Fyre.Invictus

Rank 0
PostedNov 07, 2012 10:14 am

Ignite not Launching

I've downloaded Aeria Ignite, and ran the installer again after removing it the first time. I keep getting some error. When I double click, or even run as admin, it does nothing for a few moments before I get an error message popping up saying 'Aeria Ignite has stopped working'

The only thing I could think of being a problem is
A) A virus, which I doubt it would be since everything else works without error.
B) Some error in the application launch script
C) Another technical issue, or my craptop just being finnicky as it is at times (It's gone through numerous repairs and sweeps)

Any ideas as to how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedNov 07, 2012 10:18 am

Re: Ignite not Launching

Fyre.Invictus wrote:
I've downloaded Aeria Ignite, and ran the installer again after removing it the first time. I keep getting some error. When I double click, or even run as admin, it does nothing for a few moments before I get an error message popping up saying 'Aeria Ignite has stopped working'

The only thing I could think of being a problem is
A) A virus, which I doubt it would be since everything else works without error.
B) Some error in the application launch script
C) Another technical issue, or my craptop just being finnicky as it is at times (It's gone through numerous repairs and sweeps)

Any ideas as to how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.  

Has to be B or C at the moment, as some other users have experienced this problem as well recently. I haven't been able to find a workaround for it yet, but still attempting to :/

Fyre.Invictus

Rank 0
PostedNov 07, 2012 10:36 am
Would be nice if Aeria would allow for games to be launched via a client, OR as a .exe as they used to be. It's the same problem with Steam for instance. You can run the games, but without Steam working properly, they are all just used up space on the hard drive.

Might just be a bug in the launch code, I was looking through the error report, and it did have something to do with the script and not my computer, although that doesn't rule out the possibility that a stray change to my system might've caused this.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 07, 2012 12:26 pm
You should be able to launch games with the .exe file located in the installed directory, unless this has changed some time within the past couple weeks.

Fyre.Invictus

Rank 0
PostedNov 08, 2012 2:06 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
You should be able to launch games with the .exe file located in the installed directory, unless this has changed some time within the past couple weeks.  

You are my new hero. I am going to go sulk now that I feel sufficiently stupid enough to not think of that in the first place. On second thought, I am going to go play a game.