quigzby

GameSage: Shaiya Phoenix
quigzby
PostedApr 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Re: Getting in VR or Jungle

Can't get in
farhouman wrote:
Hello,

I was summoned by my party leader into a VR or Jungle portal. All the people in my party were able to go thru the barrier except me. I fell into the underground (water). I used the town portal and ended up in Karis Castle town. What happened to me? Where was I? Why did everyone else went thru the barrier except for me? Thanks for the explanation.

jfarhouman@motorola.com  

You experienced what is commonly referred to as a graphics glitch. Unfortunately while they are not all that uncommon in the game, they are hard to replicate. Your toon just happened to be in the wrong spot at the right time, causing you to "fall" off the map. Chances are, the next time you go through the barrier you probably will not experience the glitch.

Advertisement

quigzby

quigzby
PostedApr 27, 2012 10:41 am

Newbie vs. Nublet - the definitions
PlagueFoxII wrote:
ive been told im a nublet on multiple occasions, do i get to post? :O  

Ahhhhh ...... no. Sorry.

For those who are confused by the 2 terms, newbie vs. nublet, here are the "unofficial" definitions:

new·bie (a.k.a new player)
n (Aeria Games / Shaiya) Slang

A player that is new to the MMORPG gaming experience, especially in Aeria Games, specifically Shaiya. This player's ignorance of the game is based solely upon their inexperience in the game.

nu·blet (a.k.a. nub)
n (Aeria Games / Shaiya) Slang

A seasoned player exhibiting new player tendencies (or worse) in MMORPG, especially Shaiya. These tendencies are usually lamer than tendencies a new player might exhibit. One who, without thought or effort, makes fellow players roll their eyes, bang their heads on hard surfaces, or run screaming from the room. This player's ignorance of the game is based upon diliberate effort.

Alsheanna

Rank 0
Alsheanna
PostedJun 24, 2012 11:28 pm
Hi Everybody
I go by the name Of D'Rell
I'm a level 17 Noob on pheonix server

Avaelyn

Rank 0
Avaelyn
PostedJul 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi :)

Just popped into the forum for a sneaky peaky, and realised not only am I very new, (to all online games!) but have been lvling obliviously and probley breaking about a zillion rules along the way! lol Embarassed

So pardon my ignorance, forgot I am not just playing a computer heheh, and go easy on me!

I started this journey because I think the girls are hot! lol its my first online gaming experience, h ell, my first gaming experience at all! Laughing

NIce to meet y'all anyway, all the way from Australia, 32f

Umm Heena/23/fighter, think I got that right? Shocked

quigzby

quigzby
PostedJul 11, 2012 9:30 pm
Welcome to the world of Shaiya Avaelyn. Just one word of advice....the "girls" aren't necessarily "girls" Rolling Eyes This is after all, a roll-playing game. Very Happy

Two posts you might find helpful in learning the rules can be found here
http://www.aeriagames.com/policy/rules
http://www.aeriagames.com/policy/terms

There is also a wealth of information to be had from the forums for various classes: how to apply your stats (known as "build"), what skills to get/use depending upon your class, mode, level, and tactics.

Glad to have you aboard, enjoy!

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJul 12, 2012 2:58 am
quigzby wrote:
Just one word of advice....the "girls" aren't necessarily "girls" Rolling Eyes This is after all, a roll-playing game. Very Happy  

lol'd

signature of xybolt

fireyangel020

Rank 0
PostedJul 25, 2012 6:24 pm
Hi everyone. I've only been playing for a few days so I guess I'm a noob. I'm on the phoenix server usually. I chose to be on the side of the Goddess of Darkness. I am currently level 10. I am playing on normal mode. I've always loved gaming and I finally have a computer that will let me game the right way. I'm a full time mom and i just found when I can have my me time so this is the fist game I've really played in a while besides bf3 on the ps3. And I don't know what to say about me I guess the best way to find that out would be to talk to me and get to know me yourself.

quigzby

quigzby
PostedJul 25, 2012 8:01 pm
fireyangel020 wrote:
Hi everyone. I've only been playing for a few days so I guess I'm a noob. I'm on the phoenix server usually. I chose to be on the side of the Goddess of Darkness. I am currently level 10. I am playing on normal mode. I've always loved gaming and I finally have a computer that will let me game the right way. I'm a full time mom and i just found when I can have my me time so this is the fist game I've really played in a while besides bf3 on the ps3. And I don't know what to say about me I guess the best way to find that out would be to talk to me and get to know me yourself.  

Glad to have you with us. I hope you enjoy your gaming experience. The forums have a wealth of information about how to build up your character, what skills to use, etc.

I see that you started on a normal mode. This is a good mode to use to get to know a character and class. However, the higher in level it goes, the more of a disadvantage it has against hard mode (HM) and ultimate mode (UM) characters, especially if you are into pvp (player verses player). Most players go with HM because you get more stat points than NM (7 instead of 5) and more skill points (4 instead of 3). This enables you to increase your stats and obtain more skills than an NM can. Of course UM gives you 9 stat points and 5 skill points, but there is that nasty business about dieing and not being able to resurrect you character without a priest or a res rune. If you don't have either of those, dead is dead Razz

Regardless of which class you are running, a good website to know about that will help you in quests and grinding is shaiya.cassdodge.com. This site contains area and dungeon maps and provides the location of mobs on each of the maps, spawn times for bosses, and monster levels compared to your character's level.

So once again welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time on Shaiya. If you have any questions in game most players will be more than happy to help you out. Also, you can ask for a GS (Game Sage) and they will gladly assist you. Very Happy

fireyangel020

Rank 0
PostedAug 01, 2012 2:18 pm
quigzby wrote:
Glad to have you with us. I hope you enjoy your gaming experience. The forums have a wealth of information about how to build up your character, what skills to use, etc.

I see that you started on a normal mode. This is a good mode to use to get to know a character and class. However, the higher in level it goes, the more of a disadvantage it has against hard mode (HM) and ultimate mode (UM) characters, especially if you are into pvp (player verses player). Most players go with HM because you get more stat points than NM (7 instead of 5) and more skill points (4 instead of 3). This enables you to increase your stats and obtain more skills than an NM can. Of course UM gives you 9 stat points and 5 skill points, but there is that nasty business about dieing and not being able to resurrect you character without a priest or a res rune. If you don't have either of those, dead is dead Razz

Regardless of which class you are running, a good website to know about that will help you in quests and grinding is shaiya.cassdodge.com. This site contains area and dungeon maps and provides the location of mobs on each of the maps, spawn times for bosses, and monster levels compared to your character's level.

So once again welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time on Shaiya. If you have any questions in game most players will be more than happy to help you out. Also, you can ask for a GS (Game Sage) and they will gladly assist you. Very Happy  

Thank you very much for the helpful information. I have taken your advice and I am going to start a hard mode character. I would also like to ask if there is a place where I can see all of the in-game commands and how to add some one as a friend in game and stuff like that?

fireyangel020

Rank 0
PostedAug 01, 2012 2:25 pm
xybolt wrote:
quigzby wrote:
Just one word of advice....the "girls" aren't necessarily "girls" Rolling Eyes This is after all, a roll-playing game. Very Happy  

lol'd  

The "guys" aren't necessarily "guys" either!!! Wink