Dual wield clarifications

hmmmm
Lets say I am to equip two this weapon:

Violent Lacerator
PATK: 3705
STR: +24
AGI: +36
LCK: +12
BONUSES: +15 CRIT Rate Points; +9 CRIT DMG Points; Attacks deal Ice damage +42 points.

Am i supposed to get:

PATK: 3705 + 3705 = 7410
STR: +24 + 24 = 48
AGI: +36 + 36 = 72
LCK: +12 +12 = 24
BONUSES: +30 CRIT Rate Points; +18 CRIT DMG Points; Attacks deal Ice damage +42 points*2.

I have read the guide that says the offhand weap just gives (*1.1)*.3 of its PATK. Is that true? What do you guys think?

Also I am aiming to be a DPS warrior and in confusion which weapon is to use:
dual wield Violent Lacerator (45 sword) or Savage Soldier Destroyer (45 axe)

LVL 49 PVPer.
Advertisement

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedNov 05, 2012 6:06 am
No you wont get double stats, cause you cant equip twice the same weapon. All orange/yellow/awakened weapons are unique weapons and you can only equip one of them. You can equip one orange version and one yellow(50+ weapons) version though.
People that dual wield an weapon often use 2 different kind of 1h weapons, or if they want to use 1 kind of weapon both versions of orange weapons (there is always a choice of 2 weapons each 5 lvls). And 50+ if someone really wants to use the same weapon twice its orange + yellow.

I dont remember specifics but the second hand attack is something like 1/2 or 1/3rd of original attack. The stats like str/agi/lck/wis/int and the blue statted part (mostly crit/crit dmg) will stay like they are.

I personally dont enjoy warrior, but the people i know with more a dps warrior are using an axe when they dps. If they have to tank and get to much dmg they can switch to 1h-weap+shield.

dniw9

Rank 0
dniw9
PostedNov 05, 2012 7:02 am
Alright. So how bout if i use a mace with 4k patk and a club with 3k patk. will i get all 7k patk?

Millumi

Rank 3
Millumi
PostedNov 05, 2012 7:18 am
That's obviously not what happens...
Switch your offhand and mainhand when they have significantly different attack powers, then you can look at it for yourself. You have higher attack with the more powerful main hand weapon.

SapphireMiku

Rank 1
SapphireMiku
PostedNov 05, 2012 7:41 am
dniw9 wrote:
Alright. So how bout if i use a mace with 4k patk and a club with 3k patk. will i get all 7k patk?  

To further clarify what roosje and others posted above.
It works like this.

Mainhand Slot = 100% of P-attack or M-attack.
Offhand Slot = 50% of P-attack or M-attack.

Regardless of what the weapon is, anything in your offhand slot will have it's physical or magical attack reduced by 50%. Shields don't have attack stats, so they aren't affected by this. Two handed weapons also have nothing in the offhand slot, so they aren't affected by this.

The main reason most melee people choose two 1h over 2h weapons: is the 1h weapons allow for TWO special effects which will be activated separately, while a 2H weapon only has one special effect which can be activated.

If your going for straight up-hard hits, a 2H weapon is better; but may produce less DPS in the long run due to lack of significant or useful special effects. Axes also have a-lot slower attack speed than dual wielding, and you will need to skill spam to keep your DPS up. Two 1h weapons will allow for more normal attacks between skills.

Furthermore, its important when using two 1h weapons to keep the strongest p-attack weapon in your main-hand slot. You want to keep the weakest weapon in the offhand slot so that it reduces your p-attack as little as possible.

Common 1h weapon combinations are:
Club + Cestus (Most common combination)
Cestus + Sword
Club + Sword
Cestus + Dagger
Club + Dagger
Sword + Dagger

amacle12

Rank 1
PostedNov 05, 2012 5:39 pm
True, two 1h weapons allow for 2 procs, BUT, a 2h weapon gives parry and usually comparable or higher attack.

It also means less repairs, less gold for SS for combining and some of the 2h weapon awakened procs are just totally OP (katana[yes i know that its sammy only and no sammy is gonna 2x 1h] and axe)

Any DPS warrior at 65+ would be crazy not to use awakened axe. High p-att, great healing proc and parry outdoes almost anything 2x 1h can provide, im my onw humble estimation.

On the other hand, some classes such as theif, MA,BD and knight dont really have much of a choice but to dual weild, or shield it.

Horses for courses ppl.

dniw9

Rank 0
dniw9
PostedNov 06, 2012 7:17 am
I will be a LVL 49 Arena pvper. What do you guys recommend then? Dual wielding? Or Axe?

Millumi

Rank 3
Millumi
PostedNov 06, 2012 10:50 am
Come to think of it, does anyone know how attack speed works with dual wielding?
Like, clubs usually have 1.9 second attack time, while dagger is like, 1.4 seconds.

dniw9

Rank 0
dniw9
PostedNov 07, 2012 12:24 am
I dont know millumi

dniw9

Rank 0
dniw9
PostedNov 07, 2012 2:29 am

Re: It is recommended that you shut up, please.

hypermaxinum wrote:
dniw9 wrote:
I dont know millumi  
It is recommended that you shut up, please.  

You're not being helpful at all. c: