Author Message

CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
Joined
03 Aug 2011
Posts
3001
Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina
PostedNov 05, 2012 4:08 pm
qawsar wrote:
CookinDanger wrote:
What about server rankings to keep it competitive. This doesn't have to be only PvP.
Best slayer - players gather points by slaying normal monsters. if a monster is same level as you you get 5 points. Level below you = 4, If you're 2 levels higher you get 3.
Every week top 10 players should get rewards, maybe some AP items for first 5, and for others any rare in game item. Or a box which may contain a pet. Or purple armor piece. Or item required to craft purple armor.  


I like this idea, EE has a similar system, maybe for best crafting class level, or rather most crafted items, or maybe most purple sets crafted too!  


It would make the game competitive even for those who don't like PvP.

Advertisement

ian9002001

Rank 0
Joined
14 Oct 2012
Posts
11
Location
United States
PostedNov 05, 2012 7:23 pm
There could also be special titles as well given for certain things done in the world. IE: Exploring a place nobody would normally go. When registered in... let's say, "Title Index" it gives a permanent stat boost (albiet small.) it accumulates of course, so more titles = better stats from it. The titles would have to be moderately hard to get of course. GMs could host events where the community could name said titles based on what is to be done.

For instance, getting somewhere underwater without drowning (IE: if a specific area had the breath meter) would be called "Expert Swimmer." Or something creative like "Merfolkborn"

You could also create special areas just for this purpose alone, IE: DotNuri from LaTale. In Lime, you could have like, monsters that do no damage, but have huge knock back on your character (and a chance to cancel.) Instead of said monsters being normally modeled like Lime Odyssey monsters, they could be more... Nintendo 64 styled (as well as the landscape), and have a retro theme playing in the background.

Chaotix453

Rank 1
Chaotix453
Joined
02 Feb 2011
Posts
269
Location
North shore city New Zealand
PostedNov 06, 2012 1:16 am
Game isn't out yet, and we're discussing the endgame?

Ishiggydiggy

ian9002001

Rank 0
Joined
14 Oct 2012
Posts
11
Location
United States
PostedNov 06, 2012 4:18 am
Chaotix453 wrote:
Game isn't out yet, and we're discussing the endgame?

Ishiggydiggy  


As I said, it doesn't have to be "END" Game content, but content accessible at any level at any time, in case one were to hit any of the level caps during the life of the game, or if they simply wanted to have more stats.

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
Joined
23 Jul 2012
Posts
487
Location
Michigan, United States
PostedNov 06, 2012 6:35 pm   Last edited by xSerenitas on Nov 06, 2012 6:53 pm. Edited 1 time in total
ian9002001 wrote:
There could also be special titles as well given for certain things done in the world. IE: Exploring a place nobody would normally go. When registered in... let's say, "Title Index" it gives a permanent stat boost (albiet small.) it accumulates of course, so more titles = better stats from it. The titles would have to be moderately hard to get of course. GMs could host events where the community could name said titles based on what is to be done.

For instance, getting somewhere underwater without drowning (IE: if a specific area had the breath meter) would be called "Expert Swimmer." Or something creative like "Merfolkborn"

You could also create special areas just for this purpose alone, IE: DotNuri from LaTale. In Lime, you could have like, monsters that do no damage, but have huge knock back on your character (and a chance to cancel.) Instead of said monsters being normally modeled like Lime Odyssey monsters, they could be more... Nintendo 64 styled (as well as the landscape), and have a retro theme playing in the background.  



Oh god, DotNuri. I remember constantly raging at my computer screen while attempting to finish it. Those were the days. xD

All I'll say to this idea is that if Cykan does implement something like this, then they better give us a hammer or something to stun mobs with. Otherwise it'll be LT's version all over again. xD

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
Joined
03 Apr 2007
Posts
3609
Location
NYC United States
PostedNov 06, 2012 6:47 pm
I want custom event titles..
You know how maplestory has jump events (or they used to)
Where you platform and jump and race other people.. that's fun! D:

If it's possible to do something similiar (not a jump event lol, wouldn't make much sense) and give out custom title's that only 1 person can get or a couple of people, it would be amazing!

Or monthly titles, if you win some amazing event that occurs every month (this makes me think of the Grand Magic Games in Fairy Tail xD) you get a title that lasts for a month~

ian9002001

Rank 0
Joined
14 Oct 2012
Posts
11
Location
United States
PostedNov 08, 2012 8:44 am
xSerenitas wrote:
Oh god, DotNuri. I remember constantly raging at my computer screen while attempting to finish it. Those were the days. xD

All I'll say to this idea is that if Cykan does implement something like this, then they better give us a hammer or something to stun mobs with. Otherwise it'll be LT's version all over again. xD
 


You mean... THIS hammer? ;P



As for jumping stuff... iirc, there are some dungeons that have bottomless pits.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
Joined
03 Apr 2007
Posts
3609
Location
NYC United States
PostedNov 08, 2012 8:58 am
Dotnuri isn't the same of you use that..
I actually enjoyed Dotnuri even if it made me rage a lot, it's really fun to do with friends xD so I'd do it a lot :3

yara4ever

Rank 0
yara4ever
Joined
23 Mar 2008
Posts
55
Location
Netherlands
PostedNov 08, 2012 12:41 pm
Oh god, I always got stuck with Dotnuri XD
I never wanted to use cheats or walkthroughs so eventually I got so frustrated that I wouldn't play it anymore Razz

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
Joined
23 Jul 2012
Posts
487
Location
Michigan, United States
PostedNov 08, 2012 2:53 pm
ian9002001 wrote:
You mean... THIS hammer? ;P



As for jumping stuff... iirc, there are some dungeons that have bottomless pits.  



Yes! That's the hammer we were missing for so long, lol. Anyways, I think a DotNuri-style instance would be pretty neat. c:
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: