ZombieIceCream

Aeria: Product Manager
ZombieIceCream
PostedNov 01, 2012 7:44 pm

PRODUCER BLOG - We're on a roll! Also, AP Winners!

Winners for our raffle will also be announced!
Like us on Facebook!

Thursday, November 1st, 2012 - Fourth Blog!  

We're on a roll! Also, AP Winners Smile
Quick note - we may paraphrase some questions!

PD Blog Archive
Check out past PD blogs here. Smile

Mounts?
Of course! There will be mounts in DKO. They'll provide a basic speed boost (speed is awesome!) Some mounts may have more speed than others. One thing is for certain - they are seriously awesome looking. We're talking flaming horses, multi-tailed foxes, and exotic lions.
Oh yeaaa. Smile

How easy is it to acquire gold?
In a lot of other games, the in-game currency system works something like this:
100 Bronze = 1 silver
100 silver = 1 gold
In other games, they only have a flat currency - so just credits, or gold, or coins. This is the type of system DK has. On average beginning mobs will drop 6-7 gold a piece. This will scale up depending on difficulty, quest rewards, etc. Smile So for fees for bank usage, or purchases for items from vendors, you should have adequate funding to perform all those actions. Smile

Which class in game is the healer?
Most classes have a couple of support skills to help group dynamics and contribute to group survival. The primary healing class going into CB is actually the Shadowmage. She's a really interesting class in that she has both aggressive magic and healing magic. She has direct heals, DoTs, stuns and direct damage spells. Though ZIC isn't big into caster classes, the Shadowmage is actually ZIC's class of choice for CB. Very Happy

Tell us about PvP!
PvP in DK is going to be multi-faceted! Open world PvP as seen in the Korean version has adjusted to an Opt-In PK system. What does this mean? It means you'll actually have to toggle on the option to participate in world PvP. Additional mechanics will be in place to help prevent abuse of this system (healing a flagged character will cause you to be flagged, for example) but still allow users to PvP whenever they want. Some zones are "safe zones" - primarily towns, which you will not be able to enable PK in.

On top of that, there's Realm vs Realm PvP, Guild-based Castle Siege. We'll have more details on that for you soon. Smile

That's our questions for this week! Be sure to post here for next week's round of questions (feel free to re-post if your question was not answered by us, as well)

AP Raffle winners!
  • Zenten
  • econaba
  • 4SuperSayin4
  • Zodrag5
  • Eniskuo

ZIC will message you shortly with your AP E-Pin! Congratulations!

Best,
ZIC & North

As a side note - North will be taking over the posting of the PD Blogs! You're all in great hands. Smile

Advertisement

deatheater59

GameSage: Wolf Team
deatheater59
PostedNov 01, 2012 7:56 pm
Good thinking guys. Congratulations! Keep your brains working,right now I am out of questions.

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedNov 01, 2012 8:10 pm
*.* Makes me want to play Shadowmage even more now, ahaha

4SuperSayin4

Rank 0
4SuperSayin4
PostedNov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Yay Me!

Ohhh so cool 1st event iv won in years ! Thx ^^

Tearfulplace

Rank 2
Tearfulplace
PostedNov 01, 2012 8:23 pm
I have a few Idea ...

1. What can we expect to see market wise? Like what will it be like buying stuff from players? Will players also be able to trade/sell cash stuff for gold?

2. Guild size limits?

3. Level cap? and is their anything gained from leveling? player stats whatever.

4. How many lady's do you expect to be playing this game? (this question can refer to males playing girl characters as i will do,also uh like classy ladys who are actual ladys irl)

5. This question ties into 4...Will there be something were we can get those guys who pretend to be girls on games like a yellow card? I'm sick and tired of being tricked.
Like were if you ask a cop if he is a cop he has to say he is a cop. Embarassed

6. Will their be a good story line? I personally hate em i skip em in any game but i'm wondering if their will be one.

7.Will their be Voice chat in game,like a hot key?

I'm totally joking on 4 and 5 don't chew me out although...if you can answer those questions Wink

EDIT: Few more questions and more of these Smile Very Happy Embarassed

PrincessKiss2

Rank 0
PrincessKiss2
PostedNov 01, 2012 8:41 pm
Hm.... I have a few questions from all the rumors and guessing from around the forums.

1. How would the guild system work? Would the guild leader be able to set a rate for the amount of gold that comes in to the guild form quest and monster the guild members kill? Would there be something like a small guild hall or base that is not part of the Castle Siege? How would the political system for the guild works or is that not decided yet of your version of DKO will have the guild political system?

2. Castle Siege, the first one would it be just which ever guild that can keep a hold of the castle until the time is up? After that how would it work, would be able to buy things to protect the castle like in the Korean version of DKO?

3. I am wondering if there will be like pets in the game that can pick up stuff for you, ect. If there are pets would we have a quest for them, a NPC selling them or do we have to buy them from the Item Mall?

Thank you in advance for reading my questions and maybe answering them for me. Thank you from everyone waiting to play DKO and would are all hoping from they questions to be answered.

KatsumotoRage

Rank 0
PostedNov 01, 2012 8:57 pm
Will there be some sort of Autoroot System? Always nice to have your char run to where is needed while you take a quick break..

Will there be a AutoPick up Function?? Or a Chain system.. like you put skills into a chain.. use the chain and cycles through the skills till the mob is dead then the chain ends..?

think thats all i have at the moment.. Keep up the good work Very Happy .. cant wait for the game to come out.. looks pretty awesome

Wiz120

Rank 0
Wiz120
PostedNov 01, 2012 11:12 pm
What are the benefits/penalties for PKing/getting PK'd ? (In the open world Opt in PK system)

Zodrag5

Rank 0
Zodrag5
PostedNov 02, 2012 1:03 am
You really didn't mention anything new about PVP that people didn't already knew.

I really think these questions should be answered as soon as you guys find out since this is a PVP oriented game and it's all about the PVP.

I Crave PVP and these are the questions I'd like to know to determine if ill be playing this game or not.

I want PVP to be the funnest part of the game. Not where everyone is afraid to PVP and it gets boring then.

The questions that i asked before were:

"What exactly are the rules of PVPing and having the sword icon?

Can you switch into PVP mode when ever you want or is there a time limit that you have to be in that mode for?

Plus what happens when you die in PVP?

I read that when you die from monsters or other "warriors" that you have a chance to lose your equipment and a random amount of equipment may be dropped.

Is this true with both dying from training and PVP or is it just based on dying from training?

Otherwise there will be less people wanting to PVP in a PVP based oriented game because there are afraid of losing their equipment that took the lots of money and time making just to be able to lose it all in one second."

Hope you guys can are able to tell us more New Information about PVPing , castle seiges, realm VS realms next week that we already don't already know or very basic information! WE WANT DETAILS ABOUT PVPING! Very Happy

Thanks, Zodrag.

PaperSpirit

Rank 4
PaperSpirit
PostedNov 02, 2012 2:30 am
Surprised so Shadowmage is the healer?
DX ffs

>,> owell not a big fan of the look so i guess i still wont pick her

<a></a>