doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedNov 07, 2012 9:57 pm
SolunaFate37 wrote:
doc09 wrote:
They're probably checking for any issues for futures patches (DK), but i could be wrong, it's only a guess on that.

Sometimes when testing a patch, it may take extra time, specially during a maint, maint provides the best time for them to test a patch before going live with it because there is no people on and they can make sure there isn't any major bugs with it. Just think of it as it being a extra precaution. (This is still all guessing on if they're doing this)  

This sounds like the most logical conclusion. Many games do just this and disguise it as regular backup.  

Many game hosts do actually do this to test some major things that need to be tested on the actual servers. What many people don't know is companies like Blizzard, and JageX, they run un-hosted servers (or more commonly known as private servers, along with them being unable to be accessed by general public) to do pretesting on patches before they're actually released. The major difference in un-hosted servers and hosted servers is that un-hosted is that they can be used for unlimited abouts of patch testing, while hosted receives only specific tested patches.

Edit: Also when doing a maint, they may be testing to make sure that there isn't any major flaws/issues that would cause the game to have unwanted effects.
Advertisement

Belhala

Rank 0
PostedNov 07, 2012 11:06 pm
naww~ I wanna play now~ : |

FumblesDaSlayer

Rank 0
FumblesDaSlayer
PostedNov 07, 2012 11:42 pm
think maybe they forgot to turn the servers back on?

PaperJax

Rank 0
PaperJax
PostedNov 07, 2012 11:51 pm
I hope they come back up soon!
I only just started playing and I wanna keep playing haha Razz

<small>Oh thaaaaat's what that does...</small>

cuang123

Rank 0
cuang123
PostedNov 07, 2012 11:52 pm
Lol people relax.. take a break or do something else while server is down, theres a whole world out there.. and besides would you rather want to play a game now with a lot of bugs/glitches or just wait and play the game smoothly without any annoying bugs? at least they are doing something to fix bugs, so all we have to do is sit back and wait

Yeah.. Whatever

howtoeat

Rank 0
PostedNov 07, 2012 11:54 pm
Belhala wrote:

Me too~~~~~~~

i'm new to this game n just finished patching it earlier~ went in . create a character . played to lv4 ~ then suddenly " server will be down in 10sec ~ 9 sec ~ 8sec............ Sad

Belhala

Rank 0
PostedNov 07, 2012 11:57 pm
howtoeat wrote:
Belhala wrote:

Me too~~~~~~~

i'm new to this game n just finished patching it earlier~ went in . create a character . played to lv4 ~ then suddenly " server will be down in 10sec ~ 9 sec ~ 8sec............ Sad  

Sad