GMHigherCalibur

GameMaster: USA
GMHigherCalibur
PostedNov 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Soldier Front Game Sage Applications Here!

If you feel you would make a good Game Sage, read this!
This thread is part of the GameSage Application process. GameSage is a very public position. We are making this part of the application public, because it is best to know how the community will feel about new applicants BEFORE they are accepted.

An Ideal Game Sage candidate for the Soldier Front GS team is one that is active in the forums, plays Soldier Front regularly, and understand all aspects of the game. Ideal candidates are friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and non-judgmental. We're looking for fun, friendly volunteers.

If you have constructive feedback to give on an applicant please reply to this thread with your input. Please remember to keep feedback respectful, constructive, and polite at all times. Feedback should not contain personal criticisms or flaming.  

To apply for the Soldier Front Game Sage program please follow the steps below

Step 1: Submit a Ticket
  • Go to the Game Support page
  • Select "Other" as the Subcategory
  • Select "Soldier Front in English"
  • As the Subject please put Game Sage Application
  • As the Message please fill out the following information:
    1. Your Aeria Games Account.
    2. The Game that you are applying for.
    3. Your in-game name for the Game you are applying for.
    4. The Rank of your character?
    5. How Long have you been playing the game ?
    6. What is your YIM (Yahoo IM)or YIM compatible ID?
    7. Have you ever been banned, or had disciplinary action taken against you. If so, explain.
    8. What existing GS(s) is willing to endorse you?
    9. Which of these GS would be willing to train you, if you are chosen?
    10. Are you willing to stop all level/equipment/character advancement, so that you have time for GameSage Duties?
    11. Are you willing to change servers/sides if needed to perform GS duties?
    12. What is your favorite gun in game?
    13. What is your favorite Soldier Front game mode?
    14. What superhero would you be and why?
    15. A Link to your posting in step 2.

Step 2: Post a Reply to this Forum Post
  • In this thread click the New Reply button and include the following information:
    1. List your in-game name for Soldier Front
    2. Please fill out the following information:
      A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?
      B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?
      C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?
      D. What experience do you have with our forum community?
      E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.
      F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?
  • Once you submit your reply, you're all done!  

• Thank you for your interest in the Soldier Front Game Sage program! Once you have completed both steps please allow up to 2 weeks to receive a decision on your application. If you have any questions regarding your application please reply to the ticket you submitted in step 1.

Please do not leave feedback in this thread. If you do, it will be removed. Go here to leave feedback: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=14637023#14637023
    Advertisement

urdeep1

Rank 4
    urdeep1
    PostedNov 09, 2012 7:40 pm   Last edited by urdeep1 on Nov 10, 2012 1:56 pm. Edited 3 times in total
    List your in-game name for Soldier Front:AuraSphere

Please fill out the following information:
    A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?
    Throughout the years, I believe I have made several contributions to the community. It all started in IJJI where I was a member of the scrim community and a very active forumer. I was the list holder for the Top Player's list and also tried my best to help out anyone with problems. Now moving on to Aeria, As soon as I transferred, I knew I had to make a mark. I've been really active on the shoutbox trying to help out everyone with questions and I have replied to several threads demanding help. In addition, I also have my very own thread of the Soldier Front Player's List which is currently stickied. This thread was designed for fellow community members to get to know each other and interact with one another. I update this list daily and I have taken the initiative to add every single person that has posted on the thread on pm'd me to the list. In further years, I plan to do the same and keep on helping the community!

I have held several events in the past for Soldier Front including several tournaments for the scrim community back in IJJI. In addition, I typically make a thread asking people to come online and face me with the winner achieving a small prize. This just keeps the community involved and it can be really fun. Moreover, I also run small games called "Forum Pubs". What these are is that I make a post with the details of the game that will be occurring and once it is time, everyone from the forums gathers up to play Soldier Front together.

First and for most, I am very active on the shoutbox and am always answering questions that are being asked. When people have a question or concern, I always try finding the best possible solution whether it's giving them advice or whether it's giving them links to threads that would help them out. Conversely to the shoutbox, I have conducted several threads that portray a step by step process on how to complete something. For example, how to add music to your profile.

Currently, I have about 400 posts since coming here after the transfer of Soldier Front to Aeria Games. I am very involved with the forum community and have made several friends within the community. One could say that i'm popular! Anyways, jokes aside, I have also made several threads and I am very familiar with how these forums work. For example, I am capable of making unique layout threads and am able to make signatures as well. Also, since I have been a forumer for an extended period of time, I am familiar with the different Forum Index's Soldier Front has and I would easily be able to redirect someone if they required help. Lastly, besides the fact that I have significant threads that are designed to aid the community (such as the players list which is stickied), I have also studied the TOS terms very well of Aeria Games and acknowledge all the rules members must follow on the forums as well as in game.

In my opinion, a good game sage isn't one that can be easily spotted. A good game sage is a reputable person that is willing to provide an intangible service to the community and help them out. Adding on to this, a game sage should have a lot of experience and knowledge about the game so that he/she would be able to help out the community efficiently. Furthermore, a good game sage is one that follows the ethics Aeria has set for their community and one with amazing attributes. He/She should be nice, cooperative, supportive, a leader, and one that will take any action required or go to any extent in order to fulfill the satisfaction of Aeria Members. In conclusion, A Good game sage is one that acts as a representative for the community and also posses to serve as a leader on behalf of Aeria Games.

As a young boy, I began playing Soldier front in the summer of 2007 at the age of 14. At first, I was not sure why all of my friends were so engaged to this game, however after the first few days of playing, I could tell that I was addicted myself! Soldier front is not only a game to me, but it is a part of my life as well as my childhood. Throughout the years, I have made several friends and have been recognized as an honorable member in the community, my only goal now is to have the same success I did back with IJJI, to Aeria Games. I wish for Soldier front to be one of those games that I will continue to play the rest of my life and in order to do so, I wish to provide any support I can to make it successful. As a Game Sage for this game, I know I will be able to help out the community as well as help in order to make adjustments and improvements to this game. With almost 6 years of experience playing Soldier Front, this is truly the game I Wish to represent.

TheInvictus.

GameSage: Soldier Front
    TheInvictus.
    PostedNov 09, 2012 7:59 pm
    1. List your in-game name for Soldier Front: [GS]Kiluminati

I have always helped people in the shoutbox with issues and in threads.

I've been running and organizing events in other games and could just as easily do it here as a gamesage.

I've helped a few people with display resolution issues and computer problems.

I've been foruming since the announcement of the transition from ijji to aeriagames.

A good gamesage upholds the rules and reports offenders of it. A gamesage should always answer questions on forums and in-game to the best of their abilities. A gamesage should also be friendly.

I want to be a gamesage for soldier front because I've been playing since october of 2007. I care alot about this game and what happens to it and want to ensure a bright future for it.

PHsoul.GwApO

Rank 5
    PHsoul.GwApO
    PostedNov 09, 2012 8:07 pm   Last edited by PHsoul.GwApO on Nov 09, 2012 8:14 pm. Edited 3 times in total
    1. List your in-game name for Soldier Front: 0(-_-GwApO**

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage? I am active on AGE forums, trying to help people in any way i can. I don't support hacking nor scamming. I am also active in USFU as a moderator there, helping in organizing and running tournaments as well. I am friendly, active, respectful (flaming in and out of the game is not my thing), non-judgemental and highly knowledgeable on the game.

B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events? as I am a part of the USFU as an Admin/Moderator, I have been collaborating with the rest of the admins (which some are currently GSs) in organizing/running tournaments to promote competitiveness in the community

C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems? I am active in both AGE and USFU forums, I am on the shoutbox when my clan is not scrimming so i help people in any way i can (shoutbox/threads).

D. What experience do you have with our forum community? I am on these forums and on the shoutbox when i am not in game, so I am fairly familiar and helpful with the things around here.

E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does. They help to improve the game and the community, bring some life into it (events/tiers), helping people in their problems/issues/questions, keeping the game clean/running the law (from hacks/etc) as well as communicating with the other people in the community/being close to them

F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)? Because I play this game in a competitive level and I dedicate so many hours on this game. I take this game by heart and I am more serious here than any other games.

aeciums

Rank 0
    PostedNov 09, 2012 8:10 pm
    A) Being honest and treating GS's, GM's and people.
    B)Giving out good event to Soldier Front and hosting a 16 people room.
    C)Ask them what happen, or submit a ticket to the GM's to find their solution.
    D)Treating people nice in the forum community.
    E)I think a good game sage help people and solve their problem if they have issues because if i was a gamesage i would have help people and solve problem.
    F)I want to be a GameSage for "Soldier Front" because i want to improve the event's and also make the community better for the people that play "Soldier Front".

YummyBoba

Rank 1
    YummyBoba
    PostedNov 09, 2012 8:13 pm   Last edited by YummyBoba on Nov 09, 2012 8:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total

YummyBoba's Application

Raahhh
    InGame Name: Lovello(But Will Be Perma Changing To YummyBoba;)

A. I have been very helpful with the community since we have first transfered to aeriagames from ijji. I have applied before have been denied.

B. I have seen many others host events and well-understand how these events work and how to solve solutions to any player in-need of help.

C. I have always helped people when they asked the public for help when i can.

D. I have helped a lot with the community and have earned the community's trust to be a qualified gamesage applicant

E. Someone who will always answer peoples questions, try to handle tough situations and to calm things down before things get out of hand, to take the job seriously.

F. I have commited a lot of my time into this game and know a lot about soldierfront.

Topic.

GameSage: Soldier Front
    Topic.
    PostedNov 09, 2012 8:19 pm
    1. List your in-game Name for Soldier Front [GS]Topic.

I have managed and organized the scrim/competitive community on many aspects for years on SF before and after the merger. I have hosted numerous scrim community tournaments as well. I am currently the site owner and head admin of the scrim community for the USF community
    I have individually worked with players and teams in the scrim community to voice their needs.
    I have ran tournaments every season of the year for the competitive community. I design the thread structure format and design banners myself.
    I individually work with players on SB/ in game / on xfire concerning any situation and if not I reply to PMs that numerous players have sent in regarding certain issues
    I've been on the Aeria forums for a majority of the year and I keep very helpful and informative threads updated.
    Imo a good Gamesage keeps a positive influence as well as providing positive interaction wiin the entire community from every aspect.
    I love this game i really do and I would love to be apart of the reason why it's back to it's prime.

valeman2

Rank 3
    valeman2
    PostedNov 09, 2012 8:24 pm   Last edited by valeman2 on Nov 09, 2012 10:18 pm. Edited 1 time in total
    Soldierfront Valeman31

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage? I do what best for Aeriagames by making the forums better for aeriagames. I had reported over and over that make aeriagames better.I prevent anyone induces gamesage or staff to get people ban because they don't like them.I Support the forum format do what best for them....My behavior will remain the same like always
    B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events? I had many experience of hosting MY events and cleaning up by thinking ahead time for rules
    C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems? Yes i use my own quick help on their issue that i got before.
    D. What experience do you have with our forum community? I have alot because all i see is a rule breakers and people want help but not posting on the right section which wont give proper help to players and i follow rules alot players try to make get banned honestly even a staff to get me ban because it got under person skin.I been a member for aeriagames snice 2008 allow me explore the workarounds for aeriagames which give me alot info to how to become a gamesage for aeriagames forums to help aeriagames improve.
    E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does. As been a member since 2008 i know they help aid Staff for the game like events and issues
    F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)? All i see people asking for help and not get proper respone and people rule breaking like spamming are not geting delat with properly.

Innovator_

GameSage: Soldier Front 2
    Innovator_
    PostedNov 09, 2012 8:29 pm   Last edited by Innovator_ on Nov 10, 2012 11:07 am. Edited 4 times in total
    1.In Game Name: [GS]Innovator

I was a GameSage for Soldier Front before. I've helped out with the tournaments we threw. I've made two helpful threads that help with SF problems that can be fixed easily. I know the roots of this game and how it works. I also have a public vent that is mainly for AeriaGames and USF United to interact with each other in the actual game.

I helped run the AP tournament we had on AeriaGames. I also constructed prizes for the PlayTime events. Also for tiers I helped picked the items that the community likes.

I've made a thread that can easily fix problems and enhance their computers performance. Also for screenshots incase players wanted to post their scores and inventory on the forums. I've linked them with free full fraps with no virus that helps them upload videos and screenshots.

I have a lot of experience with the forum community. I myself was a GameSage and I interacted with the community a lot both on the forum and in the game. I also set up the public vent for forumers to know me more incase they had extra questions.

A good GameSage in my opinion is one who informs the community what is needed. Makes sure the community is calm and not hostile towards the upper class workers such as the GMs/PM. Also a good GameSage makes events, answers every question that is thrown at them, and communicates with the community more than the usual forumer. A GameSage is supposed to be an ambassador for both the community and the GMs/PM so they know what is going on incase the GMs/PM are really busy.

I want to be a GameSage for this game because this was my first FPS game and I still play it today since 2007. I never get tired of this game unlike the other games out there in the console gaming world. This game is unique and I've spent a lot of time getting better at it. Its different from the other FPS games and I want to still be part of this game as it grows like it was in the glory days. Also, I sacrificed my time in meetings that lasted up to 3 in the morning to help Soldier Front progress.

iluvpokaa

Rank 3
    iluvpokaa
    PostedNov 09, 2012 8:35 pm   Last edited by iluvpokaa on Nov 10, 2012 2:02 am. Edited 3 times in total
    In-game name : /Nick!

helping any members as possible whether it be in-game, shout box, via a thread, or PM! I also interact with the members to make sure they have a fun experience with the best of my ability.

There have been the events I've done here. I was also GM on a private server of a game of about 700 people that required I host events daily. so my experience for this is adequate.

I do know a lot about computers, taken several classes and I plan to pursue a career in computers. I also know everything there is to the game as far as item costs, AP actions ( inactive, error, cause of error ) and basic game issues ( such as lag , dcing, or other in-game concerns.

I feel that I have a lot of experience with our community, and I feel that the community can agree ( for the most part ) that I'd be a helpful game sage staying active and helping to the best of my extent.

I think a good game sage stays neutral, always has a positive attitude with a slightly professional matter, with a bit of your own personality to keep yourself both serious and fun at the same time. a good game sage would also never keep you waiting, and tell you any answer to the best of their ability (even though sometimes the answer is simply send in an RT)

I want to be a game sage for this game because I want to be able to further help the community by being able to talk personally with gm's and see what can be done to take immediate action. I would also like to be a game sage for Soldier Front because I've grown a lot with the community and have ( or so I think ) a good reputation with the community.