fedefo123

Rank 0
fedefo123
PostedNov 09, 2012 8:56 pm
Grats to the winners, great jobs (nice badge btw xD)
Advertisement

Jensun

GameSage: DK Online
Jensun
PostedNov 09, 2012 10:23 pm
Yay! Congrats to everyone too Very Happy

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 10, 2012 12:02 am

Re: Design-A-Mount Winners!

Congratulations to our winners!
GMTaz wrote:
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
??????? when was a badge added to this?  

We're not going to be announcing badges for our events. Some of them will have badges, others won't. We want people to participate in our events because they enjoy and support the event.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by that logic, you shouldn't state whether or not there will be AP prizes either. Generally this is valued more than badges by the community and it's completely hypocritical of your point to do so.

I hate and love you too bee. >____>
<333

Taz

Aeria: Product Manager
Taz
PostedNov 10, 2012 12:48 am

TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but by that logic, you shouldn't state whether or not there will be AP prizes either.  

There is a vast difference between a prize for winning an event and a prize that everyone gets for participation. Here the former encourages actual event participation whereas the latter does not.

At present, participation badges promote an unhealthy mindset towards events. Instead of participating because they enjoy the event, people just submit something so they're counted as 'participating' to get their badge.

For the events that have badges as a prize for winning, the badges will be announced. I was very unclear in my previous post, for which I apologize. I was specifically referring to badges for participation--those will not be announced.

If you look at the current CB event list, there are some events on there that have badges as the prize for winning.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 10, 2012 1:22 am

Taz wrote:
There is a vast difference between a prize for winning an event and a prize that everyone gets for participation. Here the former encourages actual event participation whereas the latter does not.

At present, participation badges promote an unhealthy mindset towards events. Instead of participating because they enjoy the event, people just submit something so they're counted as 'participating' to get their badge.

For the events that have badges as a prize for winning, the badges will be announced. I was very unclear in my previous post, for which I apologize. I was specifically referring to badges for participation--those will not be announced.

If you look at the current CB event list, there are some events on there that have badges as the prize for winning.

Encouraging effortful participation is not the same as encouraging joyful/supportive participation, so thank you for explaining what you meant. This I can agree with, though now that you've publicly stated your master plan, and anyone who reads this that's a badge addict will continue their effortless participation due to the chance of getting a badge.

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
The2009RKO
PostedNov 10, 2012 6:46 am
Gratz to the winners! Wink

the_mask500

Rank 5.1
the_mask500
PostedNov 10, 2012 6:54 am
Congratz Guys!

R.Angelo

Rank 0