HongChina

Rank 0
HongChina
PostedNov 07, 2012 1:59 pm
The topic has been discussed to death already, and there's a thread for it in the forum. There's no need to be throwing it in other threads as well

Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 07, 2012 2:07 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
As i said before, instead of censorship, a player enabled self censorship option (in game settings) would be an easy fix, that imo would also be an easy patch/edit, that would both protect the game, and encourage players who are not "ok" with the amount of nudity this game has, to try it out and even perhaps stay and pay.

An example: Shaiya doesnt have nudity, but it does have an option within the game to turn helmets, capes, and effects on and off. The same principal could probably be applied to SB's clothing, except in this case, the graphics change would be increasing clothing.

I think the game's sales could easily see a doubling in interest if this option was enabled.  

I suggested this same feature awhile ago in the QB thread that was started prior to SB's announcement when they were seeking input on censoring. It would require a decent amount of work on Liveplex's part so they most likely would not be fond of the idea - or so it was said.

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedNov 07, 2012 2:13 pm
HongChina wrote:
The topic has been discussed to death already, and there's a thread for it in the forum. There's no need to be throwing it in other threads as well  

It is just to be expected. Every single game that made the poor decision of censorship end up with censorship talk all over the forums.

The solution is what I've already said before. You sticky a thread claiming that you accept people to use the Korean models and that the censorship is just for those who want it censored. Doing that efficiently cuts down on the complaints by 99%.

Or you can do the Tera strategy. Do nothing, get 10 000 posts on the subject, and lock 2 threads per day. I think it is a terrible waste of moderation time when one sticky does the job better.

lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedNov 07, 2012 2:18 pm
lingu023 wrote:
It is just to be expected. Every single game that made the poor decision of censorship end up with censorship talk all over the forums.

The solution is what I've already said before. You sticky a thread claiming that you accept people to use the Korean models and that the censorship is just for those who want it censored. Doing that efficiently cuts down on the complaints by 99%.

Or you can do the Tera strategy. Do nothing, get 10 000 posts on the subject, and lock 2 threads per day. I think it is a terrible waste of moderation time when one sticky does the job better.  

Or people can just accept that some censorship has to happen in order for the game to be able to appeal to a wide market of people in America/worldwide.

But what do I know Wink

Regardless, as was already stated, there is a separate thread arguing the topic of censorship to death. Please keep discussions about this topic there and don't drag it in to every topic here on the Scarlet Blade forums.

Thank you!~ :3

valeman2

Rank 3
valeman2
PostedNov 07, 2012 6:00 pm
Thread not same any of yours since you trashed now is going get removed.

ASF Corporal Valeman2 SUPPORT DOUBLE EXP/SP Improvement Plan x2 EXP/SP Weekends 3 times every week and every month http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=2119617

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedNov 07, 2012 8:13 pm
lestat_anil wrote:
lingu023 wrote:

Or people can just accept that some censorship has to happen in order for the game to be able to appeal to a wide market of people in America/worldwide.

But what do I know Wink

Regardless, as was already stated, there is a separate thread arguing the topic of censorship to death. Please keep discussions about this topic there and don't drag it in to every topic here on the Scarlet Blade forums.

Thank you!~ :3  

There is a difference between blanket censorship and a player-individual setting though. From what I've seen, the topic of a setting has hardly been discussed at all, except by 2 people. Other than that, it's pretty much people either saying nothing needs changed at all (which results in this being a very small "niche" game compared to what it could be) or saying that censorship needs to occur (which would result in the loss of the game's uniqueness, also making its population and player opinion smaller).

An option that makes everyone happy tends to multiply income, and the gains this early in its development, would reflect in its entire lifespan, which almost absolutely would make LivePlex's investment worth it.

A solution that only makes "one niche" happy, will always drastically reduce income.

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedNov 07, 2012 9:35 pm
If you saw the Sentinels, you'd be screaming for censorship on them as well.

However, there is another thread for that discussion.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedNov 07, 2012 9:51 pm
..What exactly is this thread's topic? o_O

synexxus226

Rank 0
synexxus226
PostedNov 08, 2012 1:06 am
it is forum rules and regs kitten not QQ about stuff section

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedNov 08, 2012 11:39 am
iDerz wrote:
If you saw the Sentinels, you'd be screaming for censorship on them as well.

However, there is another thread for that discussion.  

I have no intention of continuing this derail track of censorship. But I must point out that it is very arrogant of you to assume a random person into Asian games viewing the Sentinel would ask for censorship.

Tera had for example polls on and off, and every single time, the same result. 80% against censorship. And the people who dared show the original art to friends and family, always got the same answers. "Silly to censor it. It is just a game. If it had been real girls then sure but..."

Truth is, and we should be happy about it, that most people view games as games. Your little child can run around naked, drive a car, kill trolls, everything a real child can not.

And if I feel forced to reply to someone again about this censorship business in this thread, I'm going to talk about broccoli. Because usually people don't mind broccoli derails as much.