kreezxil

Rank 0
PostedNov 14, 2012 7:42 am

Apparently

Ok, I went and deleted the "dk online" folder as one user suggested and then because I had reinstalled like 8 times anyways, I decided to look in the downloaded folder of the areia games folder in OS. Well I noticed 2 dkonline setups downloaded one is only 5 megs and the other 3.1 gigs. And they're both executable, so right now I'm doing the larger one.

I suspect that the area-ignite installer is running the smaller one for all of us which results in a borked installed. I say that because the installer just blips right through which is way too fast for a 3.1 gig install. However directly clicking on the 3.1 gig installable file and I've got to tell you it is taking some time. I'm watching extract a great goobly moobly amount of files way more than the standard installer was doing.

So yeah, I think we should delete the dk online folder and then go into the downloaded folder and execute directly the 3.1 gig dkonline setup file.

wish me luck!
Advertisement

aaron_ace_roda

Rank 0
PostedNov 15, 2012 6:02 am

im having a launcher problem

everytime i log use the dklauncher.exe it says "file corrupted! this program has been manipulated and maybe its infected by a Virus or cracked. this file wont work anymore.." LOL.. im using avast and no prob on my pc..

kreezxil

Rank 0
PostedNov 15, 2012 6:13 am
sounds like you need to reinstall

Morimiko

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Morimiko
PostedNov 15, 2012 2:12 pm
What is the deal with this Ignite thing? I do not mind using it, but it loads itself and hits me with messages while I am doing things other then gaming. This thing should not auto launch.
I even told it not to add to startup.
How do you get this to work only when you want to play?

Sabouson

Rank 0
Sabouson
PostedNov 15, 2012 11:34 pm
I got the same thing DST did. I even tried having ignite do all the work, but it just keeps acting like I need to install. So I click, go through the steps and see the same "install" button again. This stuff is a big part of the reason I don't normally play Aeria games until open beta has been out for a bit.

kreezxil

Rank 0
PostedNov 16, 2012 6:49 am

solve dk online white icon and not installed issues

white icon, not install, doesn't run
You can use ccleaner from piriform.com to disable it from your startup.

However, you can launch the game directly by running

c:\areiagames\dkonline\dkonlinelauncher

If by doing that you still see the areia games launcher with a request to install then you have a corrupt install. You can resolve that by moving the 3 gigabyte file found at c:\areiagames\downloader\dkonlinesetup to c:\areiagames\dkonline\ and then run that 3 gig file there. It will take about 5 minutes and when it is done you will be able run the game both directly and through the launcher.

sistik123

Rank 0
PostedNov 22, 2012 5:54 am
c:\areiagames\downloader\ has nothing in it

kreezxil

Rank 0
PostedNov 22, 2012 7:59 am
It won't if you haven't tried to download the game.

What error are you receiving? What is the file structure in c:\areiagames\?
ie, what is listed?

nguyen4sure2

Rank 0
PostedNov 22, 2012 10:57 pm

No idea how to run DK online! Ignite sucks

It's been 5 days since I started looking for ways to run DK online. The folder I downloaded has nothing in it. I have no idea where 3.7GB has gone. Aeriagames should fix this or many ppl like me cannot join the game. Please make some updates asap.

kreezxil

Rank 0
PostedNov 23, 2012 6:59 am
Do you have an icon on your desktop for dkonline? if so right click it and choose "open location", that will take to the folder that should also contain the folder "downloader", in that folder if you turn on "details" for your folder view you should see a file that is over 3 gigabytes in size, double click that file. create a shortcut from the new dkonline that appears and send it to your desktop or wherever for easy access.

If you still can't find the massive 3+ gigabyte file, get a file structure viewing program such as WinDirStat found at http://windirstat.info/ and let it analyze your hard drive. In a moment it'll pop up and show you multicolored blocks of varying sizes, at 3.7 gigs I'd say the largest or the 2nd to largest block will be the file in question. It also gives you the name of the blocks when you hover over the blocks.

Video of WinDirStat in use. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uikCLZcw6W0&feature=related