TassadarMajere

Rank 4
TassadarMajere
PostedOct 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Aeria please be honest

Is there a reason that Aeria is deliberately moving or deleting threads?

yesterday a thread started by Sighborg addressing the connection issue during GRB was completely deleted. No information about why it was deleted or any comment.

In that thread, sighborg stated that there was a coding issue that caused people to disconnect.

I asked a clear question. What kind of code only kicks groups of people out of the GMO during heavy load on the server? I never got or saw a reply. 2 pages later, that thread got removed.

I stated that it's time that Aeria stop pinning the blame on the developer and start taking responsiblity. I understand coding quite well.

There is not a code that only kicks certain people out of GRB but allows others, unless written that way. There are no codes that lags players out when the server is under a heavy load, unless its to prevent crashing. There are no codes that only goof during GRB that enable a few selected people to play.

Does Aeria really think people are that gullible? All I request is an honest answer, nothing extereme, a simply, answer like the server is overburden we're working on it. Instead, Aeria blames the problem on Nexon. Nexon didn't do the merger, Nexon don't control the SQL database. Nexon certainly didn't kick player out of the game during GRB.

All this started to happen when the servers got merged. Trolls like me already advised that the merger will cause problem with lag and disconnect. Many of the trolls knew that the lag would happen when too many people are in the same area. Leo blamed the player's for having bad computers. I sort of agree with him to an extend. The problem really manifested itself during GRB and in the AH. Not everyone has a slow computer and poor internet connection.

I myself have a very high end pc with a 30Mb/s connection, this is more than for any MMO. I have never maxed out the limits of my pc with any game on the market. I tried logging into GRB just for the fun of it and it was closed to me. I did try when the server were heavy. I connected but never even made it to the character screen. I did get a time out issue. I did ping aeria and got 0% loss reply.

All this support my statement, that the problem lies in the hardware. Hardware is not under the control of Nexon. Saturation of the server is not under the control of Nexon either.

So next time you try to blame Nexon, have something to back that up. Not all of us are that stupid to believe such a blant lie.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive"

-Sir Walter Scott

Advertisement

ziqo91

Rank 2
ziqo91
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:12 pm
in before lock
+1
1- 'please be honest'
2- Is there a reason that Aeria is deliberately moving or deleting threads?

davedave7

Rank 2
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:14 pm
tracking this one... i mean in b4 lock or deletion Smile

Ninniachel

Rank 3
Ninniachel
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:46 pm
Tracking as well. In before lock

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:54 pm
IBL also

QQBuyApAndPlay

Rank 0
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:59 pm
InB4Lock/delete/move

styfz

Rank 1
styfz
PostedOct 28, 2012 4:36 pm
InB4Lock Very Happy

alwaysbanned3

Rank 2
alwaysbanned3
PostedOct 28, 2012 4:55 pm
lol, I am jumping on this band wagon.... a lot of blaming Nexon (ChoiRock, SonoV) going on here.... I will tell you AGE what I tell my 8yr old....

JUST OWN IT!!! you did something wrong and you need to own up to it and fix it.... I as a potential consumer or current customer would be much more forgiving ......

Nexon may have "ok'd" your plan, but you should have known better.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedOct 28, 2012 5:50 pm
I know I'm going to get slammed for toeing the party line here, but I'm going to have to disagree with a few things (not everything, but a few things).
Firstly, Nexon did the merge, not AGE. Someone from AGE may have kicked the process off, but the process was designed and built by Nexon. The decision for the merge will have been made jointly by Nexon and AGE and probably based on Nexon's recommendations.
Also, while AGE nominally controls the database, Nexon have full administration access to it.

While you are correct that there won't be code that kicks people out of GRB and allows others, it is completely feasible that portions of the code do not handle stress well and cause timeouts and disconnections for some people and not others. It could even cause server crashes.
Optimising those portions of the code that are causing problems certainly is the job of Nexon.

RIP Kizzd

M_Suolaniemi

Rank 4
M_Suolaniemi
PostedOct 28, 2012 7:49 pm
+1
I have Really good PC i never DC not even wile i wait get in GRB normal and i even got in GRB area and then boom i got kick out. When i Got bk in i see 1 guild already wit 11k points in GRB how that can be when server crash or that? i did have lagg but i got in GRB area then i got kick out, whole guild of mine got kick but some ppl could stay in side? cmon!!! My network is 100M/5M i have almost new PC so i can't really blame on my PC my connection over this!