Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedNov 10, 2012 8:26 am

Tank Shortages

Just gonna discuss about it
Is it me or some peers are seriously lacking in tanks lately? Well I'm just saying, but maybe it's the case that aren't that preferred by most people. As one who main tanking, I agree it'll be a pain but I just wanna see what everyone else's opinion about this stuff.

Advertisement

MajaMajaMaja

Rank 1
MajaMajaMaja
PostedNov 10, 2012 8:52 am

Re: Tank Shortages

Anchaai wrote:
Is it me or some peers are seriously lacking in tanks lately? Well I'm just saying, but maybe it's the case that aren't that preferred by most people. As one who main tanking, I agree it'll be a pain but I just wanna see what everyone else's opinion about this stuff.  

Uhmm, not sure about what you're coming through but as far as I know, in Sapphire we don't lack Tanks. They're just lazy to tank. Like me. Lol! But sometimes some tanks just focus themselves to tank Guild Parties and not taking random parties to deal with trials.

<html><CENTER><br>Sanctify - Sapphire</CENTER></html>

Anchaai

Rank 2
Anchaai
PostedNov 10, 2012 8:56 am

Re: Tank Shortages

MajaMajaMaja wrote:
Anchaai wrote:

Uhmm, not sure about what you're coming through but as far as I know, in Sapphire we don't lack Tanks. They're just lazy to tank. Like me. Lol! But sometimes some tanks just focus themselves to tank Guild Parties and not taking random parties to deal with trials.  

Lol, I was getting lazy to tank ever since I got Engi, but still in 40 peer I'm still stuck at tank xD

yunni006

Rank 3
yunni006
PostedNov 10, 2012 9:20 am
well yea.. never leveled my tank LOL. lazy people like me don't tank! and everyone is lazy so @-@

denknight

Rank 0
denknight
PostedNov 10, 2012 12:03 pm
unless the tank has orange gears, most dont like to tank due to the high repair costs, especially when the dps in the team take a long time to clear trash mobs in dgns.

PoolHooss

GameSage: Eden Eternal
PoolHooss
PostedNov 10, 2012 3:44 pm
Sometimes I end up tanking. However, my gear isn't fully well-developed to pull well as a tank. So at my current level I still can't even tank the new cap's dungeons in a party. But otherwise, yes I tank.

-Is currently looking for someone to revamp my profile, message/comment if interested.

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedNov 10, 2012 4:24 pm
As someone who enjoys tanking and mains a tanking class, I agree that there is a huge lack of tanks in my peer. Tanking just seems to be a money drainer, from spamming pots to upgrading all gears and stuff like that. There isn't really anything to discuss, tanking requires money, and people don't like spending money.

Personally I find tanking much more easier than DPSing or healing.. and I'm usually too lazy to DPS or heal anyway.

girafig321

Rank 0
PostedNov 10, 2012 4:43 pm
The thing is that tanks are not dumb and they usually search for good healers and dps. So the money investment argument is sort of invalid since good tanks only roll with well geared dps and healers. DGN's can be done with no tank as long as the healers are competent, IMO decent healers ( and that is not only gear wise) a lot more rare than good tanks

Posted By Aeria Mobile

glade17

Rank 0
glade17
PostedNov 10, 2012 5:13 pm
i dont know what would class as a good tank on here as i play a different game 80% the time but would this class as good tank lol?

http://oi48.tinypic.com/23u7m2x.jpg

girafig321

Rank 0
PostedNov 10, 2012 6:01 pm
Your tank is not bad and its good you dont jave to worry with repairs XD. I am not sure if your block is capped, so try to do get it to 50% by either getting a better orange or yellow shield 60+ since lvl 50 shield is a bit outdated. otherwise roll with a purple 65 for a huge increase in block for cheap. I would say change trophies to alice T and null heart T. Your KP is sort of messed up. Dont invest in acc an p healing, Sense of survival KP is also bad. Put some of it in the Physical damege reduction and str to help cap block. I guess you must be around 30% evasion, but i dot think eva is much of a priority for party tanking. Lose the parry certificate and put on the elemental resistance one from templar,or use either the MA cert for +HP or + Def. Not sure if the eva cert is needed in ur build, try to change that to open room for more elemental resistance, to add up to your trait. Save dome money for an agi, malice, or elemental resistance pet. For eva proc try using vow of ice and snow (60 orange or its yellow version) and highlands fame accesories. Aside from all of that try to cap your class lvl, guess thats all the advice i can give from what u sent.

Posted By Aeria Mobile