imdiko24

Rank 0
PostedOct 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Slide Casting isn't for everyone?

Slide Casting isn't for everyone?
i just turned 62 and learning how to do Sturm with my engi.

At first i was very frustrated. It was nearly impossible to do a decent run! my engi was already 55 at the time. Everytime i do a "slide cast" it still pauses for a split second for the animation. Done correctly i can still avoid getting hit by any mob, but the margin for error is veeery low. split second too slow and you end up doing the entire cast animation and getting killed.

And then something happened. I tried holding the movement keys WHILE pressing the skill button. and voila it didn't even need to stop for animation. I thought that was true slide casting, and i made 2-3 runs without any deaths.

And then i relogged-in. Poof, the technique no longer works and I've been pausing and dying again. What happened? Is this machine dependent? my pc is crappy and i'm already at my lowest setting. My internet isn't the problem as I'm on 100Mbps. I was really looking forward to some gold and now i'm very frustrated
Advertisement

Rimstock

Rank 0
PostedOct 28, 2012 11:00 pm
Never tried it, my knight and blade dancer can walk through mobs without much worry and i dont use engi but maybe someone who knows more will speak up

newbie18

Rank 0
newbie18
PostedOct 29, 2012 1:23 am
hmm did you turn your settings animation to Low?

i think that is supposed to help a bit or maybe you can try to get more movement speed

Happy Halloween!

imdiko24

Rank 0
PostedOct 29, 2012 2:18 am
yep I've already set all of my settings to the lowest. And also my movement speed is already 30. I've seen other engineers do this with just 20...

sleepingroosje

Rank 4
sleepingroosje
PostedOct 29, 2012 5:32 am
When i kite on engi i always use my mouse to move around and keep clicking while casting that skill. Sometimes yeah you can still see the animation, but your not stuck in it.

I dunno what your movement speed is, but i noticed on my bear alt that im really missing some of the movement speed my main can get, resulting in more hits on my bear and dying way faster. Holy king badge (highlands fame trophy) with attacker lvl 7(this gives extra mov. speed) on it should help (cant say yet if it does, my bear doenst have the fame to equip it yet).

When i farm sturm on bard/hunter/ranger/samurai i do walk away with wasd though.

imdiko24

Rank 0
PostedOct 29, 2012 6:18 pm
Here's some new development. I asked someone with a better PC to try slide casting my character and it worked for him Sad

So perhaps this is kinda machine dependent. I guess every now and then my machine goes in an adrenaline rush and lets me slide cast but most of the time it won't.

liljj1234

Rank 2
liljj1234
PostedOct 30, 2012 7:09 am
Isn't that illegal though >.> You shouldn't say stuff like that up here they'll ban you D;

Where I come from mercy is no exception we take no prisoners and leave no survivors

rsiingphoenix

Rank 0
PostedNov 08, 2012 3:07 pm
In order to be able to cast while still moving, follow these steps:
1. While still outside of the dungeon, cyber up.
2. Without leaving mecha form, get on your mount (it will automatically take you out of mecha).
3. Wait for the CD of cyber up, and without leaving mount, cyber up again(will auto take you off mount once cybered)
4. Now enter the dungeon. This step is very important, if you don't enter a dungeon it won't work.

Tada, now just hold your move keys(preferrably one of the horizontal move keys) and oil bomb away. This'll work as long as you don't lose mecha form, or relog.

Posted By Aeria Mobile