iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedNov 08, 2012 1:54 pm
lingu023 wrote:
iDerz wrote:
If you saw the Sentinels, you'd be screaming for censorship on them as well.

However, there is another thread for that discussion.  

I have no intention of continuing this derail track of censorship. But I must point out that it is very arrogant of you to assume a random person into Asian games viewing the Sentinel would ask for censorship.

Tera had for example polls on and off, and every single time, the same result. 80% against censorship. And the people who dared show the original art to friends and family, always got the same answers. "Silly to censor it. It is just a game. If it had been real girls then sure but..."

Truth is, and we should be happy about it, that most people view games as games. Your little child can run around naked, drive a car, kill trolls, everything a real child can not.

And if I feel forced to reply to someone again about this censorship business in this thread, I'm going to talk about broccoli. Because usually people don't mind broccoli derails as much.  

Oi! I like Asian games and I didn't know how every class looked. When I saw the Sentinels, I thought "Censor plz <3".
Also, stop comparing Tera to Scarlet Blade. I get they are Korean MMOs, but that's like saying every fat person is the same. They aren't.
I view this game as a game, but I also don't want to see little virtual children running around nude.
It's rather arrogant of yourself to assume that I'm not into Asian games or that I don't view this game as a game. Razz
So, as said, there is a thread for this talk.

Advertisement

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedNov 08, 2012 3:04 pm
I think you misunderstood. I didn't say you are not into Asian games, I said that if you picked a random person on an Asian game forum (like this one), it is not a given they'd too think "Censor plz <3". There is no hive mind here, we are all individuals.

I'll hold the broccoli talk since my last post confused you, and I think broccoli would confuse you even further.

PS. As all my previous posts say, I fully support that you get your censored version. I'm just sad that you can't wish me the same with my original version. Don't you care about others in real life, but you value your virtual children?

miagatameskulo

Rank 1
miagatameskulo
PostedNov 25, 2012 11:45 am
i dont like very the Sentinel... Sad

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedNov 25, 2012 6:17 pm
miagatameskulo wrote:

First off: miagata, I understand that you have your own opinions about Sentinel, but PLEASE refrain from necro-posting. There isn't really a need to bring back a thread that hasn't had a response in two weeks unless it's REALLY important.

Second: I'm starting to get a little annoyed about all these arguments about the censoring that will occur to the Sentinel class. Seriously, you're all acting like a bunch of 5-year-old children arguing over a single toy train. In my opinion, I wouldn't care that much if a game was censored or not, but I believe, in order to avoid legal issues, the Sentinel should have the changes done. Be THANKFUL that it's being done. Otherwise, the game probably wouldn't have had a chance of coming here AT ALL! I can only think of a couple here who wouldn't play as Sentinel whether it was censored or not anyway.

So, either you can stop whining and take the censoring like men(women), or GTFO! Thank you for your time.

Dynasty Warriors Online (retired): Chronos.JX1; Chariot General | Grand Fantasia: HeroChronos>Berserker (will update server when I play again) | Aura Kingdom: Chronos Notashi; Ravager/Grenadier; Chimera server

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 25, 2012 6:26 pm
chronos_notashi wrote:
miagatameskulo wrote:

First off: miagata, I understand that you have your own opinions about Sentinel, but PLEASE refrain from necro-posting. There isn't really a need to bring back a thread that hasn't had a response in two weeks unless it's REALLY important.

Second: I'm starting to get a little annoyed about all these arguments about the censoring that will occur to the Sentinel class. Seriously, you're all acting like a bunch of 5-year-old children arguing over a single toy train. In my opinion, I wouldn't care that much if a game was censored or not, but I believe, in order to avoid legal issues, the Sentinel should have the changes done. Be THANKFUL that it's being done. Otherwise, the game probably wouldn't have had a chance of coming here AT ALL! I can only think of a couple here who wouldn't play as Sentinel whether it was censored or not anyway.

So, either you can stop whining and take the censoring like men(women), or GTFO! Thank you for your time.  

How to start a debate without trying to start a debate 101.

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedNov 25, 2012 6:41 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
chronos_notashi wrote:
miagatameskulo wrote:

How to start a debate without trying to start a debate 101.  

Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to keep the war going. I just felt that I needed to express my complaints about the arguments. Seriously, how long have we been going at each other because of one small change? There is something that's called the LAW, which regulates what we can and can't have in games and media, and uncensored child game models is one of those things that we can't have in North America.

Lady_Toorima

Rank 5
Lady_Toorima
PostedNov 25, 2012 6:47 pm
chronos_notashi wrote:
miagatameskulo wrote:

...please show where they complained about the censorship of Sentinel....they probably didn't even know it was going to be censored yet....they simply remarked upon the fact that they don't like the character much.

Also, I know we deal with a lot of trolls that necro threads back in the DWO community forum, but it's not really a necro till it's over a month old with no reply. 2 weeks is nothing.

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedNov 25, 2012 6:55 pm
Lady_Toorima wrote:
chronos_notashi wrote:
miagatameskulo wrote:

...please show where they complained about the censorship of Sentinel....they probably didn't even know it was going to be censored yet....they simply remarked upon the fact that they don't like the character much.

Also, I know we deal with a lot of trolls that necro threads back in the DWO community forum, but it's not really a necro till it's over a month old with no reply. 2 weeks is nothing.

Note to self: Ask Toorima before declaring necro-post.

Also, I never said that they complained before the censorship was announced. In fact, I'm not even sure. Just saying that the complaining AFTER the announcement is starting to get a LITTLE out of hand. Then again, complaints on forums (especially the DWO ones) usually do get out of hand, so I should know better than to dump oil on a flame.

Dynasty Warriors Online (retired): Chronos.JX1; Chariot General | Grand Fantasia: HeroChronos>Berserker (will update server when I play again) | Aura Kingdom: Chronos Notashi; Ravager/Grenadier; Chimera server

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 25, 2012 6:58 pm
chronos_notashi wrote:
Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to keep the war going. I just felt that I needed to express my complaints about the arguments. Seriously, how long have we been going at each other because of one small change? There is something that's called the LAW, which regulates what we can and can't have in games and media, and uncensored child game models is one of those things that we can't have in North America.  

So, what you're saying is you felt the need to express your opinion on how you're annoyed at people expressing their opinions.

HMMM

Lady_Toorima

Rank 5
Lady_Toorima
PostedNov 25, 2012 7:06 pm
chronos_notashi wrote:

Note to self: Ask Toorima before declaring necro-post.

Also, I never said that they complained before the censorship was announced. In fact, I'm not even sure. Just saying that the complaining AFTER the announcement is starting to get a LITTLE out of hand. Then again, complaints on forums (especially the DWO ones) usually do get out of hand, so I should know better than to dump oil on a flame.  

The problem with that is that you quoted the person who said 1 sentence making it seem that you were targeting that one person.