Author Message

havox2

Rank 0
havox2
Joined
21 Dec 2011
Posts
27
Location
Latvia
PostedNov 08, 2012 1:45 pm
Zyrein wrote:
For the love of god, please just stop comparing Scarlet Blade to Tera. They are completely different games!  

Tera is a Korean MMO with lots of fanservice which has been involved in censorship controversy involving characters that appear child-like to some when localized for West.
Scarlet Blade is a Korean MMO with lots of fanservice which has been involved in censorship controversy involving characters that appear child-like to some when localized for West.
Yeah, no, no idea why Tera keeps being brought up.
Zyrein wrote:
Scarlet Blade is supposed to be sexualizing stuff, so it makes sense to desexualize a loli that would make people in English communities mad. English speaking, not America, because it isn't just Americans that would be pissed at a child being sexualized. Even if you dont mind there are those who do.  

Polls on the matter in Tera have consistently shown 80+% being opposed to censorship. No such polls have been done on SB, but considering how similar the matter is, the result should also be about same.
Zyrein wrote:
Good for you for fighting for what you believe but don't ignore everyone's argument against yours because you dont like what is being said.  

But has a convincing pro-censorship argument been made in this thread yet?
From a business perspective (earning as much money as possible), it would make sense to ignore censorship(very few people care enough) and spend time adjusting things critical to games longevity, exp rates, drop tables, end game, you know, important stuff.
If it's too late and ugly brown shorts have already been drawn on the Sentinel, it would make sense to at least provide censor toggle so both crowds are pleased.
Zyrein wrote:
TL;DR This subject is beaten to death and doesn't need to be continued.  
Totally, let's talk about the other things on the topic of localisation/changes to our version.....
Nothing besides censorship is known so far on differences in our version.
Advertisement

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
Joined
01 Nov 2012
Posts
574
Location
Sweden
PostedNov 08, 2012 2:42 pm
Zyrein wrote:
For the love of god, please just stop comparing Scarlet Blade to Tera. They are completely different games! Scarlet Blade is supposed to be sexualizing stuff, so it makes sense to desexualize a loli that would make people in English communities mad. English speaking, not America, because it isn't just Americans that would be pissed at a child being sexualized. Even if you dont mind there are those who do. Good for you for fighting for what you believe but don't ignore everyone's argument against yours because you dont like what is being said.

TL;DR This subject is beaten to death and doesn't need to be continued.  


You really got to get some perspective on life. I had gym class and changed with other children. So as a child I saw other naked children (boys), but as an adult you expect me to react with horror and disgust that I see a fictional character with more clothes on than I did as a child?

I'm sorry, I'm rational and logical. I'll be mad if I see someone force children in real life to pose in front of cameras. If I see a girl naked on the beach with their parents, see someone give birth to a new born, or see a game character without clothes, I'll think nothing of it.

But I will again say that I have no problems with you keeping your opinion on this subject and play a censored version. It is just that I do not think your opinions should influence my playing, because I'm not as narrow minded as you and do not want to be treated as such.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8446
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedNov 08, 2012 3:19 pm
havox2 wrote:
Polls on the matter in Tera have consistently shown 80+% being opposed to censorship. No such polls have been done on SB, but considering how similar the matter is, the result should also be about same.  


Keep in mind the facilitation of such a poll would give very askewed results.

1.) who is going to answer that poll? Active players.
2.) Who is not going to answer that poll? Players who left the game because something about the content (in this case nudity) turned them off to the game.

Active players more or less represent people who are happy with the current configuration. Your polls forget everyone else.

From what I recall with Tera, it wasn't even promoted as a mature game. SB differs in that drastically. Players who do not want nudity, will never even begin to play. Thus their input on this game, will never be respresented.

Zyrein

Rank 4
Zyrein
Joined
09 Jan 2008
Posts
2517
Location
Angry box United States
PostedNov 08, 2012 3:22 pm
Right, posting on a phone sucks and it deleted my entire reply.

havox2 - You need to realize that valid arguments have been made on both sides. Unfortunately, instead of finding new and more evidence to support your claim, you all arguing against are just seen as clinging angrily to a simple argument which was for a completely different game. When I say completely game, I mean fanservice in a game versus a game where there is no such thing as 'fanservice' to the point of being able to call it '*** sells; the game'. Surprisingly the cute cartoonish EE has a costume where you can see the underside of the females breasts. Halfkins, children race basically, are humans but short and can wear every costume humans can. What does this mean? Those children females can wear a costume showing parts of nonexistant breasts. With that being said, does that make you think Aeria is a prudish company that would put the sentinel class in full armor costumes that shows no skin at all? No, they are ok with something like that so they probably won't change much at all.

If you are willing to bring in more to support your argument against censorship then we might take you seriously. We can't help but find you illogical after all you use is a poll and one instance when those who don't care eitherway about censorship have brought in several points as to why they are censoring the game, not why they should censor it.


Lingu023 - you seemed to miss the part where I am pointing out that it isnt my feelings towards children, it is what others might think. Once again I will state this; most people here dont care either way. If you have to attack me personally to make your point, then I can no longer take you seriously. I apologize but attacking me for my views is childish when my views weren't stated as such.

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
Joined
23 Mar 2010
Posts
1934
Location
Hell United States
PostedNov 08, 2012 6:56 pm
Honestly, don't censor it. Any of it.

It's a game. It is not child nudity, it's a character. The character specifically is a Loli.

"Lolita and loli has come to be used as a general reference to a seductive or sexually attractive young girl."

If western players are too dense to understand other cultures or these types of terms then there are plenty of other games waiting to be played. I'd feel sorry for anyone to waste so much effort over attempting to flag a game due to a character who is fitting a legitimate description/term because she is portrayed as a younger female when they could be spending such effort else where to influence that subject where things actually matter to society today.

Slap the games front page with a clear "NSFW/Mature Content" warning and be done with it. If someone is uncomfortable with a characters design then that's their problem, it happens many times in games over other things then nudity. Devs don't change character looks because a player base in unhappy with a certain hair style, face, or general character design due to personal taste. Nudity is apart of life, cultures, so on and so forth, thus should not be as an exception.

Lady_Toorima

Rank 5
Lady_Toorima
Joined
14 Feb 2010
Posts
4201
Location
Does it matter? United States
PostedNov 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
Joined
23 Mar 2010
Posts
1934
Location
Hell United States
PostedNov 08, 2012 7:09 pm
So when a group of people state their opinion, and another group of people state an opposing opinion, no one else can state their own opinion because it's been "said"?

No. Kay.

Mark the topic as read and move on to the next one if you don't want to read anymore on the subject.

revan777

Rank 1
revan777
Joined
10 May 2008
Posts
396
Location
Somewhere Canada
PostedNov 08, 2012 7:12 pm
Lady_Toorima wrote:
 

These threads are all useless. We are going around in circles and nothing will change so stop beating a dead horse and live with it. Except Lady_Toorima, you can beat a dead horse XD

havox2

Rank 0
havox2
Joined
21 Dec 2011
Posts
27
Location
Latvia
PostedNov 08, 2012 7:16 pm
Zyrein, I think you're really splitting hairs here. Yes, Tera has slightly less fanservice, but I wouldn't say that makes it completely different. It's still rated M, jiggle physics, chainmail bikinis, all those fanservice cliches.

I scoured all 11 pages twice for pro-censorship arguments, their validity.. is questionable.
Picchuu wrote:
Although if I'm not mistaken, the sentinel class is an actual little girl, so I don't think AGE would have an excuse to not change it. (Unlike with the Elin race in TERA, whose members are in reality almost all over 1000 years old, just created in the image of their goddess's youngest daughter)  

Do I really need to spell it out loud. Anybody with basic grasp on reality should be able to tell neither Elins nor Sentinels are either actual little girls or 1000 years old, they're a bunch of pixels.
LordRapthorne wrote:
Censorship on the sentinel is likely legally required. The sentinel models are effectively young children, thus nudity and other mature content relating to sentinels could cause a hole slew of legal, moral and publicity issues.  

One good argument of the whole thread. Not the legal part (nobody is suing Enmasse for selling Elin swimsuits) or publicity part(nobody cared before, negative press hit Enmasse AFTER censorship) but the moral part. If Aeria accepts to earn less money because it's unable to handle it's insecurities then that's how it is.
lestat_anil wrote:
In regards to your most recent post, they have responded to the people that are crying out against even the smallest amount of censoring. Just because the answer isn't changing to one that you want doesn't mean they aren't listening or even reading what you have to say. It just means that they aren't going in a direction that you are suggesting because they are keeping the game's best interests at heart in this matter.  
Unbased claims that turning away part of playerbase is best interests at heart.
Genjosenpai wrote:
well i finally understand why they going to Censoring the sentinel class because it seems they do get naked which i believe it might make people think its under age girl lol BUT there a easy way to fix this problem just up the boobs size and we are good! *thumbs up*  
If I remove clothes people will start thinking I'm the little girl not the fat mom's basement dweller?! Mind. Blown.

Zyrein wrote:
If you are willing to bring in more to support your argument against censorship then we might take you seriously.  
We? Are you royalty by chance?
I think most good arguments against censorship have already been said over these 11 pages. By now it seems most on this forum are opposed to it. It is going to bring negative attention, reduce income/potential playerbase, and won't mollify soccer moms.

Lady_Toorima wrote:
 

Lady_Toorima

Rank 5
Lady_Toorima
Joined
14 Feb 2010
Posts
4201
Location
Does it matter? United States
PostedNov 08, 2012 7:20 pm
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
So when a group of people state their opinion, and another group of people state an opposing opinion, no one else can state their own opinion because it's been "said"?

No. Kay.

Mark the topic as read and move on to the next one if you don't want to read anymore on the subject.  


You took that way too personally, I wasn't even addressing you. I was actually addressing the same 3-5 people that keep going back and forth.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: