qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 02, 2012 6:55 pm   Last edited by qawsar on Dec 03, 2012 11:06 am. Edited 1 time in total
After playing alpha (please note things are 100x better now) I'll say this: (Read ALL of it to get an understanding because it feels like you skimmed)

~ Card System is fine the way it is, it makes things unique, and varying.

~ Pet System is unique. Think of the 100's of mobs there are in game... and being able to get a pet version of each of them. Their not purely aesthetic either. They boost stats and also had the ability to level and use skills based on the client data.

~ Life Class System - I've played EVERY mmorpg listed on OnRPG's list, not one was missed, unless it got shutdown. I've also played LO. I hate crafting, and I play through games with minimal to no crafting. In LO, thats totally different and is core game play, ofcourse if your rich you don't need to ever craft, some people crafted their way to max level as a level 50 life class.
Theres SO much you can do with your life class, even in the future you can build buildings and identify unique items that others would not be able to because of their low life class level. The extensiveness and etc, I have never seen in any game. Yes I've seen similiar things, but most definetly not to this extent, and yes I've seen GW2, i have many guildies playing it and totally understand it

~ Couple System - Believe it or not, male:male , female:female relationships exist in game ya know, even if its for fun or just the boosts that you may get, its not super extensive in LO yet from what I know, but its there unlike many MMO's

~ Quests - Although i highly doubt it will have dynamic questing, but heck LO is F2P! And the quests are very rich in story and plot. Not to mention the game is very quest based as opposed to grind based. But if you dislike quests, they generously offer an extensive party system to allow for easy leveling in parties. As a note though, LO does vary up quests a bit instead of just the average "collect x and give to npc z", there are quests that involve finding objects and using them, and having the objects summon mini-bosses, etc. etc. However Life Class quests are fairly the same, they involve crafting an item and giving it to the npc, but crafting in itself is a fun journey.

~ Dungeons - Now this might interest you. There are 2 different types of dungeons in LO. There should also be raid dungeons, but since I don't have info on that, I wont say anything.

- Party Instance Dungeons - These dungeons are in an instanced zone, offering multiple modes of play including easy/hard/etc. They come with a final boss and mini-bosses, all of which are an actual CHALLENGE, instead of the average tank-n-spank, they usually involve you moving around a lot. The dungeons themselves also involve traps and platforming! The dungeon is timed as well.

- Open Instance Dungeon - These are open to all players, and not just parties, you can see everyone in here, and they also have bosses. Not too much more is known. I've been in one and fought the boss before too.

- Raid Dungeons - Not much info.

Advertisement

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedDec 02, 2012 8:27 pm
oh wow
but this info as much answers as it give it just creates so many more questions
any chance of some more info on pets?

terracyrax

Rank 2
terracyrax
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:15 pm
qawsar wrote:
~ Couple System - Believe it or not, male:male , female:female relationships exist in game ya know, even if its for fun or just the boosts that you may get, its not super extensive in LO yet from what I know, but its there unlike many MMO's  

this is all i needed to know theres only what a slim few pickings of mmos with same gender marriage/couple systems. so this makes me happy to see it here.

Zelxski

Rank 1
Zelxski
PostedDec 03, 2012 1:15 am
terracyrax wrote:
qawsar wrote:

this is all i needed to know theres only what a slim few pickings of mmos with same gender marriage/couple systems. so this makes me happy to see it here.  

I could be wrong, and I encourage correction if I am, but I don't think blue is saying that same gender marriage is implemented in the game. I think he is just making the statement that the couple system is not wanted by mostly male & female couples, but that their is a large community of same gender couples that want the system as well. The only reason I am assuming this is because of what sykw625 said in his last post (which was the post blue was replying to).

sykw625 wrote:

Coupling System - Heavily dependent on RL male-female ratio. ;p
But i suppose this game has a heavy draw for female gamers than let's say GW, WoW, or SWTOR  

Not trying to be a wet blanket, just don't want a bunch of people getting all happy for something that may or may not be there.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 03, 2012 11:03 am
Zelxski wrote:

I could be wrong, and I encourage correction if I am, but I don't think blue is saying that same gender marriage is implemented in the game. I think he is just making the statement that the couple system is not wanted by mostly male & female couples, but that their is a large community of same gender couples that want the system as well. The only reason I am assuming this is because of what sykw625 said in his last post (which was the post blue was replying to).

Yes, I do not know if same gender relationships exist in the couple system. The only clue we would have to that would be from someone who played the KR LO OBT version, however I wouldn't doubt that LO will have same gender relationships.

rinsha wrote:
oh wow
but this info as much answers as it give it just creates so many more questions
any chance of some more info on pets?  

Yes, there are so many questions that we all have, the info is really nice, and it leaves so much unanswered. That's as much there is known about pets really at the moment. However you can find pet images/etc on Rockmans pixelyard (I'll update with a link once I find it again xD or just ask him)