No doubt you have seen them in various chat channels within Aeria- more often than not, answering a question or offering gameplay advice. But what do these mysterious [GS]-tagged players do? How do they get their special tags? What powers do they have and what does it take to become one? Below lies the answers to all of those questions and more!
What is a Game Sage?
A Game Sage is a community volunteer, who has been recognized for their expertise in one or more games. They are normal players, but have the assistance of the GM Team with their community services.
"Game Sage" (often shortened to "GS") is a very befitting title as they are expected to be sage in both the answers given and the advice they have to offer. They are players just like you, who started games hosted by Aeria and realized that they wanted to be a bigger part of it all. Therefore, they chose to volunteer their time to offer their assistance and knowledge in order to help both the GameMasters and the community (that's you!).
There are many misconceptions about GameSages. GameSages are not employees of Aeria Games & Entertainment
, which means we have absolutely no control over your account(s) and your tickets, nor do we receive any "special powers" within the games we play or serve.
Please note the official [insert link later] Current GameMasters and GameSage List will remain up-to-date by the GM team.
What does a Game Sage do?
They are jacks-of-all-trades! Sages have various different duties, and every day is different from the day before. The average Game Sage may find himself/herself handling situations including, but not limited to:
- Assisting players in-game, in the forums, and in the Shoutbox with various issues
- Finding, verifying, and properly reporting issues
- Reporting situations requiring GM review/action
- Collaborating with the GS/GM team on creating or editing guides for the game and community
- Providing constructive feedback to the GM team on specific issues as requested
- Limitless other side-projects we take on to make the game a better place for you!
What are the requirements for becoming a Game Sage?
As stated in Rules and Volunteers:
The requirements to be a Community Volunteer are :
Must be over 16
Must have time to contribute to the community in their specified role
Have record of contribution on forums and in game
Have strong people skills and enthusiasm and knowledge
Have desire to expand and improve the community
Show teamwork and ability to work and foster discussions with others
Have or be willing to meet any additional requirements in their specified role
May not be on any watched or banned lists.
The requirements to be a Game Sage are:
Must meet Community Volunteer requirements.
Must have 2 months experience with the game. (may be waived)
Must have been an Aeria Games Member for 2 months.
Must have met the specified level/rank/achievement levels.
Must have met the forum post requirements for the game.
A large part of being a successful Game Sage is having the patience to answer the same questions repeatedly, the willingness/ability to find the answers to questions which you may not immediately know, and the willingness/ability to collaborate with a large group of people as a member of a team.
How do I apply to become a Game Sage?
When Game Sage applications are open, usually near the beginning of each month (or as needed), a thread will be posted in the Announcements section of the Aeria Mobile General Discussion Forum
. This thread will always be posted by a Game Master. Remember that a huge part of being a Game Sage is being able to follow instructions!
Game Sage Application Part I:
Using this format, post Part I in the official Game Sage application thread in the forum section linked above.
Game Sage Application Part II:
[b]1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage?[/b]
[b]2. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?[/b]
[b]3. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?[/b]
[b]4. What experience do you have with the Aeria Mobile forum community?[/b]
[b]5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage?[/b]
[b]6. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for Mobile (and not another game)?[/b]
[b]7. Explain the importance of confidentiality in this position.[/b]
[b]8. RT #:[/b]
Submit Part II as a ticket at Contact Us - Game Support.
After you submit your ticket, copy your RT number, click "Edit" on your GS Application post, and paste your RT number into question number 8 for Part I.
1. Account Name:
2. (Main) IGN:
3. (Alt) IGNs:
4. Game applying for:
5. Character Levels:
7. When did you start playing Aeria Mobile?
8. How much time do you spend playing per week?:
9. What time are you usually online? (PST):
10. Have you ever been banned or had any disciplinary action taken against you? If so, please explain:
11. Are you willing to stop all level/equipment/character advancement, so that you have time for Game Sage Duties?:
12. Are you at least 16 years of age?:
13. Link to Part I of your application:
Another misconception about Game Sages is that they are "chat police" or that they are there to get people banned, which is absolutely not the truth. They are here to HELP you, and will do the best they can to help you find the answer(s) you need.
If you have any more questions about Game Sages, please don't hesitate to PM (private message) a GM or a GS from another game using their forum profile. We will be glad to answer your questions!
Should you choose to apply, we wish you the best of luck!
*Adapted from Saltyloves*
Hello volunteers! A few months ago, we asked for suggestions for a set of universal guidelines to help explain the expectations and standards of the Game Sage Teams as a whole. After a lengthy review and approval process from the GS Managers, the GM Teams, and the leadership team, we are proud to present the finished result!
These rules apply to ALL volunteers regardless of the game or team you are tagged with.
Section 1 - Adherence to the Rules
- A GS is expected to comply with the ToS, Fair Play Rules, Player Ethics, Forum Rules, and all officially posted Aeria Policies and Regulations just like any other player.
- A GS should encourage players within the community to read and follow the ToS, Fair Play Rules, Player Ethics, Forum Rules, and all officially posted Aeria Policies and Regulations.
Section 2 - Shout Box(SB)/Forum Etiquette
- A GS should be welcome in all Shoutboxes and Forums, even outside their "tagged" game. GSes should discourage hostile behavior from their community towards any GS regardless of which game they are tagged in.
- GSes should work together between games to solve community issues and answer questions about common issues, problems, and policies.
- A GS should always be polite and serve as a role model when posting to any SB/Forums. The GS tag is always visible regardless of game and is therefore a reflection of the entire GS community.
- A GS should be respectful of the global community and avoid putting down specific games and players.
- Do NOT identify yourself as a GS when on an alternate account. If you are posting to a SB/Forum on an alternate account, you are posting as an ordinary player. However, when on an alternate account you are expected to uphold the same standards that you would as a GS.
Thank you all for your suggestions and your patience as we developed these policies! For more information on where these rules came from, please click this link.
Section 3 - General GS Etiquette
- A GS should always treat players respectfully and professionally. A GS should bridge the gap as an ambassador between the community and Aeria Staff.
- Any disagreement between GSes should be handled privately and in a professional manner. If you are unable to resolve the issue between yourselves, contact your GS Manager to mediate the dispute.
- A GS should be patient with all players, whether they are new or veterans.
- A GS should never threaten a player with a ban; instead, do everything in your power to defuse the situation, pointing out rules/ToS/Ethic violations and the possible consequences.
- A GS should never imply that they have any influence or control over the status of player accounts or decisions by the GMs or any other Aeria employee.
- A GS does not have any power over other players nor the authority to enforce or implement policies; they can only advise and report.
- A GS may acknowledge that they receive rewards for serving as a GS, but they should refrain from specifying what they receive. Players asking about this issue should be directed to send a ticket.
- A GS is not allowed to assist with AP Card trades/sales in any games or forums. Aeria does not support or endorse such trades and participating as a GS can be interpreted as an endorsement by the community.
- A GS is not expected to know every answer to every question. If you don't know, ask a fellow GS or GM instead of giving incorrect information.
- GSes should work together as a team when dealing with all situations.
- Anything posted on the GS forums, in meetings or on YIM is 100% confidential unless told otherwise.
- Being a GS takes precedence over any other allegiances. If you see a friend or a guild member breaking the rules you must treat that person exactly the same way you would treat any other player. If you are unable to remain impartial, ask a neutral party to assist.
- A GS should stay up to date with the game. This includes, but is not limited to, game content, promotion information, rule revisions, and other policy information.
- A GS should make every attempt to mediate and resolve a problem situation. If absolutely necessary, a GS may only block a player who is harassing them directly.
*written by GMLeo*