3nmity

Rank 2
3nmity
PostedNov 11, 2012 6:51 am   Last edited by 3nmity on Nov 11, 2012 9:11 am. Edited 1 time in total
IGN : Malice

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?

- The main contributions I've made are the number of hackers I've reported in this game. Can say with confidence it's more than anyone else. I also helped run one of the scrim communities with Topic back at IJJI. I didn't do that for too long, but it was going fine.

B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?

- I've only run 1 tournament, and that was back at IJJI a long time ago. It didn't really go as well as it could have, but that was mainly because of the state of the game. Tournaments were near impossible to finish.

C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?

- At IJJI, I helped out quite a few people on forums. Here, I've mainly done things in the shoutbox. Lately I haven't really been on much. I was on a little break from the game because of work-related stuffs. Back now, though.

D. What experience do you have with our forum community?

- I've been foruming here since the announcement of the merger. It doesn't look like I've posted much, but this wasn't the first forum account I used here. I've helped out in the shoutbox when I could and know the majority of people here.

E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.

- What I think a good GS does is dedicates their own time for the sake of bettering the community and game, while maintaining a level head and professionalism, no matter how frustrating it can get. Helping people out when they can, and enforcing the rules without bias. Yep.

F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?

- I want to be a GameSage for SF because, this is the only game I think I'll ever stick with for this long. The gameplay, the community.. just everything about it is great. It really deserves more attention than it gets and if I can help with that somehow, then I'd love the opportunity.

*smooth ending*
Advertisement

Trailblazer.

GameSage: Soldier Front
Trailblazer.
PostedNov 11, 2012 8:37 am
1: Trailblazer>

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?:
I usually try and spend time on forums looking to see if anyone has a question or concern about anything related to SF and try to answer it to the best of my ability. I spend a bit of time on the Shoutbox trying to answer a few questions here and there. I try and pitch some ideas to staff to see if anything can be brought to the table.

B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?:
I have not hosted/ran any events during my time on SF but, I would like to one day to get the community more involved get to know each other.

C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?:
I have helped many people who created threads asking specific questions and I helped them to the best of my ability to find the solution.

D. What experience do you have with our forum community?:
I'm active on the forums mostly everyday. I'm on the Shoutbox sometimes trying to answer peoples concerns about things.

E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does:
A GameSage is a prime example of which players should strive to aim for. A player someone can look up to for assistance if needed. Professionalism is certainly needed to have players keep coming back to you if they have any concerns.

F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?:
I would like to be a GameSage for Soldier Front because this is the only game that I play. I play everyday when I have time. I'm currently not a student this year so I devote most of my time to the game and the forum community. I would like to see this game hit its peak in numbers as it did a few years ago. I'd like to see the community grow as one and welcoming new members AND old members. I will certainly continue to do my best at answering questions and helping people with there problems and trying to make the community better.

yoshibond8

Rank 0
yoshibond8
PostedNov 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Shotkid_ Application

Hello My in game name is Shotkid_ and I am here to become a candidate to have a shot at becoming a GS and helping improve the Soldier Front Community.

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?
I am on Shoutbox daily and I help when people ask me questions, and I game almost daily. which i think is good for a GS because people wanna play with the GS and have fun in game events which I think is what we need.

I am very dedicated on everything I do, I was Captain for my varsity soccer team my senior year, and in all 4 years of highs chool I never missed a single practice and around probably 10 school days in 4 years. I ran summers to get our team together and get practices in so we could be the best team we could be.

I am a cashier/home worker at a Kroger Store called Fred Meyer, so believe me I always help find solutions to peoples problems, if I don't know the answer I don't make up anything, I just ask someone else that would know that away I dont make the customer upset!

I check forums daily, and I am always on Shoutbox and I'll give a big hello to everyone everyday! and see whats happening in the world of forums!

A great GameSage listens to what EVERYONE has to say, they don't treat their friends better than the players they don't like, they treat everyone the same. They don't yell at anyone because the GameSage is supposed to set the example of the community so they should be a Team Player and do their job and listen to everyone because even the people who aren't GS's have great ideas that could help the GS with game play.

Soldier front is the game that I play most in my life, its the only game I play on the computer, I almost play it daily, I have been with this game since Beta of IJJI in 2007. So I've played this game a while! This game sums up my gaming life and if I was given GS I would feel so honored, and I would promise to do my best and do whats best for the soldier front community.

Thanks for reading my application and I hope to hear back soon from you guys at Aeria, it would be a privilege to work with a great team like you guys. Keep up the good work!
Shotkid_

TOPIC YOU PROMISED!!!

Gary_SF

Rank 2
Gary_SF
PostedNov 12, 2012 12:36 am   Last edited by Gary_SF on Nov 16, 2012 5:44 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Nope.

Just nope.

BossyShark

Rank 0
BossyShark
PostedNov 12, 2012 12:49 am

-BossyShark Application

Hello my name is Dylon known as -BossyShark in game, I am here to become a consideration for GameSage in Soldier Front and help keep and improve this amazing community.

I am on Shout box all the time and I help if people either ask me questions or if people have a question I know how to answer. I am on the game regularly (Almost every day) and almost every game I am in is positive and fun, I think this is good because being on regularly as a GS is good to build up the community and have fun small events.

I own a Mine Craft server at the moment and am willing to stop doing some work on there to be a part of the staff community on here. I am very familiar with setting up fun event's for players both spendable and not spendable, For example I have done a lottery ticket for any age on Mine Craft where we would basically get a generator to choose rock paper scissors for one side and you choose your side, If you win you win the corresponding prize on the ticket!

I help people in the Shout Box with any problems they may have and do not stop helping them until the problem is either solved and they get it or until I have run out of ideas and someone else steps in and helps out. Also owning a Mine Craft server you have many new people who do not know how to play the game or what Mine Craft really is, I usually either play with them myself for a little while or I have one of my staff show them around and help them out. Though I usually do it myself unless I am very busy upgrading the server or am not online at that time playing Soldier Front Wink

I go through and read a lot of forum discussions and see that many people on this forum are very nice, I have posted a video of some amazing winning in the capsule shop which got some amazing feedback from Soldier Front players and has made me want to record GamePlay of this game which I will start doing. When I get pushed with so much positivity to start up things like this I feel that the community is a very bright place that accepts people kindly.

I believe that a good GameSage listens to what people have to say and do not give anyone special treatment. I think that a GameSage should be trying to help out people throughout the forums and in the ShoutBox more than players should be helping players, And they should play in game and make people happy when playing with them, Start a conversation and help grow the community Very Happy

I have played Soldier Front for such a long time now that I would be pleased and take it as a privilege to be a Game Sage for this game in particular. I also think that this game has many very cool features, still has a lot of stuff from the old days that make games fun with enough in touch with today's generation to keep people playing. I have been playing this game since Beta in Ijji in 2007 so I have defiantly been playing this game for a long time and would be privileged to be a GameSage on here more than any other game.

Doganate

Rank 2
Doganate
PostedNov 12, 2012 2:32 pm
A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage? None
B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events? None
C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems? very few
D. What experience do you have with our forum community? barely any
E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does. idc just let me be one.
F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)? because.

psg_rap

Rank 0
psg_rap
PostedNov 13, 2012 10:26 am
1)Being honest and treating GS's, GM's and people (Respect)
2)Giving out good event to Soldier Front and hosting a 16 people room and its really nice game.
3)Ask them what happen, or submit a ticket to the GM's to find their solution.....
4)Treating people nice in the forum community.
5)I think a good game sage help people and solve their problem if they have issues because if i was a gamesage i would have help people and solve problem.
6)I want to be a GameSage for "Soldier Front" because i want to improve the event's and also make the community better for the people that play "Soldier Front".

raynecakes

Rank 0
PostedNov 13, 2012 5:38 pm

GS Application

Hi my name is Nick, I'm here to become one of the game sage's,and to help out the Soldier Front Community,In which is Amazing and My IGN is -Whistle

A.What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?. I'm on Shout Box most of the time so that i can help people with problems that they have like,with Disconnection problems that they are having with the game. I'm on the game (Every-Day) and this is really good because as a GS you need to help people with problems that they have or any questions that they need answered.

B.What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?
I Help out to keep up the servers of crossfire up and running so that people can always be on and have a fun time. I am really good with setting up events that are really fun,and exciting for members on aeria, and some of the newer members that are on aeria.

C.What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?.
I try to help people with any problems that they have and i can solve for them. I also help people in the Shout Box with D.C problems they have or If they have been banned. I help players on crossfire if they have lost there account,or have been banned for a unknown reason. I help newer people that come in to aeria and that don't know how to play as much as some of the older members.

D.What experience do you have with our forum community?
I go through all of the threads that are in the forum's To see if people are being respectful to one another and don't have any problems with aeria. I provide positive feedback to people and the time they took to post up a thread on aeria's forum. I am always positive on forum and would never disrespect a member of aeria games.

E.Please give a short description of what you think a good Game Sage does.
I believe that a good game sage takes time out of there day to listen to what people say and does not give anyone special treatment. A game sage should help anyone the best way that they can, and that a good game sage should help people through out the forum's with discussions that one and another have. A good game sage should always be positive and never disrespect another player, and start a conversation with one another and be really positive so that the community can grow more and be brighter.

F.Why do you want to be a Game Sage for THIS game (and not another)?
I would like to be a game sage for soldier front because i feel that i have been playing for awhile and i could help those that need me. I take being a game sage would be a privilege to me to help out the community of soldier front and players of soldier front with all of there needs that they have and there problems that they need solved, which is a big responsibility that i am ready to take. I have played this game for so long i would be really appreciated to a apart of the Game Sage team and the community.

hollowstaff

Rank 1
PostedNov 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Sani's Game Sage Application

List your in-game name for Soldier Front Sanitzier

Please fill out the following information:

Back in ijji I would assist the scrimming community in the process of people just learning how to "scrim", I would help people if they needed a bit of information on a certain object or strategic point, show them how to hold a spot and how to push a certain way teach them that pubs and scrims are on a whole new level. I would go out of my way to make sure that the winners of a tournament won it fair and square and see to it that they got their prizes in a timely fashion.

In the scrimming community, Along side [GS]Topic we would run the tournaments, I would assist Topic in getting the matches set up that each clan would meet the available game time for their match, if a time could not be agreed on I would re-adjust the time schedule to best fit a clans needs while Topic is out sorting the community.

As stated in question b I would adjust the tournament time table to best fit both clans times, without as much as possible delaying a tournament to make sure it finishes on time. I would assist people with replay bugs to "bust" people. I would go out of my way to show a new clan the ropes and concepts of scrimming it self.

In ijji I had over 8000 post all from just the scrimming community, with this forums I had very little chance to shine due to the fact there is no scrimmage forum area. I however post from time to time saying good luck. However I' am a active forumer on USF United the Scrimming forums for USF.

Goes out of his way to see the community thrive together as one, To see that every player,person,forumer is happy and content, Game sages should be the first to hear of the problem and be the first to respond and do in all of his ability to fix this problem.

I have played this game since 2007 and I have seen generations of this game raise and fall. But I beleive with me as a Game Sage that this game can reach its maximum potential. That it can go even further with a team of Incredible Game Sages.

Cage.

GameSage: Soldier Front
Cage.
PostedNov 15, 2012 2:58 am
IGN : Cage

Frequently I would help report hackers to GS by video recording proof and taking screenshots while keeping the videos private where only a unique link can be used to watch them.

During my days in IJJI I had joined a scrim community called Channel 13, I successfully ran the Channel 13 Top Frags list and soon after that I helped run the Channel 13 clans list with Topic. After channel 13 had died, a scrim community website currently sponsered by Aeria called USFUnited.org was created where I am presently an Admin for, I have helped run several tournaments for the clan war based website making sure that clans played there matches and would also help create new ideas to help benefit both the US and EU clans in our tournaments. I can proudly say that I have helped run over 12 tournaments in my SF career if you combine the USFUnited tournaments that were currently held and the Channel 13 tournaments in the past.

When IJJI was still around I would constantly balance my dutys in the channel 13 section and would help people that were having technical problems with the game, the problems were mostly Windows XP related and I have been there before so it was easy.

I've an not a active Forum poster on here but I am a frequent person on the shout box. It doesn't look like I've posted much, but this wasn't the first forum account I used here. I've am mostly skilled in the scrim community side of things so whatever questions people would have regarding Clan Warfare or Nationals I would answer them.

I believe a good Game Sage gives time out of there day to listen and help players with there problems and try to create a solution to a problem to the best of their abilities and if not then know when to escalate the problem to a GM or PM that can possibly help in finding the solution. A good Game Sage should never ignore a player in need and treat every player with respect and equally. It is also important to have a great knowledge and understanding about the game and be able to find little things that need to be fixed that could possibly escalate into bigger problems in the future.

I have been playing Soldier Front since the beginning in 2007 and I can proudly say that this has been the first FPS game I've ever played on a computer. There are many reasons that I have kept playing this game for all of these years but the one I love the most is the uniqueness of the game in its self, there are not a lot games still around with a good size player base such as SF. I am proud of what this game has become 5 years later from starting at 14 years old and currently playing at the age of 19, my goal is to continually help build this game whether it deals with clan warring or just helping people on the shout box fix there problems.