25 am
I like that idea. Maybe even just inviting players via Private Message to join the Team? Would avoid all the skepticism.

LoadedBoo

Rank 2
LoadedBoo
PostedNov 12, 2012 1:32 am
Gary_SF wrote:
coduxs wrote:
demonstrates the power that these positions hold.  

Yupp.  

You make it sound like these kids are running for president or something, its just a moderator on a video game website, it will not enhance your real life in anyway. Getting a good job, good grades is something you should hope to aspire to not just becoming a GameSage.

All the back stabbing, and catty remarks between each other makes we realise that Aeria community really is like a school playground full of pre pubescent children with ego's bigger than Rick Ross's waist size.

What ever happened to people who just come here to enjoy the game and a bit of friendly talk on the forums occasionaly..jeez.

They should do the GS choosing in house and not make it a public free for all, that will put an end to all this childish nonsense.

Infact all talk of becoming a GS or nomating for GS should be banned...period.

Gary_SF

Rank 2
Gary_SF
PostedNov 12, 2012 1:44 am
LoadedBoo wrote:
Gary_SF wrote:
coduxs wrote:

Yupp.  

You make it sound like these kids are running for president or something, its just a moderator on a video game website, it will not enhance your real life in anyway. Getting a good job, good grades is something you should hope to aspire to not just becoming a GameSage.

All the back stabbing, and catty remarks between each other makes we realise that Aeria community really is like a school playground full of pre pubescent children with ego's bigger than Rick Ross's waist size.

What ever happened to people who just come here to enjoy the game and a bit of friendly talk on the forums occasionaly..jeez.

They should do the GS choosing in house and not make it a public free for all, that will put an end to all this childish nonsense.

You're correct, but I think say, pming a nomination to them would be okay as well.

LoadedBoo

Rank 2
LoadedBoo
PostedNov 12, 2012 2:01 am
Gary_SF wrote:
LoadedBoo wrote:
Gary_SF wrote:
coduxs wrote:

Yupp.  

You're correct, but I think say, pming a nomination to them would be okay as well.  

I doubt they would have the time to read the pm's and I imagine there would be lots. It would be better handled behind the scenes amongst themselves, I mean they are reading posts and threads everyday, they must know in their own minds who would be suitable. There is no need to have a public say on the matter.

Anyways im sick of reading about this crap , would be nice if we could all focus on the real reason we are here...thats playing Soldier Front ! think people have forgotten that.

xumbinhu123

Rank 3
xumbinhu123
PostedNov 12, 2012 2:03 am
That is exactly how politicians behave during campaigns...

If You Feel June Update Was Unnacceptable : and [Community Request]June Update

LoadedBoo

Rank 2
LoadedBoo
PostedNov 12, 2012 2:14 am
xumbinhu123 wrote:

xumbinhu123 for president !! lol joke. but I do agree and ive thought that myself many times.

Still of the opinion they should do away with public nominations, they shouldnt even say they are recruiting as that gives way to people acting up and being fake. Forum related matters should be handled by themselves the only input they need from us is what happens in game, bugs and suggestions etc.

Anyways im off to play Horror for a couple of hours..peace !

DeusExArma

Rank 2
DeusExArma
PostedNov 12, 2012 2:20 am
LoadedBoo wrote:
xumbinhu123 wrote:

xumbinhu123 for president !! lol joke. but I do agree and ive thought that myself many times.

Still of the opinion they should do away with public nominations, they shouldnt even say they are recruiting as that gives way to people acting up and being fake. Forum related matters should be handled by themselves the only input they need from us is what happens in game, bugs and suggestions etc.

Anyways im off to play Horror for a couple of hours..peace !  

The GMs want people to fill out formal applications, because that gives them information that they would never know just by watching what people do on the forums or shoutbox. As for people whose attitude changes, I'm sure that they realize that it happens every time GameSage applications are out, and they probably take that into account. They know that people start making many more helpful threads and posts when they think they will be gaining something by doing it. However, since the GMs monitor the threads and the shoutbox everyday, they will know who changes and who stays the same when applications are out. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had a pretty good idea of who to choose before the applications came out.