terminotor23

Rank 2
terminotor23
PostedOct 30, 2012 1:14 am

Sprite island Feature

read on.
i was thinking about how we have the "islanders" on our islands.. and then thought wouldn't it be cool if we could have mobs on your islands? like .. we can enter some kind of interface were we can place mob spawn points.. of any type...

also to turn it into some kind of gold sink it could cost gold to place spawn points as well as new points.. and the amount of gold it requires could differ based on mob type... and the levels of the mobs that spawn could be increased as well (costing more gold to do so) ...

also if you placed enough mobs of a certain kind you could place a boss mob as well.... i honestly think this would be cool.. like you could have an island of jelly rabbits .. or an island of undead creatures.. or an island with a walking forest >.>

the mobs themselves could drop what the islanders drop and the owner of the island could also choose to make it if the mobs attack on sight or not.. the mobs could also give exp but not to much for obvious reasons.. and as an extra bit of fun the owner of the island could make custom quests (obviously a kill a certain amount of xx monster) not sure how it'd exactly work but.. anyway what do you guys think? sounds good? bad? meh?

if they did implement this how would you react?

hopefully they do add something like this that way islands can be more unique haha.

Advertisement

angel_sarah

Rank 0
angel_sarah
PostedOct 30, 2012 2:00 am

my toughts
I like the idea. It seems like a fun way to sink gold.
But, you'd need to think of an efective way to prevent exploiters from useing it to farm xp/drops. Something such as removeing the xp and loot from these summoned monsters could do that perhaps.

Spirit_Shadows

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Spirit_Shadows
PostedOct 30, 2012 2:47 am
Custom quests would be great for player events.
Would also be cool if you could choose what mobs appear on your island.

FreeFallen

Rank 0
FreeFallen
PostedOct 30, 2012 3:36 am
Jelly Rabbits ei c: then there should be those different kinds of it and also the colors ei *o*

turtle2257

Rank 3
turtle2257
PostedOct 30, 2012 8:47 am
Hellfire jelly beasts

NaraEnkidu

Rank 0
PostedJan 21, 2013 2:47 pm
i like this idea a lot.... might be difficult to implement all this stuffs, but the idea itself sounds quiet nice =P

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedJan 22, 2013 12:49 am
Love the idea. Hope you don't mind if I put out my thoughts on pushing your idea a bit further.

Basically add a dungeon entrance onto your island. For rewards perhaps there could be some form of island currency used to spruce up your own island in various ways. To prevent exploitation (though the entire game is about exploiting what areas you can) you can encourage people to make stronger dungeons by rewarding the victory of the dungeons over the players and make the only way to get the rewards for completing the dungeons come from challenging a "random" dungeon. You can still take on specific dungeons, but won't get rewards for doing so, or at least have the reward significantly reduced. Also, the dungeons would need rankings depending on both their level and dificulty, possibly by using the lvl number and equipment colors with white for easy and yellow for toughest.

Keep the monsters outside of the dungeon (on the island), but it's likely a good idea to keep them all yellow. Otherwise you're practically making a lvl limit on your island. There is a way around this which imo the mere mention belongs as a seperate post in the idea section. Make islands have a set level. If you go on the island, you are now that level. As the game is so significantly gear based, the stats of gear would have to be changed as well. Adding this to the dungeon idea would also significantly increase the ammount of dungeons people could go to.

Just my 2 cents. Great idea.

"Radical Edward's profile is a seven foot tall ex-basketball pro Hindu guru drag-queen alien." ―Jet Black

terminotor23

Rank 2
terminotor23
PostedFeb 19, 2013 4:49 pm
wow its great to see this got people actually commenting on it.. i gave up checking back after awhile lol.. but @ kury that would be epic if only they would implement this D: (prolly wont happen ever)