lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedMar 24, 2013 10:50 am
who_me007 wrote:
ok so coming from another MMO where scamming is considered normal and expected. contract and trade scams being the norm and weeding out the stupid from the smart.

Am i allowed to say fe say i'm selling an awesome blue set of shoes say and then put a green set in trade. If the mark doesn't realise and gives me my gold will there be repurcussions against my account or is it just buyer beware like irl?

I read through the TOS and the user conduct and this is not mentioned at all.

This clarification would be nice for both sides of the scam Razz

FYI it's for in Scarlet Blade  

I believe scamming is treated on a case by case basis in regards to consequences for doing so. The player that was scammed is certainly within their rights to report the person that scammed them, however, regardless of whether it was their error or not.

Thankfully in Scarlet Blade the equipment icons are different colors depending on the grade (magic, rare, unique) of the item, so this helps to prevent the possibility of trade scamming.
Advertisement

tswericreed

Rank 0
tswericreed
PostedMar 25, 2013 1:56 am

Not Gold, but Item giving in CB

why is it important that we don't give away to someone in Closed Beta, It's called generousity.
Scamming during the game in Open Beta makes since not to give away item, gold or anything that is yours. But during Closed Beta when you're item going to be wiped, why not give away what you don't need and someone else does. A scam is more about giving to person until you have nothing, right? I've been money scammed so I know what I'm talking about. Of course I wouldn't buy gold with cash or give account username and password. It's common sense, if we are getting wiiped with characters, gold, in-game items and more...than why not give away the set of whipper gear other character, I don't need it. It's greedy to sell something got from mobs. I understand the Founder Packs are paid with AP or money itself. So I wouldn't ask for a seal remover or skill reset code. But in-game item during CB that a different story.

Gazzprom

Rank 0
PostedMar 25, 2013 7:27 pm
People still getting scammed? Uninformed peasants, it's ridiculous...

Yinepuhotep

Rank 0
Yinepuhotep
PostedMar 29, 2013 11:17 am
Good to know that the terms are so clear. So... along with the other things that will hopefully be fixed before the game goes live, will there be a way to readily report gold scammers? Most other games I play in include a Block/Report button either in the chat menu or on the pop-up you get when you right-click on a name in the chat window, so that you can report the gold scammer without having to go through twenty steps to get to the customer service page, click on a drop-down, select an item from a menu, copy the scammer's name from the game to the web site, etc., etc., etc.

PVP: an excuse used for the violation of Wheaton's Law by people who aren't able to get through the day otherwise.

IHTP

Rank 2
IHTP
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:37 pm
Then ban it and the accounts that do it really quite simple

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedMar 30, 2013 2:52 pm
who_me007 wrote:
ok so coming from another MMO where scamming is considered normal and expected. contract and trade scams being the norm and weeding out the stupid from the smart.

Am i allowed to say fe say i'm selling an awesome blue set of shoes say and then put a green set in trade. If the mark doesn't realise and gives me my gold will there be repurcussions against my account or is it just buyer beware like irl?

If you get scammed, you will not get the item back.
However, if we catch someone scamming, we will ban their account(s).

who_me007

PostedMar 30, 2013 4:28 pm
Superman0X wrote:
who_me007 wrote:

If you get scammed, you will not get the item back.
However, if we catch someone scamming, we will ban their account(s).  

cool thanks for the clarification.

I made fortunes scamming in other mmo's where it's standard fair, guess i'll have to work hard for my gold in this one Wink

Lunaticcat1

PostedApr 01, 2013 3:01 pm
@ who_me007 . Wel now you actualy amit you a reagulair scammer i say the GM's should take notice of this and just bann all your accounts and HID(hardware Indentivication block).

I hate scammers / botters / game hackers / and idiots that admit on a forum they actualy are scammers and being proud of it.

Sorry if this sound insulting , but frenckly i dond carre people like that have no buisness playing games. Its spoils it for everyone .

So yea GM's block block block and permn block and HID them all , all those who you catch doing this ..

PS: scamming is in Not 1 single game fair or allowed!! thats why its called scamming.

Keep up the good work . ty

Yyore

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
Yyore
PostedApr 01, 2013 3:05 pm
Lunaticcat1 wrote:
@ who_me007 . Wel now you actualy amit you a reagulair scammer i say the GM's should take notice of this and just bann all your accounts and HID(hardware Indentivication block).

I hate scammers / botters / game hackers / and idiots that admit on a forum they actualy are scammers and being proud of it.

Sorry if this sound insulting , but franckly i dond carre people like that have no buisness palying games. Its spoils it for everyone .

So yea GM's block block block and permn block and HID them all , all those who you catch doing this ..

Keep up the good work . ty  

The past is the past; banning him for his mistakes is completely unfair.

Credits to lorddarthmel

Lunaticcat1

PostedApr 01, 2013 3:11 pm
a scammer wil always be a scammer and try wenever he get the chance. if you a honest guy/ girl then you wont scam in the first place . And people who go on a forum and telling proudly that they scam/ scammed . Should be blocked , but thats my oppinion. And who am i ^^ . Embarassed