ian9002001

Rank 0
PostedNov 01, 2012 12:20 am

Replay Value Suggestion(s)

I know it's a bit early to think of end-game things to do. But it would be nice to know what people think for end-game replay-ability, whether it be waiting for a new level cap, or the game is at the final level cap.

For instance, in a game previously hosted by Aeria (IE: LaTale) there were special cards that were dropped by certain monsters, Clicking on these monster cards would have a chance to activate a permanent statistical boost to your character.

I'm not saying that it be cards specifically (since Lime Odyssey already has a monster card system) but it could be more of LaTale's Item Codex, where you have a very low chance to activate a permanent boost to a statistic by turning in loads of misc. items that monsters drop (in the case of Lime Odyssey, grey-named items.)

This is just one thing to take note of in terms of replay-ability. I am wondering what others may be thinking about for this.
Advertisement

CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
PostedNov 01, 2012 9:08 am
tbh i dont care about replaying until i play

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedNov 01, 2012 10:04 am
Replay value hmm...
I think I'll decide on something once I've done everything in the game, considering the Dev team's speed in developing stuff, I'm afraid I won't have a chance to do absolutely everything before there is another content update.

But maybe.. catch all the pets (Both trade and battle class)? Get a purple set (trust me this will take awhile), just those 2 alone will probably have you going around for a very long time, and that's just a small part of the game xD

Zelxski

Rank 1
Zelxski
PostedNov 01, 2012 11:07 am
Hmm, I tend to always find something to do. Even when you've got nothing better to do b/c the game hasn't updated yet, there are still so many things I find in terms of helping the community. I sometimes just go grab a bunch of newbies & help them out or direct all my attention to the building up of the guild.

Being at the lvl cap and trying to collect those stat boost might keep some ppl playing as well. Add what Blue said about collecting all of those purple armors, and this might boost replay value. Lets not forget that the armors may be enhanceable, so ppl after collecting all the armor still may want to enhance them.

Not everyone likes pets, but if they do, raising and lvling pets will probably keep them busy.

If they are one of those ppl who try to excel at everything in the game... then they should be busy enough for quite sometime I think.

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedNov 01, 2012 1:20 pm
Zelxski wrote:
Hmm, I tend to always find something to do. Even when you've got nothing better to do b/c the game hasn't updated yet, there are still so many things I find in terms of helping the community. I sometimes just go grab a bunch of newbies & help them out or direct all my attention to the building up of the guild.

Being at the lvl cap and trying to collect those stat boost might keep some ppl playing as well. Add what Blue said about collecting all of those purple armors, and this might boost replay value. Lets not forget that the armors may be enhanceable, so ppl after collecting all the armor still may want to enhance them.

Not everyone likes pets, but if they do, raising and lvling pets will probably keep them busy.

If they are one of those ppl who try to excel at everything in the game... then they should be busy enough for quite sometime I think.  

I was thinking this as well. Collecting things sounds like fun! c:

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedNov 01, 2012 1:58 pm
Almost forgot, gotta get all those amazing fashions off collecting! :3
And jewelry Very Happy

Zelxski

Rank 1
Zelxski
PostedNov 01, 2012 3:24 pm
Of course! I always have the walk around outfit, the I'm all-powerful outfit, the I'm attending someones wedding outfit, the I'm blending in with newbies outfit, the we don't have a tanker and need you to substitute outfit, the merchant outfit, the I'm trying to sell this by wearing it outfit, list goes on and on. lol

ColdB26

Rank 2
ColdB26
PostedNov 02, 2012 10:35 pm
This is the criteria I use for my favorite games, Replay Value.
And my idea is pretty simple, the possibility to use the cards in another way: A Trading Card Game! With ranks and tournaments where prizes could actually be rare equipments. o/

Flying pigs took my signature away~

CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
PostedNov 03, 2012 1:17 am
What about server rankings to keep it competitive. This doesn't have to be only PvP.
Best slayer - players gather points by slaying normal monsters. if a monster is same level as you you get 5 points. Level below you = 4, If you're 2 levels higher you get 3.
Every week top 10 players should get rewards, maybe some AP items for first 5, and for others any rare in game item. Or a box which may contain a pet. Or purple armor piece. Or item required to craft purple armor.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedNov 03, 2012 6:37 am
CookinDanger wrote:
What about server rankings to keep it competitive. This doesn't have to be only PvP.
Best slayer - players gather points by slaying normal monsters. if a monster is same level as you you get 5 points. Level below you = 4, If you're 2 levels higher you get 3.
Every week top 10 players should get rewards, maybe some AP items for first 5, and for others any rare in game item. Or a box which may contain a pet. Or purple armor piece. Or item required to craft purple armor.  

I like this idea, EE has a similar system, maybe for best crafting class level, or rather most crafted items, or maybe most purple sets crafted too!