joominp212

Rank 0
PostedNov 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Does Loot Charms Work in Trials

I was wondering if Loot charms work in trials because ppl told me it doesnt work for the bosses is this true???
Advertisement

Mocarze

Rank 1
Mocarze
PostedNov 11, 2012 2:56 pm
It affects the *chance* for an NPC to drop anything at all. Since bosses are 100% guaranteed to drop at least one item, loot charms don't affect them.

Spongeycashew

Rank 2
Spongeycashew
PostedNov 11, 2012 3:10 pm
Loot charms will only affect bosses if the person with the loot charm attacks the boss first.

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedNov 11, 2012 3:26 pm
Spongeycashew wrote:
Loot charms will only affect bosses if the person with the loot charm attacks the boss first.  

What does it do to the bosses?

Spongeycashew

Rank 2
Spongeycashew
PostedNov 11, 2012 5:20 pm
Increases the chance of something dropping from the bosses. Excuse me if my wording was a little confusing ^^

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedNov 11, 2012 5:58 pm
Spongeycashew wrote:
Increases the chance of something dropping from the bosses. Excuse me if my wording was a little confusing ^^  

So bosses don't drop a set number of items with variable rarity?

amacle12

Rank 1
PostedNov 11, 2012 7:46 pm
trial bosses can drop a variable amount of items. Loot charms affect the posibility of a drop occuring, not the quality of the drops. This is why loot charms end up giving you so many pots, yet not too many more valuable drops.

joer130

Rank 2
joer130
PostedNov 11, 2012 8:09 pm
amacle12 wrote:
trial bosses can drop a variable amount of items. Loot charms affect the posibility of a drop occuring, not the quality of the drops. This is why loot charms end up giving you so many pots, yet not too many more valuable drops.  

This.

Loot charm says it increases the % of Drop Rate. Bosses *ALWAYS* drop loots. Loot charms won't work.

HOWEVER, if you are farming for gold. Loot charms/Loot Gems are highly recommended.

Mocarze

Rank 1
Mocarze
PostedNov 11, 2012 10:49 pm
In conclusion: Don't use loot charms in trials. They aren't worth it at all, and won't affect drop rates on bosses at all.

hotarunix

Rank 0
PostedNov 12, 2012 2:21 am
people like to get superstitious about loot charms where common sense would work better- loot charms DO work in trials and dungeons. arguing about the specific wording on them is a moot point seeing as how the wording was translated from it's original and there a tons of examples from this game of incorrect text.

mobs tend to have loot tables- lists of possible drops in the game database, and charms affect the drop rates of everything on there. if you run 5 trials with charms and 5 trials without them and count the yellows that drop, you'll definitely see a difference-- even if the yellows are cores/kernels and blueprints.

as to whether it's just the first person to hit something's gear that counts, that's harder to confirm or deny. if we apply Occam's Razor it makes sense that in instances that require parties to hunt for loot, that being a member of the party should allow loot charms to work.

TL;DR from my experience- yeah they work.