shiftyzro

Rank 0
PostedFeb 18, 2013 10:49 pm
^lol pretty much, i mean when they have an idea it's usually is like a few weeks before they actually start up beta but no company give an estimate cause there so many things that can prolong or shorten the process. and there's always that group of ppl who will start raging when things dont come out when they were told and that's just unneeded pressure to make the game a great as it can possibly be
Advertisement

Dolerio

Rank 0
PostedFeb 19, 2013 5:44 am
It's the good old 'bait and switch' idea Wink Razz

To be fair though, it's been several months of "soon" now, all the while saying they're ahead of time as far as plans go.. Personally I would, at this point, be more than content with an estimate as rough as "before next winter" ^^

greatestgenius

Rank 0
PostedFeb 19, 2013 7:03 am
Dolerio wrote:

To be fair though, it's been several months of "soon" now, all the while saying they're ahead of time as far as plans go.. Personally I would, at this point, be more than content with an estimate as rough as "before next winter" ^^  

See... you don't know in what context they mean soon... Do they mean soon for a 10 year cycle that could be in the next year or two in that case... but anyhow, it hasn't been several months of soon for CBT since it's only been like a month since Alpha ended so quit trying to be overly melodramatic.

DarkHarlequinn7

Rank 0
DarkHarlequinn7
PostedFeb 19, 2013 11:32 am
Dolerio wrote:

And I am sure they will be happy to give such an estimate when they actually have that estimate. But they don't, so they won't. And in any case if they DID have an estimate for what kind of deluded conspiracy of a reason would they keep it a secret? It's obvious that, if they are keeping it to themselves, it's definitely not generating a good reaction from people, even generating a bad reaction in some cases.

But imagine how much worse it would be if they gave you an estimate, lets say they said it would be out sometimes during the Spring of this year. Hooray everybody cheers, then Spring rolls around and they aren't ready. They scramble but they can't get it done, they have to push the date back. Even though it was just an "estimate" you know that the majority of the gamer-base is gonna hold that to them and is gonna be disappointed when its not out when they gave an estimated time. This game is already toeing the limits when it comes to what is acceptable in the mainstream gaming community, it doesn't need the bad press of not keeping its release promises on top of that.

spookmgg

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
spookmgg
PostedFeb 19, 2013 12:08 pm
As of today, 19 Feb, it has actually been only 13 days since Alpha ended on the 6th of Feb. Relax people, Rome wasn't built in a day. Or was it? How the heck would I know how long it took to build Rome. Um....

Dolerio

Rank 0
PostedFeb 19, 2013 12:50 pm
DarkHarlequinn7 wrote:
Dolerio wrote:

And I am sure they will be happy to give such an estimate when they actually have that estimate. But they don't, so they won't. And in any case if they DID have an estimate for what kind of deluded conspiracy of a reason would they keep it a secret? It's obvious that, if they are keeping it to themselves, it's definitely not generating a good reaction from people, even generating a bad reaction in some cases.

But imagine how much worse it would be if they gave you an estimate, lets say they said it would be out sometimes during the Spring of this year. Hooray everybody cheers, then Spring rolls around and they aren't ready. They scramble but they can't get it done, they have to push the date back. Even though it was just an "estimate" you know that the majority of the gamer-base is gonna hold that to them and is gonna be disappointed when its not out when they gave an estimated time. This game is already toeing the limits when it comes to what is acceptable in the mainstream gaming community, it doesn't need the bad press of not keeping its release promises on top of that.  

No need to be so over-serious, feel the post, see the smileys, take a deep breath Smile

hunter_786

Rank 0
hunter_786
PostedFeb 19, 2013 2:50 pm
signed up Smile

Siquanz

Rank 0
Siquanz
PostedFeb 19, 2013 8:40 pm
Signed Up
Let me in ><
I dont want only play TERA...Dat game is so hardcore commercials i lost all motivation...
Now i want to check SB out Very Happy

Achilles_Xenno

Rank 0
PostedFeb 20, 2013 8:39 am

pick me pick me

signed up

alanladd

Rank 0
PostedFeb 20, 2013 9:34 am
game looks awesome, signde up!