der_kobold

Rank 0
PostedNov 05, 2012 10:53 am

My Old Account

Getting it Back
I got a email asking me to log in and change password (this I saved) changed password and got this (Sorry. The account has been blocked due to violation of our terms of service.)
Now my wife had the same thing happen to her account but a GM fixed her account but not mine she helped me send the ticket in made sure I didn't mess it up.Now the only thing we can think of is we both play from the same IP address.
As for what AP things I bought 2 years ago well that I don't have and I gave you all my chars names,a little help from a bizzy GM would be nice in the mean time I'm playing this account.
Sazz
Advertisement

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedNov 06, 2012 7:28 am
We cannot know the reasons of the ban (that anyway should not be discussed via forum), maybe it happened for security reasons. Anyway you did yet the right move: only GM can help you and sending a ticket is the only thing you can do at this time.

Wait for their reply and don't worry: you should get back your account soon.

kevhip84

Rank 0
PostedNov 30, 2012 3:19 am

Good observation

That happened to my brother today w/ his acct. I notice u put same IP address idea... I wonder if that's why his got "Invalid ID and Password" because
We share an Apartment... Hope His Ticket goes thru and urs also bud

Posted By Aeria Mobile

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedDec 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: Good observation

kevhip84 wrote:
That happened to my brother today w/ his acct. I notice u put same IP address idea... I wonder if that's why his got "Invalid ID and Password" because
We share an Apartment... Hope His Ticket goes thru and urs also bud  
Invalid ID and password means he got the password wrong.
If he got the account wrong he would get a different message (something like "account not found" I think).
If he was banned he would get "Cannot log in using this account"

You may think it's odd that "Invalid ID and password" actually means "Invalid password". You would be right.
It's sort of like SonoV* read a security manual and didn't actually understand any of it, but took a couple of messages that people should see. They then implemented these messages without thinking what they mean.
Enough digression, your friend may need to get his password reset - just make sure he still has the email account that is registered to his AGE account.

* SonoV developed the original game & the login procedure.

RIP Kizzd