GMFalcon

GameMaster: USA
GMFalcon
PostedNov 07, 2012 12:28 pm   Last edited by GMFalcon on Dec 04, 2012 3:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total

AVA Game Sage Applications

Applications Only Topic
This thread is part of the GameSage Application process. GameSage is a very public position. We are making this part of the application public, because it is best to know how the community will feel about new applicants BEFORE they are accepted.

An Ideal Game Sage candidate for the AVA GS team is one that is active in the forums, plays AVA regularly, and understand all aspects of the game. Ideal candidates are friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and non-judgmental. We're looking for fun, friendly volunteers.

If you have constructive feedback to give on an applicant please reply to this thread with your input. Please remember to keep feedback respectful, constructive, and polite at all times. Feedback should not contain personal criticisms or flaming.  

To apply for the AVA Game Sage program please follow the steps below

Step 1: Submit a Ticket
  • Go to the Game Support page
  • Select "Other" as the Subcategory
  • Select "AVA in English"
  • As the Subject please put Game Sage Application
  • As the Message please fill out the following information:
    1. Your Aeria Games Account.
    2. The Game that you are applying for.
    3. Your in-game name for the Game you are applying for.
    4. The Rank of your character?
    5. How Long have you been playing the game ?
    6. What is your YIM (Yahoo IM)or YIM compatible ID?
    7. Have you ever been banned, or had disciplinary action taken against you. If so, explain.
    8. What existing GS(s) is willing to endorse you?
    9. Which of these GS would be willing to train you, if you are chosen?
    10. Are you willing to stop all level/equipment/character advancement, so that you have time for GameSage Duties?
    11. Are you willing to change servers/sides if needed to perform GS duties?
    12. What is your favorite gun in game?
    13. What is your favorite AVA game mode?
    14. What superhero would you be and why?
    15. A Link to your posting in step 2.

Step 2: Post a Reply to this Forum Post
  • In this thread click the New Reply button and include the following information:
    1. List your in-game name for AVA
    2. Please fill out the following information:
      A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?
      B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?
      C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?
      D. What experience do you have with our forum community?
      E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.
      F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?
  • Once you submit your reply, you're all done!  

• Thank you for your interest in the AVA Game Sage program! Once you have completed both steps please allow up to 2 weeks to receive a decision on your application. If you have any questions regarding your application please reply to the ticket you submitted in step 1.
    Advertisement

S0ulCal1ber

Rank 4
    S0ulCal1ber
    PostedNov 07, 2012 12:59 pm
    im interested worth a try i guess :3

1.lV1RuSl
    2.A) i have helped the community by giving information if needed at being friendly
    2.B) i am a youth worker for a local club in the evening's hosting games,event's,workshop's ect...
    2.C) i help by giving my self the error then finding the fix then passing the fix to the person needing help
    2.D) i experience alot on the forum made a few friends and helped them had a few bad times but all sorted
    2.E) i think a good game sage is there to help the community in a friendly polite manner whilst following the rules them selfs and making a great community for everyone who comes to aeria games
    2.F) i want to be a game sage to help the community and give support if needed, i only play AvA at the moment and never really tried the other games hosted by aeria

Ekstrack

Rank 2
    Ekstrack
    PostedNov 07, 2012 1:12 pm
    A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?
    I help the Portuguese Community in alot of different ways,and I help people on forums everytime I can.

Hosted some kind of PUG with friends,no prizes.

I help in everything I can.

Iエm active on the A.V.A Forum and I help everytime I can.

A good Game Sage is someone that knows whats going on with the game,someone that has time to listen to the players and help if needed,someone that regularly speaks with the A.V.A Community and with the GMエs,someone that knows what the players want,someone that can play the game fairly.

I want to be a Game Sage for this game because im playing since the ijji Closed Beta,I know what the game needs and what the players want,itエs a game I play everyday.

AznMaggot wrote:
    People die if they are killed.
    Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/ccbadboy90

Arctosa

Rank 3
    Arctosa
    PostedNov 07, 2012 1:28 pm   Last edited by Arctosa on Nov 07, 2012 2:14 pm. Edited 2 times in total
    IGN : Myth

Worked with Founder of CGO for over 8 AVA tournaments with 80 to 100 teams participating in each. Also helped with pug games and supported them by purchasing voip servers.

Helped run multiple tournaments on AVA during ijji time. See above

Am a tech moderator / Game Designer anything technical or game related I'll be able to solve.

I know everyone and everyone knows me.

A gamesage represents this community as a whole. They exchange information with the GM's and the players to make this game a better place for everyone. If problem's show up then it's in their best effort to make sure they can contribute to making the problem a smaller one.

AVA was the first free to play game that ever caught my eye as a premium game. It actually made me shift my career as a animator into a game designer. I've always loved to play games, but since i'm actually working with them now this would be a plus. Especially since first person shooters have been in my background my entire life and having played AVA since release.

m4a1mk3power

Rank 5
    m4a1mk3power
    PostedNov 07, 2012 2:02 pm
    m4a1mk3power

I have a great amount of time and effort in helping people on forums and in game, I even have a forum topic stuck with a fix to a steam problem that was around 3 or 4 weeks back.
    Many people I help with making tickets about problems ranging from a lost account to helping explain how the paypal system works.

Help running clans for ESL, Help with many other things around my local area

I've been around AVA for three years now I have had most problems over the years and have a wide range of fixes known from other people that had same problems and posted fixes on the forum.

With that I have been able to help many people with a lot of varied problems on AVA from not being able to load, game freeze, fps problems the list is endless.
    Since its been on Aeria I have helped many that don't quite understand the rules and ways Aeria work.

My topic that is currently stuck to forum wall : http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1783089

I am very well known across the AVA forum for helping people and going out my way to make people feel welcome.
    I Spend a lot of time reading what people think and say on the forums and get involved.

A good GameSage is some one that will try to help any person with a problem.
    Explain the rules and TOS of Aeria where people are not quite sure
    Keep in contact with the AVA community "Very Important"
    Maintain forum topics - Keeping an eye on what is going on in and around AVA

I have been around for 3 years of AVA and helped many people over the time and many have said that i should give it a go........ so here i am

I have the time to help people, I have the background of knowing the game inside out , I'm very well known on forums,

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
    The2009RKO
    PostedNov 07, 2012 3:20 pm   Last edited by The2009RKO on Nov 07, 2012 5:04 pm. Edited 1 time in total
    In-Game Name: XTheMizX

- I'm always helping the Community with their technical issues and gameplay problems and questions;
    - When IJJI was Migrating to Aeria, I converted the PDT Timezone that was announced to all the different Timezones and Countries. (Click here to see the Post)
    - Portuguese friends of mine ask me if I can help them to solve their issues and I always help them, and when I can't help I always send a Ticket to Aeria, and tell my friends to wait.

Some posts where I helped:
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=14553685#14553685
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=14564339#14564339
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=14564361#14564361
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=14616317#14616317
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=14568111#14568111

- I was one organizer of 3 Versions of a Portuguese Tournament ("AziaPortuguesa");
    - I was one organizer of another Portuguese Tournament ("A Portuguesa");
    - I was one organizer of another Portuguese Tournament ("2VS2 ColdCase");
    - I organized on a Weekend (of March), a Mini-Game -> "Hide and Seek";
    - I host Events in PVP Channel 2 on Special Days (Christmas, Halloween, Summer Events, and some Weekend Events);
    - Last week (October 31) I did a Halloween Event for the Portuguese Community that I manage on Infection Channel -> Made 5 Games on the Infection Mode (Dual Site and Dark Chamber, didn't made on Burning Temple because no one wanted to play on it.)
    - I'm the Administrator of the A.V.A. Portuguese Community Group in Facebook and Administrator of an A.V.A. Portuguese Community Forum.

I have helped a lot of people at solving their problems, everytime someone reports me an Error I always try to solve that problems and try to know where that Error came from.

And Since I'm an Administrator of the A.V.A. Portuguese Community Group in Facebook (With over 200 members) and an Administrator of an A.V.A. Portuguese Community Forum (Not active at the moment since it's not Well Known) I have a lot of experience on helping the Community and find fixes for their problems.

I think I'm pretty well known here, I always help the Community, if they ask me for opinions I give them, I have met a lot of friendly people here and a lot of friends.

• Reports bugs;
    • Helps community;
    • Give ideas to GM's;
    • Need to be active In-Game and on the Forums and always ready to help the Community;
    • Promoting the game;
    • Manage Events.

I'm playing A.V.A. since Beta, and it was the only First-Person Shooter game that really captivated me and made me stay in it for all this time.

Other reason is because I'm currently an Administrator of the A.V.A. Portuguese Community Group in Facebook (With over 200 Members) and all of them like me, and I like to help them and find solution for their issues and manage Events for them and since I have this Experience I would like to help the Community in General and not only the Portuguese Community.

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
    ramsisthe3rd
    PostedNov 07, 2012 4:12 pm   Last edited by ramsisthe3rd on Nov 11, 2012 3:29 pm. Edited 4 times in total
    List your in-game name for AVA: Seekerpotter

I have been with Aeria's AVA since the days the section of the forum was formed and I have had been with the former ijji for quite a long time. I have poured a great deal of time and effort into the AVA community. I have been actively involved in the game for many years now. I had worked with the original Game Masters to convey the public's opinion and helped many people with the merge. I was also actively in contact with Game Master Geck0 and Game Master Aki for many in-game and out of game events. Specifically, Game Master Geck0 asked me about many issues that people were facing and asked if I could make a list of problems that were in the game. Game Master Geck0 had 2 friends on the forums when he was a GM, Game Sage InkofDeath and Me. GM Geck0 also asked me and other GS's about forum partitioning and what players of Aeria games and Ijji would both agree on.

I had various stickies for new members of Aeria games and for new AVA players from Aeria as well as topics to help old AVA players get into the game after the merge. They helped guide new players and old ijji players to get accustomed to the rules of Aeria games.
    Currently, I have also been devoted to assisting players with their problems and helping them find solutions. I have helped many people all around the AVA community with many different problems from account problems to billing problems to issues with bans.
    I have also been involved with reporting bugs and glitches to the GMs

In addition, I am highly active in the Steam AVA community. I assist people on Steam through friends list and I am very active in countless Steam AVA groups. Also, I assist many people on the Game Hub on Steam which is a newly released community tool that Valve released for people to communicate to other players. I assist many people on the Game Hub when they post their various issues. I am also active in the Steam Discussions and known for helping AVA there as well.

I have experience helping GS's organize their events because of the opportunities I was given by many of my GS friends. They allowed me to assist them in their events. I was even invited to be a moderator for a non-AVA event hosted on the game Repulse by GS Lightz. I enjoy helping with events and I hope to be able to make my own soon.

I am relatively experienced in helping AVA players find their problems because I have been helping out in the AVA section since before the merge. I am a well known face in the AVA forum community and I love helping people out. I still get PM's from people asking for help with various issues.
    The majority of my posts in this section were all involved with helping people out. I happily help people whenever they ask for it and as a result of my proactivity, I periodically receive PMs from people requesting help with various issues. I have also been highly involved in reporting bugs and glitches to GMs specifically former GM Geck0 and Aki.

Also in the Steam community, I am well known for assisting people with their problems. Many people come to me for help and request me to assist them through private chat as well as publicly on the Steam Game Hub. I also help people in the Steam Discussions about AVA and I am a highly active figure there as well.

As I have mentioned above, I have been a part of the Aeria community for a long time (probably the the oldest Aeria member that also played ijji's AVA) and I am highly experienced in helping people and find a great deal of enjoyment in it. I am highly experienced with the forums and active in the shout-box.

A good game sage is someone who gives up their personal gain in order to benefit others and to uphold the rules instated by Aeria games. In other words, they go out of their way to help others with their problems and whenever necessary, uphold rules.

I would like to be a Game Sage because I have been playing AVA for a very long time and I have a good sense of what AVA needs as a game moving forward. I enjoy playing this game more then any other game and I would love to have the opportunity to help other people enjoy the game as much as I do. I also want to be the GS that is active in the Steam community which provides AVA for so many people. I already enjoy helping people on the forums and in-game so I think I would do a really good job as Game Sage.

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
    ZiggyIsGrape
    PostedNov 07, 2012 4:56 pm   Last edited by ZiggyIsGrape on Nov 18, 2012 6:25 pm. Edited 3 times in total
    In-Game Name: Ziggy

I've been an active forumer for AVA going on 3 years now. I try my best on the forums, and ingame to answer anyones questions in a respectful and friendly manner; whether it be a common question regarding gameplay, common bugs, and issues, or a more complicated and time consuming technical issue that a user may be experiencing such as trying to run, download or install, or an issue with crashes ingame and many more. I have been hanging around in the technical help section alot in the recent months and trying my best to help users as needed. And, with alot of help, have also created and had stickied a Technical Help FAQ which can be found here. I have also sent many tickets involving players behavior ingame and cheating. I always try my best to get rid of cheaters, and reporting them via ticket when I can. And a more insignificant qualification (but still worth mentioning); we have alot of users who like to spam, and like to spam inappropriate images. I myself despise spamming and find it unacceptable. Whenever this happens I make sure to find a GS from another section and get them to poke a mod. Also I will set aside atleast an hour a day EVERY day for this game, it's community, and to try and better it.

Here's a few other threads I found significant.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1673079#14150721
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1727391#14288161
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1724267#14264545
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1727739#14292545
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1622379#14339183
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=14260309#14260309

There are more also some more if you need them

I'll be honest; I don't really have alot of experience running events. However, I have participated in enough events to know what makes them tick. I have also created and organized a guide in the tech help section (with alot of help). I have posted that link in the last section. If that helps you judge me on my organizing abilities then I'd appreciate it.

Edit - These past few weeks I have became an admin for UCG, and have been helping organizing, hosting, and moderating for competitive events for both UCG and ZGC. I can say that through this that I have acquired some experience organizing and hosting events, and even though I'm still a noobie at it, it should count for something.

I have very much experience; On the forum, I have over 3 years of experience. I am familiar with helping people in a friendly and productive manner, and even if their issue is not solved right away I am always willing to stick it out to the end with that individual user until we can find a solution. I also have a presiding leadership over the tech help section and have created a list of great tech volunteers for people that may need it (myself included). As for me in my personal life, I have devoted myself to become a great IT. I am currently an IT major in college and will do anything to further myself in this goal. What this means for AVA though is that I will gladly assist in ANY technical matters involving the game. I look at it as not only practice for my future, but I also just love the feeling I get when helping other users, I think that's my true calling here.

I have over 3 years with this forum community, back from when the AVA forum belonged to IJJI, and now when the forum belongs to Aeria. You can count on me being not only to be active for, and continue to be active ingame in AVA, but also continue to be active on the AVA forums helping users with their problems, keeping the forum clean, and promoting a fun, safe, and friendly fora. Over the years I have racked up over 17,000 posts on the IJJI AVA forums, and here currently on Aeria AVA forums just over 3,000. Also in regards to the shoutbox, I have achieved what I believe is almost 20,000 shouts these past months. Which also brings me to my next point. I'm not only active on the forums, but also on the AVA shoutbox, where I see a variety of players asking about their issues. I believe it's important for a GS candidate to also be active on the shoutbox.

As a GS, I believe they work as a medium of communication between the community, and the GM's including server crashes, common ingame issues, hack reports, tickets, etc. Also I believe a GS must always treat people in a respectable and friendly manner, answering any issues they encounter in the fora, and in the forum shoutbox (even if they do not know a fix for the issue, they should still answer the thread). Another big one, activeness. I believe a GS should be active every day. I noted this in the first section, but I will say it again, I will set aside an hour a day or more every day for AVA and it's community to do my duties. I don't like to bring others down, but this hasn't been the case with previous AVA GS's. I also believe it is imperative for those GS's to try and get along with everyone, even if they are rude in nature. I learned this working in customer service and it applies here as well.

I love AVA more than any other, I have devoted 3 years of my life for this game, and it's forums. In my opinion there is no game that can match AVA's magic. I'm sure I have the know-how and general intelligence, the ingame knowledge, the forum savvy, and the ability to deal with people and their game problems to make a very competent GS. I hope that if I am chosen that I can help benefit this game and it's success in anyway. Whatever it takes to further this game on it's road to glory I am ready for. Over these past years I have seen this game's potential. And I have also seen the bad time's it has befallen. If I am selected as a GS I will do anything in my power to not only restore it to it's former glory, but take it above that, and surpass even it's own limitations. All I want for this game is for many others to enjoy it as much as I have, and have the time of their life playing it. I may not be able to do the things I said, but I will try my best. Wink

oSkOrpion

GameSage: Soldier Front 2
    oSkOrpion
    PostedNov 07, 2012 4:59 pm
    1. ValkSvenia

Either on the forums or in game, even back when we were still part of IJJI, I have given a great attention to help those in need from answering their questions on the forums to in-game help giving them as much information as I could. I found it an easy thing to do because I didn稚 plan for it to happen, nor did I push myself into wanting to help. The desire to have a good impact on the gaming experience of others was a natural longing. I dedicated a good time of my AVA / Forum free time into hoping to enrich the experience of others from hosting my own in-game mini-tourneys to forum contests and this since the beginning of 2011 and all were with prizes in the form of Gcoins & APs.

I have helped in certain PUGs before such as been (still) one of the admins of the Zero Gaming Community and Steve, our tournament organization owner, and us, are working hard on giving the AVA community something big in a near future once the new anti-cheat is introduced. We are hoping to revive the dormant competitive side of AVA. Also, and as said above in answer A, I have hosted my very own in-game mini-tourneys and forum events with prizes.

I may not be the best computer tech out there, but I知 very well aware of multiple kinds of issues people had to go through during their gaming session. I have played AVA since January 2010 and I believe that my knowledge is great enough to find quick, easy answers. I have helped so many players out there by fixing their game while teamviewing them upon request. Some who could not play AVA and gave up hope, were able to play AVA once again. I知 a very neutral person and a very understanding one also been bilingual (French and English) I have had and still have the ability to help out French players, in-game or via private messaging on the forums.

I tend to find pleasure into wanting to create environments in which the AVA community can interact to spend their forum time doing different things. I知 very aware of the fact that we have so many people who spend tons of time on the forums, from chatting in the shoutbox to making threads and topics talking about game related things to unrelated subjects in order to keep themselves entertained. Beside the forum contests that I love hosting in a regular basis, I recently made a thread Custom Made Gun Skins by AVA Community
    aiming to bring out the best in the creative side of the AVA community. I would wish if the game developers could one day choose a luckey user and use his skin for a future gun. This event is currently the most active non-sticky thread in the General Discussion section, and a lot of us are enjoying it alot. [Thanks to GM_Mackey & Aeria for their warm encouragements.]

D. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.
    A good GameSage is mature, friendly, organized person who should be paying close attention to all issues related to the game, the forum and his community, little, small or big. He is someone who does his best to help out the community with various problems in gameplay, forums, chat, and also works with the GMs into finding solutions that others in the community are suffering from. A good GameSage is also one who enforces the forum and game's rules for the benefit of the company, the game and the players. When people come to him with a problem or a question, he asks questions to better understand the issue. Why? Because he cares

E. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?
    AVA is the only game i play on Aeria and care about enough to want to apply for a GameSage, plus I don稚 plan to play anything else. I知 also well known by so many people here and I feel very comfortable been part of this community. Usually, we find new players seeking the help of high ranked players and I tend to receive whispers in-game from players i have never seen or heard from before, asking me questions about the game such as issues, mods etc. I had to leave my gaming session many times before so that I can help them out. If my answer could not be given right away, I add them to my buddy list, seek the solution and come back to them the next time with a valid answer. In some cases, I kept them on my buddy list for extra few days in order to make sure everything is going fine for them. Today, some of my greatest buddies are once new AVA players to whom i once offered my help.

During my previous Job interviews in life, i was asked this same question... Why do you want to be a CSR for this company? Or why do you want to work at our company and not another?. In real life, people tend to aim for something that they want to do, and apply for a job position where they wish to succeed in. Well, the same goes for the reason to why I am applying for GameSage and for AVA. I care about AVA and I support Aeria by been a legit user, an attentive forum, a good listener to its community and a customer. I know what the community wants and I知 ready to devote my free time into helping out Aeria, the GMs and the community.

I only seek the best for our community and I do believe that I have everything you池e looking for in your future GameSage.

Thank you for this great opportunity.

oArcanine

Rank 0
    oArcanine
    PostedNov 07, 2012 5:39 pm
    1. List your in-game name for AVA: oArcanine

I've been active on forums with my other account, irobbing. Throughout these times, I've given aide to many people in the clan section like the following posts here:

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1782503
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1783169
    http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1796203

I've given advice to some members that have some trouble with other members. In this case, I have once been considered the "Great Arbitrator". I've been on the ijji forums since 2009, practicing this same thing. I rarely give out an attitude to any members, and also, rarely get angry at a member. I listen to both sides of the argument and know what actions must be taken to prevent this. I am constantly online, and there for whoever will need me.

I am a candidate for becoming an Eagle Scout which means I have the training and knowledge of managing members, as well as learning the responsibility it takes to run one. I know how to formally present the event, how to advertise the event, and giving answers to questions that are needed about the event. I recently spent my week working on a fundraiser for my local school and have raised over $400 for them. I had no help and was able to host the event with hardly any problems. I understand the fact of becoming pro-active and being ready to start the events promptly.

Again, I am very active on forums via irobbing. If they have any questions via a problem, I generally know the answer, and if I don't, I go directly to someone who does as fast as I can so they will not go "in the dark". I am bilingual as well, fluent in English and Arabic and have a general knowledge of Spanish, for anyone who needs that help that can't obtain it in their proper section. My goal is to become quick to answer any questions.

I like to do small events in the forums such as tutorials or best montages in order to give a better interaction and more fluctuating population on the forums. Again, I have been in the forums since 2009 and know fairly most of the members that are here. I can be both mature and playful when the time is right. Because of this, I can connect to the community through means of a friendly environment, rather than just sounding like an Army Drill Sergeant 24/7.

D. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.

A GameSage, he knows everything about the game, everything that is going to happen to the game, and he is always there to help someone. He is social, very friendly, mature, and understand the responsibility needed to be effective. He knows how to settle arguments efficiently and quickly. He knows what to do when something bad happens, or when something wrong occurs whether it's in game-play, or in forums. He doesn't worry about the rewards of his cause, but focuses on what he can do to help the community. He is active on both game and forums, ensuring proper care is taken. He loves the members and will do anything to help them in a positive manner.

This is the only game I play, and the only game I will ever play. I've been with AVA since 2009 and never left them. I'm still here today. It's this game that I am attracted to because of all the success it brought. I play this game for the environment of having good friends and having good members. Even though some have been mean to me and there have been problems with the game, I made sure to stick with it, because ultimately, it's the people in the game that matter and not that game itself. AVA gives me a thrill every time I log in into it and I want to share that same experience to everyone in it.

G. Who else would you consider to be a good candidate for an AVA GameSage?

This is a question I came up with, because although I may not be chosen, I still want to show my support for other candidates as well. There is one candidate I would choose for GameSage. That one would be ZiggyIsGrape. He is most definitely active and has been around as long as I have. He shows good signs of maturity and knows virtually everyone in AVA. He is always there when needed and ready to take action when necessary.

Anyway, that's my information, and may the best man/woman win.