tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedNov 01, 2012 2:33 am
It's nothing to freak out over. Very very little is going to be changed, and only on the Sentinel character type.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."
Advertisement

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedNov 01, 2012 5:50 am
tactics wrote:
It's nothing to freak out over. Very very little is going to be changed, and only on the Sentinel character type.  

Thank you! Very Happy

alkor.mask

Rank 0
PostedNov 01, 2012 6:44 am
Hi, I agree with others from topic to let the game nature. Censorship does nothing good or leave the choice to the players

Good luck to Aeria team for this localistion

Wiesior

Rank 1
PostedNov 01, 2012 7:43 am
tactics wrote:

Thx for announcment.

That is really reasonably why this class.
But I herd same statement about other game (different company) where community in final version got ninja censored: removed nipples, smaller breasts and toned down breasts phisics in classes/races what was promised to stay untouched.

I have hope it will not happen with this game.

havox2

Rank 0
havox2
PostedNov 01, 2012 5:34 pm
Hey, why don't you post some comparison screenshots and we'll decide ourselves to freak out or not Smile
Considering how well censoring went down for Enmasse, these forums could liven up quite a bit in the near future. I have the popcorn ready just in case Very Happy

zindanx

Rank 0
PostedNov 01, 2012 5:55 pm
Medic > all. Twisted Evil

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedNov 01, 2012 6:15 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AO26h9etTbw
This video explains very well the "benefits" of censorship.

Also, for the ignorant masses, it is vital to not censor games. You keep giving them the idea that scantily clad little girls is illegal. Just look at this thread how some state Aeria games do it to avoid legal issues. Anyone trying to sue them has the same chance of winning a "there are little girls abused in the game" case as they have of winning "Aeria games killed my mother" cases.

Of course, the less clever humans could attempt to sue over kids, while they wouldn't be dumb enough to sue over their mothers death.

Please do not make America dumber. Leave the game as it is, and "Educate" people that their fear of children is the same as Talibans fear of women. The natural reaction to this fear is covering them up and hiding them, to make sure the world remains pure. But if you stop and think, you'll realize that both women and children can wear anything without the world dying.

PionPixy

Rank 0
PionPixy
PostedNov 01, 2012 6:46 pm
I don't know why this recent censorship in MMO's is occurring, and I think it started with Tera Online (which the game itself was handled horribly, btw).

Non-MMO type games and shows are uncensored, but MMO's get censored for the same clothing styles in the other games and shows.

Yes i'm talking about HyperDimensionMK2, Strike Witches, ect.

Now my question is how are these shows and games are legally licensed in the U.S. uncensored, but the moment a MMO comes along with the same thing on a class or character it gets censored.

Something does not add up here.

It is pretty stupid a mature game isn't allowed to have all the mature elements in it, considering the title is suppose to be M (not T, not E). And other video-games and shows can have the same or similar clothing-styles and also rated M and don't have censors. Yet those games and shows are licensed legally in U.S.

I believe the censoring is apart of a stigma directed unfortunately towards asian-type games and their art-styles, that essentially their not "allowed" to be mature or have mature themes.

Comics have had the same problems throughout the years (if anyone cares to read up on the history of Wonder Woman as a perfect example of how she was nulled down for similar reasons) and most asian-type MMO's are styles derived from graphic novels and artist alike.

The year 2000 has been a year of censorship on Asian games and comics. I hope more and more fans wake up and realize what has been happening to the Asian games, comics, and shows.

I've been playing these manwha styled games for years and I don't want to see all the shows and comics i've come to known and grow-up on die out due to censors.

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedNov 01, 2012 7:23 pm
PionPixy wrote:
<post>  

I don't too much about the details, but those uncensored anime received legal US distribution in for-profit home video sale only. For example, you can buy an uncensored blu ray of Strike Witches or Girls Bravo, but you're not going to see it aired uncensored on Adult Swim or whatever. MMOs can be downloaded by anyone, often for free, and so there may be a legal wall hit with that.

yumiyoyo

Rank 0
PostedNov 01, 2012 8:52 pm
tactics wrote:

Time to tell everyone about this

Thank you for supporting the h ell that is censorship, gg.

You know it.