maldini900

Rank 0
PostedOct 28, 2012 10:17 am

Few questions about the game and fighters

Hey all,

I just started this game and had a few questions. Hope you can help.

1) as for the modes, are you able to start with normal mode then switch to hard mode at higher lvls?

2) a lot of people keep saying that fighters at NM should go with 3str,2dex does that mean that their wont be any points that go onto hp?

3) would a 2H weapon be good for a starting fighter?

Thanks
Advertisement

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedOct 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Re: Few questions about the game and fighters

maldini900 wrote:
Hey all,

I just started this game and had a few questions. Hope you can help.

1) as for the modes, are you able to start with normal mode then switch to hard mode at higher lvls?  
A toon is a fixed mode. If you want a toon with a different mode then you need to start a completely new toon.
I would advise starting a HM toon to begin with. It is stronger than an NM toon (though it does take longer to level up). You can only start a UM toon after you reach level 40 in HM.

maldini900 wrote:
2) a lot of people keep saying that fighters at NM should go with 3str,2dex does that mean that their wont be any points that go onto hp?  
All toons get HP/MP/SP automatically every time they level. How much of each you get depends one class and mode:
- HMs get more of each than NMs and UMs get more than HMs
- Defenders get the most HP per level, mages and priests will get the most MP etc

The only thing you can do to directly affect your HP is add rec, but as a fighter you probably won't want rec. Your best defence is killing everything before it has a chance to kill you.
Just for completeness:
- 1 rec adds 1 defence & 5 HP.
- 1 dex adds a bit of evasion, 0.2 attack and 5 SP.
- 1 wis adds 1 resist, 5 MP and a bit of magic evasion.
- 1 str adds 1.3 melee attack and 1 ranged attack.
- 1 int adds 1.3 magic attack.
- 1 luck adds 0.3 ranged attack, 0.2 critical chance, a bit of critical evasion.

maldini900 wrote:
3) would a 2H weapon be good for a starting fighter?

Thanks  
All your main grinding skills are two handed so this is the best choice.
You don't get your big AoE attacks until in your 30s so some people prefer to use dual swords until then, but I think just keep it simple at first.
Spears deal far more damage per hit, but are really slow so your total damage over time is actually lower than a 2 hander (this can be mitigated, but you probably don' tneed that info right now)

RIP Kizzd

maldini900

Rank 0
PostedOct 29, 2012 4:13 pm
that was an awesome answer, thanks alot