whocares833

Rank 1
PostedNov 05, 2012 9:44 am

Re: soundcard/headset equalizer settings help please!

teamspeakuser1 wrote:
ImJekel wrote:
Just got a set of steelseries 5hv2's and I'm looking for the best equalizer settings for my soundcard to help increase the already amazing soundplay of the headset.  

Bose you can sound so hard with that thing  
no...
Advertisement

IJJI_FrozenEgg

Rank 2
IJJI_FrozenEgg
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
PostedNov 05, 2012 9:58 am
testicle cannon

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedNov 05, 2012 10:52 am
ImJekel wrote:
he talks about the windows settings, i don't need those i need actual equalizer settings for a soundcard. Below is a picture of what i'm talking about. I want to tweak the levels to hear footsteps/reloads/sniper scopes better. It already performs great at all 0's but i'm sure it could be better.

I have exactly same thing, i just turned EQ on (that on/off button thingy) which i will test

and I d love good settings for that too

Why do Zombies want your Brains? Because you do not use them anyway!

ImJekel

Rank 0
PostedNov 05, 2012 11:17 am
@ whocares probably the best headset under $100 imo they work amazing with the onboard sound cant wait to try the usb soundcard.

http://www.fnatic.com/feature/7441/steelseries-5hv2-headset-review.html

pblock22

Rank 0
PostedFeb 25, 2013 6:32 am

7.1 sound and sound *****

fffff
I have the same problem but i got a trust GXT 26 7.1 surround sound and I want to equalize my sound to sound ***** somee Razz

mines goes from 20 kb to 16k.

If there is any1 who can help me.

SnowShovel_AVA

Rank 3
SnowShovel_AVA
PostedFeb 25, 2013 11:01 am
best soundplay comes from noise cancelling headphones naturally. Neutral EQ/settings and you can hear even the quietest noises across the map.

no EQ will help with soundplay, anyone who claims it does has no idea what he's talking about. This is a gimmick.

you can try using loudness equalization/smart volume, it boosts quiet sound and lowers loud sound, the problem that can rise from this is a lack of distance soundscape, so you rely on sound cues. This is the easiest way for bad/mediocre headphones to perform nearly as good as high end ones.

anyway, you should never rely on sound, it should be more like icing on the cake.

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedFeb 25, 2013 11:02 am
SnowShovel_AVA wrote:
best soundplay comes from noise cancelling headphones naturally. Neutral EQ/settings and you can hear even the quietest noises across the map.

no EQ will help with soundplay, anyone who claims it does has no idea what he's talking about. This is a gimmick.

you can try using loudness equalization/smart volume, it boosts quiet sound and lowers loud sound, the problem that can rise from this is a lack of distance soundscape, so you rely on sound cues. This is the easiest way for bad/mediocre headphones to perform nearly as good as high end ones.  

Excuse me for being nub

but how do I use this loudness equalization? :O

SnowShovel_AVA

Rank 3
SnowShovel_AVA
PostedFeb 25, 2013 11:04 am
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:
SnowShovel_AVA wrote:

Excuse me for being nub

but how do I use this loudness equalization? :O  

its different for everyone, but most people have the realtek audio driver, so its under there as an option.

1shotKING

Rank 1
1shotKING
PostedFeb 25, 2013 11:36 am
ImJekel wrote:
@ whocares probably the best headset under $100 imo they work amazing with the onboard sound cant wait to try the usb soundcard.

http://www.fnatic.com/feature/7441/steelseries-5hv2-headset-review.html  

In the blood son!

SgtGrunt

Rank 0
SgtGrunt
PostedFeb 25, 2013 11:41 am
Equalizer to "Soft" and Environment to "Carpeted Hallway" (Plus Headphone Virtualization and Loudness Equalization) makes hearing footsteps easier.

I like bacon.