lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedNov 04, 2012 12:13 pm   Last edited by lestat_anil on Mar 24, 2013 12:52 pm. Edited 2 times in total

[Guide] Creating/Managing a Guild

Updated 3/24/2013 with Closed Beta information
Thank you to ESP for her contribution in updating this guide.

Guilds are useful in any game. They nurture a sense of comradery, unite players towards a common goal, and often form bonds of friendship between the members as they help each other level, quest, and defeat powerful foes.

Creating a Guild
    To create a guild, you must speak to the <Guild Manager> NPC that is located in town (Enocia, Bitterstone Base, etc).
      You must be at least level 20 and possess a minimum of 10 gold.
      You cannot already be the member of a guild.
      You cannot have left a guild/disbanded a guild within the past 24 hours.
      The name of your guild cannot be a duplicate of another guild name.

Managing a Guild
    Once your guild is created, you can assign ranks to your members. There are six ranks available.
      Master (guild leader)
      Captain
      Council
      Guard

The guild master has the power to assign ranks, limit the ability of members to access the guild warehouse, restrict the powers of certain ranks, and subtract money from the guild bank.

NPCs and Rooms
    You may notice a few things upon first creating your guild. The first is that a guild room specific to your guild only has magically been created, and that within are two NPCs: the <Guild Donations Manager> and <Guild Warehouse Manager>.

Guild Donations Manager
      The role of the donations manager is just as the name implies; to manage the donations your members will be making to the guild. It is through her that you can view your contribution to the guild as well as donate gold, tokens, or exp to further advance the guild.

Note: All guild members, no matter the rank, can donate to the guild.

Guild Warehouse Manager
      Again, based on the name, this is pretty self-explanatory. This NPC is here to allow members of your guild, depending on what rank you've given access permission to, to store items. It is also through her that guild members can add gold to the guild bank and can observe the record of who has deposited and who has withdrawn money from the guild.

As your guild levels, more warehouse slots will be made available to you. As you can see in the image, Extra 3 & 4 are still darker than the other three, indicating that they haven't been unlocked yet.

Guild Rooms
      There is a more in-depth guide about guild rooms here so I will only touch on this briefly. Guild rooms are automatically created upon the registration of your guild. These rooms are accessible to the members of your guild only, so no need to worry about other people getting in. When your room is first created, it will look a certain way. The rooms are the same for both factions, with the difference of faction color decorations. Once your guild reaches level 5, it upgrades to a new room, with an additional NPC and new features.

Rank and Level
    I'm sure you'll notice that when you create the guild, it start off with a base amount of 20 member slots. That's okay, it's pretty easy to obtain more, though it is definitely a guild effort.

Guild Level
      Your guild level is what will eventually contribute to your guild room and enabling your guild to get a better one. This can be done through gold donations, and only once per day per member.
        Level 1 - 1 gold maximum daily donation
        Level 2 - 2 gold maximum daily donation
        Level 3 - 3 gold maximum daily donation
        Level 4 - 4 gold maximum daily donation
        Level 5 - 5 gold maximum daily donation

Guild Rank/Grade
      Increasing your guild rank/grade is what enables your guild to accept more members. As you raise it, you can add more and more people, until at level 5 you can have a grand total of 50 people in your guild! The way you do this is through EXP point donations, again only once per member per day. No worries, though! The higher your character level, the less of an impact it has on your overall experience. At level 29, donating 90,000 EXP (the maximum amount you can donate to a level 5 guild) is only 1% of my total experience.

Guild Quests
    Guild quests can only be accepted by the guild leader from the <Guild Manager> NPC. Anyone other than the guild master will see this notice upon speaking to her:

This doesn't mean they don't exist, it just means that your guild leader will have to accept them in order for the guild to complete them.

Benefits of Joining
    There are many benefits of joining a guild, some that may even not be entirely obvious at first.
      Guild Warehouse - Depending on how your guild master has set it up, you just might have access to this. If you find that your backpack is running a little on the full side, it's useful to unload items you wouldn't mind sharing with your guild here.
      Dungeons/Elite Bosses - If you've ever played an MMO and been frustrated at the lack of ability to find parties for dungeons or elite bosses, guilds are the perfect solution, especially guilds that have members from multiple different timezones. If you're a United States-bound insomniac, for example, chances are the European players in your guild would be more than happy to run a dungeon with you/party with you to take down some challenging bosses.
      PvP - In a game like this where open-world pvp maps exist (Caergate, Nemesis, etc) it's great belonging to a larger community of players that are likely going to be willing to back you up if you run in to trouble and have to call for help.
Advertisement

joranger

joranger
PostedNov 04, 2012 12:28 pm
Thanks but I want to know what's banefit you got from guild

lestat_anil

lestat_anil
PostedNov 04, 2012 1:14 pm
The only thing I know of off-hand is the existence of a Guild Room. I haven't joined a guild in game yet.

Onewholic

Rank 0
Onewholic
PostedNov 04, 2012 1:17 pm
I thought 24 hours of wating after withdrawing from a guild is already top-knot,but this game proved that nothing is impossible.

Naduron1

Rank 2
PostedNov 06, 2012 7:32 pm
joranger wrote:

Guild Room, Guild Bank, Guild Quests, Guild Rank... i think i forgot one.

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedJan 16, 2013 10:54 pm
Naduron1 wrote:
joranger wrote:

Guild Room, Guild Bank, Guild Quests, Guild Rank... i think i forgot one.  

Yes you did forget one. Guild Make-out sessions. Very Happy

Sorry for the necro but had to do it. Twisted Evil

Love what you do and do what you love.

iGoldDragon

Rank 5.1
iGoldDragon
PostedJan 21, 2013 10:31 pm
Very helpful guide indeed.

ESP_oir

Rank 1
ESP_oir
PostedMar 24, 2013 8:55 am
How to increase the number of members you add:
INCREASE YOUR GUILD GRADE!
This can be done by donating EXP to the guild donations NPC, each time your grade increases the number of members you can add increases by 5. The amount of EXP you can donate increases every time your grade increases as well

How to improve the quality of your guild hall:
INCREASE YOUR GUILD LEVEL!
This can be done by donating GOLD to the guild donations NPC, your guild hall won't change every time your guild level increases though! You need to have grade 5 and rank 5 to achieve the next guild hall. The amount of gold you can donate increases every time your level increases

I want to do a guild quest but there aren't any for me! What's going on?
ONLY THE GUILD MASTER CAN ACCEPT GUILD QUESTS!
But have no fear! Most guild quests involve completing dungeons in party mode, so you can still help out your guild by partying up with your guild leader to do the dungeon!

What are the benefits of being in a Guild?

• Guild Bank (some guilds such as Evolution have restrictions on this to avoid thieving, only members of X rank and higher can put in/take out gold from the bank)
  • Guild Warehouse (Same as above, some guilds have restrictions)
  • An individual community, a lot of members within a guild will become very good friends and trade gears with each other (sometimes for free if you're lucky!)
  • People to play with! It can sometimes be quite hard looking for so called "randoms" to do dungeons with, in a guild you all know each other (if you're active and talkative) and so it's a little easier to ask for help than just yelling it out on shout or whatever (particularly if you're out of megaphones)

What are guild ranks?
GUILD RANKS GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO DO THINGS WITHIN GUILDS!
The restrictions of power vary between each guild, but the ranks remain the same. In order of authority the ranks are:

1. Master
  2. Captain
  3. Council
  4. Guard
  5. Member

*Siggy Under Construction* (/o3o)/

Shadow.Master.

Rank 2
Shadow.Master.
PostedMar 24, 2013 9:08 am
quick question some players applied to my guild and i checked the guild applications and they were on hold is there an option to cancel their applications, because i tried adding another person and it says unknown error pls help

ESP_oir

Rank 1
ESP_oir
PostedMar 24, 2013 9:16 am
Shadow.Master. wrote:
quick question some players applied to my guild and i checked the guild applications and they were on hold is there an option to cancel their applications, because i tried adding another person and it says unknown error pls help  

There is a way around this! Go into your applicants tab and click on the name of one of the applicants. Then select the "add to guild" button. It will come up with two options: Accept or Decline. If you want to add them to the guild you click accept, if not click decline. There will now be space in your guild to add more people and the error shouldn't come up! The guild system counts applied members as actual members, which I think is a strange system, but it's important to clear out your applicant list from time to time to make sure you have space available for new members.

*Siggy Under Construction* (/o3o)/