JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedNov 16, 2012 7:22 am
From here

I said wrote:

Multiple part change request.

1. reduce CD on Move runes from 1minute to 20 seconds
2. increase CD on Summons from 1 minute to at least 3 minutes.
3. Give a summon a "cast" to take.

What do I mean by that?
Well when you use a "movement" rune you'll notice it "casts" and that move can be interrupted by mobs and players if they hit you with a debuff or damage. I suggest doing the same to Summons.

What effects would this have?
1. Regroup summons would still be fine, to get the raid to you they just need to ensure they aren't being hit, most often regroup summons are to pull people from other maps

2. Df and Pog would require move skilful use. Rather than a Untouchable skill > Summon > use skill technique, new ways of casting it would be needed. Basically the tactics of CS would need to be used as summons don't work inside CS. For me that would enrich pvp and make the tactics yused much more variable and new things would be learnt

3. By giving Moves a shorter CD time, moving back after a death would be encouraged in PvP

4. by giving a summon a Cast to "accept" which would be the same length as the cast to actually use the summon (about 4seconds) it would be possible to interrupt. This would lead to the end of summoing out of difficult pvp situations, which would encourage people to fight harder, move back to try and save other member of parties, and general increase death rates, as summoning out the last few survives would not happen, and therefore people would die more.

Might even have the added revenue bonus to AGE of forcing even high defense players in all zones to use conti's as being summoned out to save wouldn't work when Ganged.

Only thing I can think against the idea is it would require coding.  

As you can see from the thread this idea had supports throughout Smile

Advertisement

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedNov 16, 2012 7:32 am
Though it strays into "class balance"

4 new items for the game

Main-Gauche
For Assassin/Ranger when using a Reverse Sword - Full Dex based, medium HP high SP medium defense medium resist
Quiver
For hunter/Archer when using Bow/Arch - Full Dex based, medium HP high SP medium resist medium defense
Book
For Pagan/Mage when using Dagger or Staff - Full INT based, medium HP high MP high resist low defense
Buckler
For Priest/Oracle when using Dagger or Staff - Full WIS based, medium HP high MP, high resist low defense

Reason. The weapons these would be used in conjunction with are the weakest ones in the game, these tiems would equip in the "shield" slot, and would be similarly statted with the usual variance of gear.

Excluded classes/weapons
Guard/Def and warr/fighter already can equip shields
Javelin/X-Bow very high attack weapons alternatives could have the "quiver item"
Claw (this weapon takes 2 hands and therefore would be excluded)

Benefits, gives more options to class/weapon types generally regarded as "weaker" and allows ALL classes to utilise the "shield" equipment slot that currently only 2 classes can use.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedNov 17, 2012 4:41 pm
JamesGodden wrote:
Though it strays into "class balance"

4 new items for the game

Main-Gauche
For Assassin/Ranger when using a Reverse Sword - Full Dex based, medium HP high SP medium defense medium resist
Quiver
For hunter/Archer when using Bow/Arch - Full Dex based, medium HP high SP medium resist medium defense
Book
For Pagan/Mage when using Dagger or Staff - Full INT based, medium HP high MP high resist low defense
Buckler
For Priest/Oracle when using Dagger or Staff - Full WIS based, medium HP high MP, high resist low defense

Reason. The weapons these would be used in conjunction with are the weakest ones in the game, these tiems would equip in the "shield" slot, and would be similarly statted with the usual variance of gear.

Excluded classes/weapons
Guard/Def and warr/fighter already can equip shields
Javelin/X-Bow very high attack weapons alternatives could have the "quiver item"
Claw (this weapon takes 2 hands and therefore would be excluded)

Benefits, gives more options to class/weapon types generally regarded as "weaker" and allows ALL classes to utilise the "shield" equipment slot that currently only 2 classes can use.  
Then, like Defs/Fighters, you should have some skills penalized when using them.

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedNov 17, 2012 7:04 pm
I just hope to see 6.2 soon, this content is getting worthless to farm and boring to pvp in.Can we also get a detailed description on canyons of greed?

+1 on more OP's as prizes from events

Also +1 on in game enchant via placeholder thingie.It would decrease the ammount of tickets and make more time for GM's to make in game events.That would attract new players and as prizes from events there could be OP's

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:17 am
Update please?

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:50 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
Then, like Defs/Fighters, you should have some skills penalized when using them.  

Fair enough. Mages only have one useful skill anyway.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedNov 26, 2012 8:52 am
Avyn wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

Fair enough. Mages only have one useful skill anyway.  

Also though he is only 55UM my guard didn't have non-shield skills Surprised though maybe they are just rubbish and auto-ignored Very Happy

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedNov 26, 2012 9:11 am
Welcome to the world of a bdef.

Where every skill bar Arcane Range, Rage Slow and BR are ignored by 70% of all mobs.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedNov 26, 2012 9:22 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
Welcome to the world of a bdef.

Where every skill bar Arcane Range, Rage Slow and BR are ignored by 70% of all mobs.  

That's irrelevant (and also the case for sins till the new maps) we were talking about specific skills a defender can't get if they use a shield, at least that is what I assumed you meant when you said.

Killa_1112 wrote:

since fighters have certain skills they can't use with 1h + shield (which is a major reason why they don't use them)

shane247

Rank 1
shane247
PostedNov 26, 2012 9:59 am
Increase your teams time with-in the game doing events, when people see active GM's in game constantly they see and feel your presence and " believe " you care for the game.

I have since left shaiya for WoW because i can farm all the stuff i need without being FORCED into getting it for AP, if you guys/girls in the PM/GM teams can increase drop % rates for ALL lapis and VR/PR gears it would be good for the game and i would probably come back to play as i could farm, and buy some AP to help me along the way.

Mess around with farmers you mess around with the life span of your game, WoW learned this one early on maybe it should be used here too.

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad