yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedOct 31, 2012 1:02 pm
In my opinion I doubt they're going to censor anything but that class similar to the one on TERA. :9

Advertisement

havox2

Rank 0
havox2
PostedOct 31, 2012 2:14 pm
Searched around forums, looks like they are in fact planning to censor sentinels.
tactics wrote:
Blackwinganya wrote:
yup thx Razz onto my next question was there a big difference in graphics change when translated too english?  

There will not be any difference in graphics overall. If you're referring to mature content, we are doing our best to preserve as much of the original developer's intent as possible with regard to content and art style.

With that said, currently, we plan to make some small adjustments to the Sentinel class/NPCs. All other classes and NPCs are planned to remain unchanged.  

I don't support censorship in games and if that's the case won't be downloading this game. Sorry, nothing personal, Aeriagames.

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedOct 31, 2012 2:48 pm
havox2 wrote:
Searched around forums, looks like they are in fact planning to censor sentinels.
tactics wrote:
Blackwinganya wrote:
yup thx Razz onto my next question was there a big difference in graphics change when translated too english?  

There will not be any difference in graphics overall. If you're referring to mature content, we are doing our best to preserve as much of the original developer's intent as possible with regard to content and art style.

With that said, currently, we plan to make some small adjustments to the Sentinel class/NPCs. All other classes and NPCs are planned to remain unchanged.  

I don't support censorship in games and if that's the case won't be downloading this game. Sorry, nothing personal, Aeriagames.  

Censorship on the sentinel is likely legally required. The sentinel models are effectively young children, thus nudity and other mature content relating to sentinels could cause a hole slew of legal, moral and publicity issues.

<center></center>

havox2

Rank 0
havox2
PostedOct 31, 2012 3:16 pm
Legally, maybe, America is very prudish even if they're not young children, they're a bunch of pixels.
Not buying the "moral and publicity issues" angle though. There was no issue with TERAs elins but bluehole/enmasse censored them anyway, and Scarlet Blade is much lower profile. And if soccer moms do go into complaining frenzy, no amount of cenorship is going to stop it, sentinels or not.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedOct 31, 2012 3:26 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
havox2 wrote:
tactics wrote:
Blackwinganya wrote:

Censorship on the sentinel is likely legally required. The sentinel models are effectively young children, thus nudity and other mature content relating to sentinels could cause a hole slew of legal, moral and publicity issues.  

Yes, but probably not beyond a few cute pairs of shorts here, and a lengthening of a skirt there. I won't really mind, personally, since it'll allow this game to move forward. But every other character should not be touched at all, since they are all clearly fully grown adults.

Symphonica.

Rank 1
Symphonica.
PostedOct 31, 2012 7:26 pm
I'm fine with any censoring so long as it doesn't look like crap, aka what happened to TERA. But on topic, its probably not going to be censored 'cept for Sentinel.

Es8246D

Rank 0
PostedOct 31, 2012 9:40 pm
go ahead and censor the little girl. but leave the adults alone, yeah? aeria's butt should be safely kept off the fire by a proper legal disclaimer about user age and such in that matter. the usual inital TOS thing about "you certify your age to be 18 or older and if we find out you're lying we can and will terminate your access" should be sufficient.

pervy gamers are people too! Razz
near-nudity and seethrough clothing on adults in an M-rated product is nothing for anyone to get flippy about.

Symphonica.

Rank 1
Symphonica.
PostedOct 31, 2012 10:18 pm
Es8246D wrote:
go ahead and censor the little girl. but leave the adults alone, yeah? aeria's butt should be safely kept off the fire by a proper legal disclaimer about user age and such in that matter. the usual inital TOS thing about "you certify your age to be 18 or older and if we find out you're lying we can and will terminate your access" should be sufficient.

pervy gamers are people too! Razz
near-nudity and seethrough clothing on adults in an M-rated product is nothing for anyone to get flippy about.  
Welcome to the wonderful country of 'Murica.

terracyrax

Rank 2
terracyrax
PostedOct 31, 2012 10:33 pm
they'll probally change the outfit and change the age like what aika online did for the gothic lolita cleric character lol

Apollo20

Rank 0
PostedOct 31, 2012 10:54 pm
Avyn wrote:
I don't think the nudity should really be a concern.

People who download and log onto the game know exactly what they're getting into and there's a very good chance that the nudity is the reason they're checking out the game to begin with. Let's not kid ourselves. Censoring the game would be removing a reasonably large source of the game's appeal.

Just throw a mature content disclaimer on it and let parents parent their own kids. If parents don't want their teenagers to play games with boobs, that's their business, not ours and not Aeria's.

Though anyone who thinks that they can prevent their teenage kids from seeing boobs on the internet is a rather misguided soul.  

As much as I agree. The reality of it isn't all that simple. As far as parents are concerned you practically got 3 basic groups I typically see.

You got your bad parents that pretty much let their children do what they want. These parents really cause no threat towards the game in how its run. Their kids are pretty much free to do what the Hard they want.

Then you got your decent parents. These are the kinds that will see the game their playing and see that its inappropriate and will pull the plug and thats that. She doesn't pose much of a threat to how the games run. She just won't simply let her child play the game. My own mother was like this as I grew up lol. I don't remember how many CDs I've had to return... but thats not the point... moving on.

Now you got your final parent. Probably the best... and the worst of the other two. Why? Because this one actually is a threat to our games. These parents will go out of their way to make sure our game changes and that its deem "appropriate" to their standards.. This is the reason why you see games like TERA change when they come over here to the west, so they don't have to deal with any of them and other groups that might pop out. So basically, they make their child stop playing, but they take it even further to ruin our game through various means.

So there you have it.

I think the only reason it works out in Korea is because they got the whole KSSN system in place that practically verifies the person wanting to play it, though I'm sure there are loopholes, it keeps out most of the under-aged players not allowed to play it. We don't have that kind of system here so anyone and everyone regardless of age and enough intelligence can put in a fake birth of date and play a game. But of course that would be difficult since we're dealing with multiple countries and it wouldn't be a pain to verify all that...

So basically in the natural order of things.. somethings need to change. But realistically... its not as bad as if it would be going so some Arabic area where every character has to be FULLY clothed and not an inch of skin showing. So lets all remember that lol.