What type of AVA Merchandise would you like to be able to own?

T-Shirts
32%39 Votes
Coffee Mugs
1%2 Votes
Mousepads
41%49 Votes
Hats & Caps
3%4 Votes
I-Phone Cover
10%12 Votes
Posters
1%2 Votes
Keychains
7%9 Votes
Buttons
1%2 Votes
Total Votes :: 119 Votes

JayAreEmCeeJR

Rank 4
JayAreEmCeeJR
PostedOct 31, 2012 6:40 pm
Why can't they have merchandise like Gaming mice and Headset?
Who the heck is going to have a poster of a game that has failed so much through a few years on their room?
Advertisement

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedNov 02, 2012 11:53 am
I had recently responded to a message on the LC fora, and I thought I'd drop it here too for readers, so here ya go:

Andaro's Thoughts wrote:

hmm well as a thought, Aeria would not actually get any monies, other than very minimal amounts. The company that you would purchase the merchandise through (the previous project for AeriaStudio used CafePress) would (1) Set the Price of the item and (2) receive the majority of the sales. Aeria *might* be able to make some profit off the venture, but the sales amount would have to greatly outweigh the cost of the operation for the project.

My hopes are that if the cost of operations can remain virtually non-existant, or extreme minimal, then perhaps some profit can be made, and hopefully help fund that game for which sales are made, or help add to the General Fund for the main office, there-in helping out overall, with the ending goal to bring some sort of relief to the stress on customer service.

There are other games that would be able to participate in this endeavor, but as for now the poll is standing here in LastChaos and A.V.A, at this point, to gain an understanding of "what type of merchandise" players *might* like to own, *if* it were available to be offered.

Depending on how those polls run, will determine the next set of polls, which would be shaped towards "how much would you pay for X product", in order to help determine a viable candidate for the merchandiser of the service.

All that being good and well, I do not really expect any "fireworks", but I remain optimistic that perhaps the Aeria Studio project could be reopened "in name" if the profit is at least minimal enough to cover the time taken to maintain it with minimal effort, plus perhaps some overhead. And certainly I doubt it would be any "long lasting" venture, since generally once someones made a purchase, they're not likely to buy the same product again. So it mainly becomes a one time "boost" type endeavor. But, once the startup is out of the way, and if there is no "maintenance" costs (i.e. costs to maintain the service), then it can remain in place, and might continue to generate occasional revenue.

Lets say a T-Shirt with an Aeria Logo might run $20, and after a month lets say 500 of them sold, that's a ballpark of $10,000. Being realistic, for a simple Logo of "Aeria Games" across the breast, no licensing fees or paperwork is majorly necessary, so lets chunk out a time&operation cost of about $2,000. So we're left with about $8,000 in revenue to be dispersed wherever is needed most. Might be a server upgrade somewhere, could be an extra GM for a month, could be a charitable donation to a local Shelter or food drive (btw, Aeria helps with those in their neighborhood I've heard) So really anything is possible.

Heck, if it buys the big guys a company cook-out, I'm down.
I'd wear a T-Shirt that said "Aeria Games" on the breast.

In the end, these are what you call Fan Products, and really only we fans will generally want them. My state screws me outta taxes every year, and alot of things suck about the states that we live in, but we goto football games and still have pride in the State we live in. We'll some of us have pride in the game publisher we play at, or perhaps I'm just weird.

It doesn't make me a goober to be a Fan does it? LoL
I've been here for about 5 years now, and we'll, I enjoy Aeria Games, not just LastChaos
xD I certainly wouldn't put up with some of the knuckleheads around here if I didn't lol  

IJJI_FrozenEgg

Rank 2
IJJI_FrozenEgg
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
PostedNov 02, 2012 12:17 pm
andaro =/= goober

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedNov 02, 2012 12:52 pm
wiNx. wrote:
I have an idea.
I'll get SnowShovel to sign the mousepads and we will roll some big business.

Or some SnowShovel action figure.  

But what if I sign the mousepad?

HackerExecute

Rank 0
HackerExecute
PostedNov 04, 2012 10:21 pm
Should be a hoodie option.

Naeng

Rank 3
Naeng
PostedNov 04, 2012 10:57 pm
I prefer key straps not chains k.

eSports Enthusiast

lHentai

Rank 0
lHentai
PostedNov 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: [Poll] Aeria General Merchandise, pt 1

Round 1 in General Feedback
andaro wrote:
This is the first round of polls designed to gather some specific feedback on "Aeria Merchandise" from the AeriaStudio project that was closed several years ago.

Please vote above for your favorite type of Merchandise that you would like to purchase and/or own, or give an alternate merchandise that you would like to be able to acquire.

You may leave additional feedback or commentaries.
Standard Forum Rules apply.  

I run my own T-shirt company from home so if you ever need anyone with Photoshop and T-shirt designing experience just message me!

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedNov 11, 2012 7:03 pm
TheFinalAccBoi wrote:

Something very inappropriate  

This was not appropriate.
I advise you to change your message,
and remember that the forum has etiquette rules,
of which it's use is a privilege,
and privileges can be removed.

consider.ez