tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedNov 05, 2012 5:30 pm   Last edited by tactics on Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Helpful tips?

Those of you playing Queens Blade Online... come help me out!
For those of you playing the Korean version (Queens Blade Online), what would you say are some "helpful tips" that you might tell a new player who is first entering the game?

I'll make some examples here for other Aeria games, and anyone who wants to help can reply to this thread with tips for Scarlet Blade.

Shaiya examples (which may not be factually accurate >.> they're just examples):
  • The Borderlands maps are very dangerous, and you can be attacked by the (light/dark faction) at any moment! Be sure to wear your best gear and bring plenty of potions!
  • Did you know? Sonic Lapis Lv2 can be linked into your boots to make you run 3x faster!
  • Wanna be the leader of your own guild? All you need to do is reach level 30, and gather 7 friends! Then just visit the GuildMaster in town to get started!

Eden Eternal examples:
  • Did you know? Your guild can create its own town! In it, you can build special buildings to sell items to other players, and even control your own tax rate!
  • Got any Eden Crystals? They're the most valuable item in the world.
  • Gray-named enemies do not give you EXP: Look for yellow or red ones to level up faster!

The reason I'm asking, is that I'm considering making some of the "fluff text" that non-quest NPCs say actually helpful for new players to help early-game retention. Anything you guys can contribute will be helpful! Smile

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."
Advertisement

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedNov 05, 2012 5:38 pm
If there aren't any skill point reset items planned for the item mall, I'd say "Be careful about where you put your skill points, you only get one chance!"
Another one would be "Be wary of some of the monsters lots of health, they're not for you and can kill you instantly."

This is just a start, though. Smile

I make no Rupaulogies.

Kizuna7

Rank 5
Kizuna7
PostedNov 05, 2012 5:44 pm
Not sure if a NPC should say this but instead have an automatic world message that would repeat every hr or so. Saying "Game Sages/Masters will never ask for your account info and password" this will help prevent some new players from being scammed.

~Lil_Kizuna

revan777

Rank 1
revan777
PostedNov 05, 2012 5:55 pm
Reserved for my SS of the exploding things...Don't attack them xD

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 05, 2012 6:34 pm
Be sure not to agitate the red bugs, and keep your distance from them in dungeons or it's certain death.

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedNov 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Re: Helpful tips?

tactics wrote:
Wanna be the leader of your own guild? All you need to do is reach level 30, and gather 7 friends! Then just visit the GuildMaster in town to get started!  

EllaIzzy13

GameSage: Shaiya
EllaIzzy13
PostedNov 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: Helpful tips?

Avyn wrote:
tactics wrote:
Wanna be the leader of your own guild? All you need to do is reach level 30, and gather 7 friends! Then just visit the GuildMaster in town to get started!  

False, level 11

terracyrax

Rank 2
terracyrax
PostedNov 05, 2012 9:08 pm
never kill a group of mobs u can not handle always try to kil 1 or 2 at a time.
people tend to forget this and pull tons and always end up dieing i see it all the time lol

Rednal29

Rank 0
Rednal29
PostedNov 05, 2012 9:45 pm
@tactics: The idea of not literally translating dialogue, but instead making it stuff that might actually be useful for players? I like it.

Personally, I'd suggest quick tips on making/leaving/joining parties, areas where certain classes can level most effectively ("I hear that Punishers do well in Canyon Gorge Valley..."), skill use suggestions ("Have you seen how well Whippers can chain [Hook Skill] into [Good Damage Skill]?" or whatever actually works), using Mecha ("Medics may not look that strong, but I've seen a Danu completely turn a battle around at a critical point", "Lots of warriors like to save their Mechs, but it's better to use them than get killed out there because you didn't."), and stuff like that.

lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedNov 05, 2012 9:50 pm
The single-use HP pots that you start with don't heal for much. The heal over time ones are pretty nice, though.

If you are going medic, make sure you learn your healing skill as soon as it is available at level 4. It will save your life many times haha.

Do not attack the red bugs, do not attack the red bugs, do not attack the red bugs. You will die immediately and very quickly.