Xenosnake wrote:
Bleh so no Jp voices =_=  

why not? they make the best sexy voice and childish voice =3

Advertisement

tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedNov 06, 2012 1:18 pm
At this time, Aeria fully plans to have localized voice-over for Scarlet Blade. Our team is in the process of localizing and preparing them for recording. I don't see this changing.

I am not sure if English/Korean can be an option, but I'm certain that we'll have English at least. If this changes, I'll let you guys know.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."

Rednal29

Rank 0
Rednal29
PostedNov 06, 2012 1:20 pm
Thanks for letting us know, tactics! ^^

HongChina

Rank 0
HongChina
PostedNov 06, 2012 2:26 pm
Well, here's to hoping it turns out good, and if not, an option!

Wiesior

Rank 1
PostedNov 06, 2012 5:17 pm
tactics wrote:
At this time, Aeria fully plans to have localized voice-over for Scarlet Blade. Our team is in the process of localizing and preparing them for recording. I don't see this changing.

I am not sure if English/Korean can be an option, but I'm certain that we'll have English at least. If this changes, I'll let you guys know.  

Pls give us the option. Eng voices are always alot worse than original. Make forced localization like just make ppl to mod the game, break EULA and other issues.

By the way i can not understand why companies bring games from east and try make any other localisation than cinematic. It means only more costs and fans are not happier because of it.

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedNov 06, 2012 5:40 pm
tactics wrote:

Options are always the best for customers. But I am sure more often than not, it is a lot of extra work for the developers. (Needing to add in a toggle function, and store twice as much sound files)

As I always say though. You can always go full English voices and allow people to just download the Korean voice files as a patch if the person rather have that. It cuts down on your needed developer time, and still make everyone equally happy.

Rednal29

Rank 0
Rednal29
PostedNov 06, 2012 5:41 pm
I dunno about you, Wiesior, but I rather enjoy being able to read skill descriptions and understand quest lines. o wo That, too, is part of localization. The stuff that's changed for another region is usually the stuff you interface with the most, like dialogue and information, and being honest... some stuff just doesn't translate well. Trying to do it straight can make a product seem poorly-done and unfinished, which is bad for a game. It should seem natural in the local version.

lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedNov 06, 2012 5:50 pm
Wiesior wrote:
Eng voices are always alot worse than original.  

This isn't a matter of fact, this is a matter of opinion. Not all English voice actors are terrible or do a discredit to the roles they are hired for, and to insinuate that such an opinion is fact is insulting/demeaning to those people that do that for a living.

I understand that everyone has their opinions, but until we actually hear what the voices are going to sound like, there really is no way to form an educated opinion about this game in particular. Some games, for example Lime Odyssey, have done very well with their English voice overs.

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedNov 07, 2012 2:58 am
Defender needs a Bayonetta type british accent btw ....it just totally fits.

Xenosnake

Rank 1
Xenosnake
PostedNov 07, 2012 3:17 am
tactics wrote:

I see thanks!

Its rare to hear good dubbing on any given language transition.

Still good luck d(' _' )