gmebilfish
PostedAug 01, 2012 6:18 pm
=) Welcome new players!

Advertisement

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedAug 01, 2012 6:22 pm
i welcome all new comers.....now join gaia canta as aol and feed my desire for more blood!!! lol
just kidding....i dont like nub smashing just for killz.....rather see thoes nubs turn into worthy oponents for both sides and everyone have a great time Smile

quigzby

GameSage: Shaiya Phoenix
quigzby
PostedAug 01, 2012 8:36 pm   Last edited by quigzby on Aug 17, 2012 2:17 pm. Edited 2 times in total
fireyangel020 wrote:

Thank you very much for the helpful information. I have taken your advice and I am going to start a hard mode character. I would also like to ask if there is a place where I can see all of the in-game commands and how to add some one as a friend in game and stuff like that?  

Some of the basics of operation for the game can be found on the Getting Started page. There are several sections on the page that will help you with in-game controls and identification of items on your HUD/GUI (Heads Up Display/Graphic User Interface).

Getting Started

• Logging In
  • Character Creation
  • Quests
  • Movement
  • Combat
  • Chat
  • AP

Interface

• HUD/GUI
  • Map

As for adding a friend, Shaiya has a "Buddy" list you can add other toons too. To access the list, press the Community icon (also known as the Guild icon) on the function bar in the lower right corner of your screen. It is the second icon from the right. This will open up the Guild window. Click on the Buddy tab on the left, enter the toon name in the box on the top, then click on Add Buddy. Note: You must be on the same map as the toon you are trying to add to the list. To delete a buddy, simply select the toon to be deleted and pres the delete button at the bottom right. You can PM (Private Message) any toon in your buddy list that is online by selecting that toon and pressing the Whisper button at the bottom left.

Hot-Key Bars - 'Y' key.

There is a secondary set of hot-key bars that isn't shown on the information screen. One has 3 visible boxes and the other has 2 visible boxes. You can display or hide these hot-key bars by pressing the 'Y' key.

3-box Hot-Key bar
This box is where you can chain attacks by placing the attack in an empty box. You have 4 sets of boxes you can configure here. Clicking on the number on the left cycles through the 4 sets.

When you've chosen a set to configure, press the 'Y' on the right side of the hot-key bar. This will open a second row of boxes where you can drag a skill to.

The default displays 3 boxes, but you can press the '+' key to increase the number of boxes available, up to 6 (but still, only 3 will be displayed for use at a time).

To add a skill to the hot-key box, open your skill menu and drag-n-drop the desired skill into one of the empty slots.

When you have all the boxes propagated, press the 'Y' button to close the configuration boxes. Once you have the skills configured you can rapidly cycle through them by pressing the 'R' key. This comes in handy when fighting mobs as you don't have to click on corresponding numbers to initiate attacks, all are initiated with a single key. You can also have attack combinations configured for specific mobs or pvp actions.

2-box Hot-Key bar
This hot-key bar is for Pots (potions). The left box corresponds to the 'Z' key and the right box to the 'X' key. Pressing the appropriate key uses the pot in that box. If you place all your same pots next to each other in your pack, for instance health, then when you have depleted one stack of pots the next stack will automatically take its place in the hot-key box.

Kati0nie

Rank 0
Kati0nie
PostedAug 17, 2012 12:56 pm
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi. i started playing a couple days ago. Lets see... i am a level 8 Nordein warrior on normal. I play on the Phoenix server.

Thnx everyone for all the helpful info in this thread. it really helped alot. ♥

quigzby

GameSage: Shaiya Phoenix
quigzby
PostedAug 17, 2012 2:18 pm
Kati0nie wrote:
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi. i started playing a couple days ago. Lets see... i am a level 8 Nordein warrior on normal. I play on the Phoenix server.

Thnx everyone for all the helpful info in this thread. it really helped alot. ♥  

Welcome to the world of Shaiya. While most players will help you with the game, you can also ask for the assistance of a GS while in-game.

Kati0nie

Rank 0
Kati0nie
PostedAug 18, 2012 11:40 am
Very Happy Im glade to be here.

Lili.Baybee

Rank 2
Lili.Baybee
In your head, under your bed. United States
PostedSep 08, 2012 1:34 pm
quigzby wrote:
fireyangel020 wrote:

Thank you very much for the helpful information. I have taken your advice and I am going to start a hard mode character. I would also like to ask if there is a place where I can see all of the in-game commands and how to add some one as a friend in game and stuff like that?  

Some of the basics of operation for the game can be found on the Getting Started page. There are several sections on the page that will help you with in-game controls and identification of items on your HUD/GUI (Heads Up Display/Graphic User Interface).

Getting Started

• Logging In
  • Character Creation
  • Quests
  • Movement
  • Combat
  • Chat
  • AP

Interface

• HUD/GUI
  • Map

As for adding a friend, Shaiya has a "Buddy" list you can add other toons too. To access the list, press the Community icon (also known as the Guild icon) on the function bar in the lower right corner of your screen. It is the second icon from the right. This will open up the Guild window. Click on the Buddy tab on the left, enter the toon name in the box on the top, then click on Add Buddy. Note: You must be on the same map as the toon you are trying to add to the list. To delete a buddy, simply select the toon to be deleted and pres the delete button at the bottom right. You can PM (Private Message) any toon in your buddy list that is online by selecting that toon and pressing the Whisper button at the bottom left.

Hot-Key Bars - 'Y' key.

There is a secondary set of hot-key bars that isn't shown on the information screen. One has 3 visible boxes and the other has 2 visible boxes. You can display or hide these hot-key bars by pressing the 'Y' key.

3-box Hot-Key bar
This box is where you can chain attacks by placing the attack in an empty box. You have 4 sets of boxes you can configure here. Clicking on the number on the left cycles through the 4 sets.

When you've chosen a set to configure, press the 'Y' on the right side of the hot-key bar. This will open a second row of boxes where you can drag a skill to.

The default displays 3 boxes, but you can press the '+' key to increase the number of boxes available, up to 6 (but still, only 3 will be displayed for use at a time).

To add a skill to the hot-key box, open your skill menu and drag-n-drop the desired skill into one of the empty slots.

When you have all the boxes propagated, press the 'Y' button to close the configuration boxes. Once you have the skills configured you can rapidly cycle through them by pressing the 'R' key. This comes in handy when fighting mobs as you don't have to click on corresponding numbers to initiate attacks, all are initiated with a single key. You can also have attack combinations configured for specific mobs or pvp actions.

2-box Hot-Key bar
This hot-key bar is for Pots (potions). The left box corresponds to the 'Z' key and the right box to the 'X' key. Pressing the appropriate key uses the pot in that box. If you place all your same pots next to each other in your pack, for instance health, then when you have depleted one stack of pots the next stack will automatically take its place in the hot-key box.

O:! Thanks, this really helped. I just started yesterday. My ign is LyHuynh server: phoenix

kahriman1

Rank 0
PostedSep 21, 2012 3:40 pm
Hy everyone im new to Shaiya the game looks awesom =) im lvl 4 atm =P but i don't know on what to put stats point. i'm a vail assassin class. ty =)

Ldydrgn

Rank 2
Ldydrgn
PostedSep 21, 2012 3:52 pm
kahriman1 wrote:
Hy everyone im new to Shaiya the game looks awesom =) im lvl 4 atm =P but i don't know on what to put stats point. i'm a vail assassin class. ty =)  

Try reading through Class Guides and most of all have fun Smile

<br>Semi-Retired until some semblance of F2P is returned...

crims0n097

Rank 0
crims0n097
PostedOct 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Hello ... Im New :D

Hey ... Hello to All ... hope u all doin fine Very Happy

This is my first MMORPG ... So Please Help me to understand it ... Any help will be Appreciated.

Thanks ...

- crims0n