DeusExArma

Rank 2
DeusExArma
PostedNov 09, 2012 8:47 pm   Last edited by DeusExArma on Nov 18, 2012 4:54 am. Edited 1 time in total
1. DeusExArma

2. A. I have either been on the ShoutBox, Forums, or in game for about 15 hours a day for the past 2 months. I have answered everyone's questions, both in game, and out of the game. Working with Memphis, I sent in dozens of game logs related to the DC bug that came with the October update, helping Dragonfly get the data they needed to see what the issue causing the crash was. I have also created the GameSage Deus Ultimate Tier Spender.

B. I've been helping Topic with Nationals this year, reading all of the applications, finding mistakes, approving teams, and creating a roster.

C. Both before I was a GameSage, and after I became a GameSage, I have helped many people find the solutions to their problems, answering every question I could, and trying to find information on questions that I couldn't answer.

D. I have been a very active Forumer and ShoutBoxer for a while, and I know nearly everyone who comes on the ShoutBox or who makes forum posts.

E. A good GameSage does everything in his or her power to improve the game for others, at the expense of his or her own time and effort. A GameSage answers questions and helps everybody, with complete and utter professionalism. A GameSage should be an example for everyone to follow, playing the game fairly, without harassing any other players or breaking the TOS.

F. I want to be a GameSage for Soldier Front, because it's the game that I've played the most in my life, and what I've dedicated most of my time to in the past few months. I've already been a GameSage for this game, and I hope that I'll be able to continue helping the community by being chosen as a GameSage again. I want to see this game improve, and the number of players online to increase until we have to fight to get into servers, not just channels. If this is indeed my last day as a GameSage for Soldier Front, then I thank all of you in the community who supported me and the other GameSages in what we did. We had your best interests at heart, and it was a pleasure serving you. I will continue to be as active on the ShoutBox and forums as I have been. I wish good luck to all the other applicants, and that the new GS team is as dedicated, if not more, to this game as the current GameSages are.
Advertisement

.Enzo

Rank 2
.Enzo
PostedNov 09, 2012 8:55 pm   Last edited by .Enzo on Nov 10, 2012 10:39 pm. Edited 2 times in total
1. List your in-game name for Soldier Front
Legit

2.Please fill out the following information:
A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?

I've hosted tournaments for the scrimming community, helped a lot of people get better at the game (this goes all the way from giving players in my clans a few tips to improve and showing them spots and/or nadepoints to teaching random people in pubs, that I haven't played with more than once, how to lean, reduce recoil when shooting, what to do in certain situations, etc)
Other than that, I've been a moderator on a forum for Portuguese SF players before. The goal of that forum was to help new/newer portuguese players improve aswell as bringing experienced and new players closer. I'd say we were successful at it, we organized weekly tourneys for a while consisting of mixed teams of experienced and newer players. Some of those new players ended up playing on decent european teams and some of them still do today.
Last but not least, I always try to help people on xfire, forum, shoutbox, ingame and even on youtube if they ask for help or my personal help.

B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?

As I said above, hosted a few tourneys for small groups of people, when I was a moderator on that portuguese forum. I've also hosted tourneys for larger groups of people though. "Recently" hosted a unique type of tourney called "EU Championship". It consisted of teams of 5 European players representing their countrys, aswell as teams from Israel and Palestine, since players from those locations have been playing with the european community from the moment the european server came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AlowOdK3b8 - EU Championship [UK vs Israel] Match

Unfortunately this tourney died when Netherlands, Portugal and UK reached the semi's and finals. Even though it died, a lot of people enjoyed this type of tourney since it's different than all the other clan tourneys and I'd say it brought the community closer at the time since people who didn't play were cheering for their country's team. I've been asked to host another like this a lot of times after (I haven't simply because I can't offer good prizes and I know that's the reason why the first one died)
With aeria's contributing for tourneys, not only for USFU tourneys, but also for European tourneys it would be a lot easier to improve the competition, part of the reason why I'd like to become a Game Sage or see other european player like Manganese become one.

C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?

Whenever I know I can help someone with an ingame/personal problem I do so.
I always try to help people ingame, on xfire, forum, shoutbox and even on youtube when someone asks for my personal help.

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUQ6P3YJjS4

"Maybe you could help me get back into scrimming, as you probably know? ive been out for over a year and been back now for a couple of weeks getting my aim back and wanna play some scrims but the community is screwed now i dont know where to start..."

D. What experience do you have with our forum community?

I visit aeria and usfunited forums daily but I mostly post on eu-sf (have 2.1k posts there). I know a lot of people from all 3 communitys and a lot of people from every community know me aswell. I realise I should post more than I currently do on aeria forums to be selected but for what's worht it, I'm well aware of what's going on here and I can assure that I'd be an active poster on aeria forums if selected. The only reason why I'm not, at the moment, is because the european community doesn't use this forum so it seems reasonable to me that I don't post much in a forum that my own community doesn't use. If selected, I understand the importance of being in contact with the community so I'd not only post more in here but also on usfunited forums.
My opinion about people using this forum is that most of them are great and reasonable guys who enjoy to help eachother and to play this game. Only thing a lot of them miss is experience at this game, that you can only get from scrimming. Not that you need it to have fun but I believe experience is mandatory for people who want to become Game Sages.

E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.
I believe a good gamesage should be in contact with the community and most important voice community interests, concerns and opinions to the higher staff. Must be someone who has experience and knowledge about the game. By that, I mean someone who knows how the game works and has played at an high competitive level instead of someone who has ONLY played for a long time and/or has a high rank. Must be a dedicated person in general and have passion for the game he represents. Being a leader, friendly, knowing the community and helping people is very important too. Basically, it must be someone who is motivated to perform to the best of his capacity and wants to see this game and community grow, someone who's doing it for the right reasons...

F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?
This is the only game I play at the moment and the game I've played for the longest time in my life.
Been playing for over 5 years and at the highest level of the community I'm part of for quite a while now. Hosted a lot of tourneys, played a lot of tourneys, won a lot of tourneys.
Represented USF on inter-server tournaments against Singaporean and Filipino teams and got further than most people who played this game ever did.
I believe I'm capable of being a better gamesage than most of the other candidates and I know the game has potential seeing how the playstyle is unique compared to other first person shooters. I have passion for this game and I want it to grow.

Baotran602

Rank 3
Baotran602
PostedNov 09, 2012 9:09 pm   Last edited by Baotran602 on Nov 18, 2012 4:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total
List your in-game name for Soldier Front: [1]strivE ( perm ) -CRU/Deadly ( fake name )

Please fill out the following information:
A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage? Hosted tournaments to attempt to improve the game, examples channel 13 tournaments, inter-server tournaments meaning combining other versions of SF to play. ( SSF, USF and EUSF. ) I've helped out alot on technical issues when the site was on IJJI, and I've still participated in attempting to solve problems for those who are having troubles with the game. I've helped out for tournies, broadcasted and judged.

What I have said above, I've been apart of many tournaments with the help of my good friend Leon, and help from a current Game Sage Topic.

I used to help out in the technical section at IJJI, along with MR. C. I also have put in some effort to helping people out in the technical issues section here. I do my best to provide suggestions on what they should do to speed up their computer and run the game well. Also, to attempt to fix disconnection issues with the game, and FPS issues.

I've helped in the technical issues. I have many posts that attempt to bring up the morale of a player having problems, and a player having patience issues as well.

A great gamesage will give it everything to help out the community, and make the game excellent, Helps out the community when they have problems and questions. A good gamesage should play the game without hacks of any kind, and shouldn't break any Terms of Service Rules. I think of a gamesage as a Role-Model for the community. Someone who spends a lot of time answering questions in the shoutbox/helping people with technical issues as best as they can. And notifying Game Masters about potential bugs/hacks/glitches in the game.

Because I have loved this game ever since I started playing it in June of 2007. This is the only game that has really attracted me with it's uniqueness of an FPS game. In my opinion, it is the greatest (free) fps game in the world. I've spent the past 5 years playing this game, and don't intend on quitting it anytime soon. My intentions are to be very dedicated and work hard towards making soldier front strive as a top FPS game again.

Good luck to the rest =]

CANCELED

medalkill23

Rank 1
PostedNov 09, 2012 9:31 pm

#2 question answers:

1. IGN: panda-go-moo
2.Please fill out the following information:
A. The community contributions that I have made that shows that I would make a good Game Sage is helping people. I love to help people at the end of the day I feel like I did something great by helping them. I also told people to watch their language and the forum post on flaming. I wasn't known on the IJJI forums because apparently I didn't know how to use it. AeriaGames brought out a easier forum to use and I will help make this game better and be active as well.

B. I never did any of these before. But I have set up scrim matches and battles in 2007 with IJJI and I hope in the future coming of Aeria I can host some events also.

C. I have a lot of experience helping people find solutions to their problems. I am active every day on shout box on forums I use my phone and use Aeria Mobile which makes it very simple to be active. I always try finding the best solution like giving them advice or posting links on shout box or forums to help them out. I learn from other Game Sages like Innovator.

D. I have a lot of experience with your forum community on my other account Denda23 I was rank 3 or 2 I think. I am very involved with community and I am trust able and I made lots of friends on the forums. The forums are easy to learn and communicate with other people with like I be seeing a lot of thread with weapon transfers. I will come up of new ideas on how to stop Luka. I have also reviewed the TOS very well of Aeria Games and acknowledge all the rules members must follow on the forums as well as in game. I also had a Game Sage talk to me on xFire and explain the rules more clearly to me which helped a lot.

E. A good Game Sage would be me first of all. In my opinion a good Game Sage has to have great knowledge about Aeria Games and Soldier Front so that he/she would be able to help out the community efficiently. A good game sage is one that follows the ethics Aeria has set for their community. They need to be cool and have a good reputation they cannot have a bad attitude come into work with a great attitude and always respect people and enforce the rules and warn them when they are doing something bad. The work ethic of Game Sages should be at a high level no matter what. Game Sages should be nice, helpful, supportive, and a leader who leads those by his actions and his words. In conclusion, Game Sages need to know this game well and the forum they need to be very responsible and take action when its needed.

F. I want to be a Game Sage of this game because I started playing Soldier Front since 2007 when everyone was using hacks and other bad things to ruin the game. I remember my first game it was at Bridge I was using an AK74 and I didn't know how to play one bit I got owned badly, but as days and months went on I progressed into being a better player and I got helped by my buddies Ghost and I_AM_BLACK I played with them a lot in 2007 but they probably don't know who I am. I was never recognized on IJJI because never went on forums and didn't know how to use them I am a trustworthy person however and gained trust by others. This game means a lot to me it is part of my life now it is very entertaining. My goal is to get this game on a high level and become a way better game with less hackers want to bring it back to the glory days. I will provide support for this game whenever its needed and I will help the community a lot more than I usually do. I have great connection with Shooter games and FPS. I play Call of Duty and I want Soldier Front to be a successful game just like Call of Duty. I will help make improvements for this game and do whatever the staff needs me to do. I will represent this game. Thank you. Hopefully I become Game Sage. I dedicate a lot of hours for this game and sometimes I go overboard on playtime events Very Happy.

bryanfinesw13

Rank 0
bryanfinesw13
PostedNov 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Game-Sage Application Step 2

Game Sage Application
List your in-game name for Soldier Front: Un-Reliable

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?
Some of the things i've done for the community is to try and be a very respectful and enjoyable player/person to be around so everyone can have an amazing time at Aeria and its community. As well as i've been there too inform people on what is going on with either playtimes or tier spenders. (At the best of my knowing and abilities)

I don't have as much experience as i would like hosting events on Soldier Front, but i had helped a Call Of Duty tournament up at my local mall. But im willing to learn and be able to start hosting more events in the future, whether i get the GS position or not.

I have a lot of experience in helping people with solutions, whether that be common knowledge or actually taking the time to research and find the best solution/answer to anyones problem. In fact i had made a thread on the latest play-time, to help.
I feel like i have a good amount of experience to lead fellow forumers and players in the right direction to be able to either find what they need or come to me to ask a question.
I feel like a good GameSage has many responsibilities he/she must take care of, but what i feel is the most important thing is just to be able to be there too give out information and lead players into the right direction to help and teach.
The only reason i wish to be a GameSage is to be able to help people and know they will be getting it from someone who understands and knows the game very well and it's community very well.

XsnipergirlX

GameSage: Soldier Front
XsnipergirlX
PostedNov 09, 2012 9:49 pm
List your in-game name for Soldier Front: -ThugBunny

Answering questions on the shoutbox as I try to be on it whenever I can when I am not busy with personal stuff.

No experience at all, but I would like to learn so that this game will be at the top of its game.

I am a person who is quite technological, I know some things about computers so if there is problems there is a chance I can fix it. In my home, when there are problems with any technology I am the one to be called for to help and I fix it right away. So if people have problems I will try to help them fix it.

Back at Ijji, my forum account was made back in 2007, which is when I started playing. I am quite familiar with some of the forumers that are currently here at Aeria Games. I know some people are immature and like to troll in this community as well, but what can you do but try to help them so they will mature up one day and stop the nonsense that they do.

A good GameSage is active on the forums, friendly, mature, likes to help others, and treats everybody equally no matter what they do or who they are. Who also knows the game very well and keeps important things that they are not to give away to themselves and surprise everyone when stuff comes out.

I have been playing Soldier Front since it was in Open Beta when I was just 12 almost 13 years old. This is my first ever FPS game I ever played and I fell in love with it and still love it. I would like this game to be an amazing up to date game, a game where people will still play 10+ years from now. As people still play classic games from Atari and enjoy them still. I am committed to this position if I am chosen to be a GameSage for the game I love so much after all these years.

EliteUK

Rank 0
EliteUK
PostedNov 09, 2012 10:00 pm
1. List your in-game name for Soldier Front: ELITE_UK.

I have always helped people in the forums & shoutbox with any issues they have and given the best solutions that are to my knowledge.

In the past i have hosted numerous tournaments and arranged clan wars on other Games online aswell as made many suggestions for new items on here.

I Have helped numerous players solve issues with the SF Game launcher & helped a few people reduce fps ingame by instructing them how to customize their settings for maximum performance , anytime i see someone struggle on the shoutbox i do my best to help them with their problems.

The community is marvellous so many indivduals who show great consideration towards others.
I Have been active on the forums since migration from ijji , i am quite friendly & tend to get on great with everyone i speak with.

A Good gamesage will do their best to keep the community as clean and friendly as possible , a good gamesage should also be very friendly and helpfull in-game to help others with issues or queries regarding any events or technical issues they be suffering from , a good gamesage should always show great sportsmanship and respect to fellow members of the community, a good gamesage must also be very active on the forums.

I Want to be a gamesage because i have been around since 2007 , i have always loved the game , i have serious concern for the game and i want to do my best to make sure the game maintains its glory for present & future here on Aeria.

ShooopMedia

Rank 4
ShooopMedia
PostedNov 09, 2012 10:11 pm
Shooop

A. I help out in the Shoutbox as much as I can, basically a back seat GS Wink
I also help on the forums when I can and in-game too... I play this game too much xD
B. Not much in SF but I have hosted plenty of events over on my animation forums.
C. I try my best to help people when I can, if I cant I will try to re-direct them to somewhere/someone who can.
D. I have been foruming here since just before the beta. I never forumed back at IJJI because I was more interested in the game. It's time to give back, whether or not I get a GS role.
E. A good Game Sage helps out the community when they can, in-game and forums. A good Game Sage not only makes their own opinions heard but they communities as well. A good Game Sage is friendly and close in the community, not a far away figure.
F. I have played Soldier Front from basically the start. I have at least 125 accounts on this game through out my plently years. I think that its time for me to give back, to help the game I love so much get better. You can't complain about a president if you didn't vote!

Also I am Canadian, therefore I am a kind dude Wink
Want a donut on me? Smile

strawhatrage2

Rank 0
PostedNov 09, 2012 10:42 pm
List your in-game name for Soldier Front: JeouMa

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage? I usually help new players who play this game. I help them with their gameplay, how to buy AP and teach them the basics of the game. I know it isn't much but it is a start. I am willing to do what it takes to help the community and the new comers. We need more people playing SoldierFront.
At school I am treasurer of my class and I run a lot of fundraisers. All the money goes to our school and our classrooms. Sometimes for clubs we hold car washes for the Youth Foundation where they help children with reading, writing and learning.
I am very good with computers so if they are having problems with hardware/software I am your go to guy. I have built and fixed computers for the past year now, it is my side hobby. And I am a very quick responder, I won't take 5-10 minutes to reply to an urgent problem. I will take their problems as my own and try to get it done ASAP.
Ever since the Aeria I haven't been much of a forumer. But if I get voted for GS I will start going on forums to help anyone and everyone I can! I am going to be devoted and dedicated to getting this game better.
In my opinion I think a good GameSage should be active everyday, friendly, knows the game well, can help the community, can just be there and talk to people, and really be friends with everyone. And I can be that guy for you. I am on everyday and I do my best to be there for everyone.
This is the only game I play where I spent countless amount of money and still will be around to fund the game. I want to make this game go somewhere and help it achieve what it is meant to achieve. I have been playing this game for years and I want to actually be apart of the team that is with the game. I feel I can be a great asset to the GS's that are already there and I will help each and everyone solve their problems!

Ryan_SF

Rank 5
Ryan_SF
PostedNov 09, 2012 11:11 pm   Last edited by Ryan_SF on Nov 10, 2012 10:15 am. Edited 6 times in total
List your in-game name for Soldier Front: /Ryan

I have been actively helping in-game/Forums/Shoutbox since just before the merge from IJJI. I spend multiple hours everyday trying to solve peoples problems if it is within my ability. I also helped ShineSprites with his ShoutBox Trivia Events shortly after merging to AGE.

I have hosted multiple events for previous clans such as Blighty (an SF clan of ~500+ players) as a staff member of the clan we were encouraged to host events for our members. I have also hosted multiple events for different games which I could apply here if given the opportunity. I have been an Admin on an RSPS which at the time had over 6000 players so I am very good at dealing with high pressure situations when things go bad.

I took the highest level computing course while in school and went onto college to pursue IT so I'm pretty good with computers. (No where near as good as many but good enough to get most problems fixed) I have also been playing Soldier Front since June 2007 so know and can help with many problems relating to SF. I have great knowledge of SF and am able to help with almost anything that doesn't require GM powers.

I have used the AGE Forums everyday for multiple hours since just before the merge helping out where I can and re-directing people to the right place if I cannot help. I have over 1000 posts since joining AGE and plan to get many more in the future. I am pretty well known throughout the forums for being a nice helpful person as I try my best to get along with everyone I come into contact with.

A good GameSage will try and help better the community no matter what, regardless of if he/she disagrees with what is happening. They should be active on the forums in order to efficiently help out players who are in need of help. GameSages should be friendly and not have a temper when it comes down to answering the same things over and over again. A good GameSage would also help to get rid of rule breakers/cheaters. A good GameSage is a person that has great people skills and can overcome any issues he has with other players in order to help them out.

As I said before I have been playing Soldier Front since June 2007, starting at the age of 13. It is one of the only games I have truly enjoyed and continue to play to this day. I care a great deal for this game and will always try my best in order to guarantee a colourful future for SF.