blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedNov 10, 2012 9:24 am   Last edited by blackdeath101 on Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm. Edited 2 times in total

How to run DKO without Ignite

A number of users have trouble running Ignite for various reasons and this is a short tutorial on how to launch the game without using Ignite. Please note however that you will miss any bonuses that could be incorporated through using Ignite.

1. Locate where you installed the directory. The default should be C:\AeriaGames\DKOnline but it can be installed anywhere on your computer. If you cannot locate it, try running a search on your computer to see where you installed it.

2. Open the folder and you should see the below icons:

3. Locate the file boxed in red in the above picture. Right click on the DkLauncher file, highlight "Send To", then click on "Desktop (create shortcut)" as pictured below.

4. Two final things to prepare to play. First, either delete or move the original icon created during install. If you delete it, you will you have to reinstall, create an application, or open Ignite manually in order to receive any Ignite bonuses. If you move the file, you will be able to get it back with ease in case you need to.

Click the new launcher file to begin playing:

Good luck and have fun!

Advertisement

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedNov 10, 2012 9:29 am
Keep in mind Ignite might give you new updates and more information. It is in your best interest to open it through Ignite if you do not use the forums frequently. Also nice thread Blackdeath.

LadyAraZ

Rank 0
LadyAraZ
PostedNov 12, 2012 8:47 am
I have an icon that looks nothing like what I am seeing should look like. Its tag is "DK online" & a white box with little icons in it. I also notice it is in ignite, but when you click on it shows up as Download completed. Installing...then goes thru the process of installing again & not a separate window as when you log itno like Shaiya.

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedNov 12, 2012 9:12 am
That icon is still DK launcher. For some reason the writing is in a foreign language.And about your installer error,can you provide a SS? I am not even sure how Shaiya downloads. But if it is not downloading properly.Follow these steps.

• Open Computer
  • Click on OS>AeriaGames>DK Online and delete the DK folder.
  • Reinstall the game.

This should fix the error you are having.

LadyAraZ

Rank 0
LadyAraZ
PostedNov 12, 2012 5:08 pm
I have tried SS n other things & can't save it on this comp now for some reason. But it jsut says DK online & white box for an icon...then when u click on ignite DK game it says Download complete. Installing & has me re-install the program.

Uninstall & reload now

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedNov 12, 2012 6:38 pm
Another reason why you are an awesome Forum Lurker. Pro Threads with Pro Help = Win for Forums :3 Good Job! Very Happy

Zenten

Rank 2
Zenten
PostedNov 12, 2012 9:38 pm
Tried it, but I don't have this lol.

kazukizor

Rank 0
PostedNov 12, 2012 11:35 pm

how is this possible?

how is it possible if the only way to login is via this ignite crap?
i just can't play anygames from aeriagames anymore, i click login and just a little white screen appears, the window who is suppose to let met login, and as i can see tons of ppl have the same or related kind of problem.

but back to the point, the launcher do opens, but we can't login... so, wht am i missing?

yuhyora

Rank 0
PostedNov 13, 2012 4:42 pm
help... please ..

DSTNKT

Rank 0
DSTNKT
PostedNov 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Methods not working

hey everyone I have tried to instalkl the game but have had no luck... I followed all steps here and still nothing. here is a pic of the files it downloaded.. I am thnking something is wrong with the download client . Aeria Launcher only opens Ignite.. they actual client launcher is no where to be found.