Author Message

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
Joined
27 Oct 2008
Posts
342
Location
Massachusetts United States
PostedDec 08, 2012 11:59 pm
I'd like to see a cap on how many times one person can attack any single person in BG. I think 5 is a nice number for that. Sadly there are people in this game who single out individuals in an attempt to make them feel bullied because they know they don't stand a chance in a fight. It's happened to me, I think it's happened to most of us. It takes the fun out of the game and, my opinion, there is no room for bullying in a game. This would eliminate it from Battlegrounds, which is where it happens most, from my experience.
Advertisement

BaeoMasicar

Rank 0
Joined
25 Feb 2011
Posts
6
Location
United States
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:27 am
GodofAcid wrote:
I'd like to see a cap on how many times one person can attack any single person in BG. I think 5 is a nice number for that. Sadly there are people in this game who single out individuals in an attempt to make them feel bullied because they know they don't stand a chance in a fight. It's happened to me, I think it's happened to most of us. It takes the fun out of the game and, my opinion, there is no room for bullying in a game. This would eliminate it from Battlegrounds, which is where it happens most, from my experience.  


BG is war between red and blue, you cant cap it. If you did then what is the point of war?

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
Joined
27 Oct 2008
Posts
342
Location
Massachusetts United States
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:32 am   Last edited by GodofAcid on Dec 09, 2012 1:25 am. Edited 1 time in total
BaeoMasicar wrote:
GodofAcid wrote:
I'd like to see a cap on how many times one person can attack any single person in BG. I think 5 is a nice number for that. Sadly there are people in this game who single out individuals in an attempt to make them feel bullied because they know they don't stand a chance in a fight. It's happened to me, I think it's happened to most of us. It takes the fun out of the game and, my opinion, there is no room for bullying in a game. This would eliminate it from Battlegrounds, which is where it happens most, from my experience.  


BG is war between red and blue, you cant cap it. If you did then what is the point of war?  


Well my opinion is that the point of BG is not to try to single out individuals and pick on them. If you feel differently, it's your right to do so, but that is how I feel. What I'm talking about is people who are attacked by the same individual 5+ times, often every time the two end up on opposite sides of BG. I don't believe that was what BG was designed to be. I don't think anyone should have to feel targeted by a player that has several levels/gear/overall overwhelming advantage on them and feel like they should just have to be killed by that person over and over and "grin and bear it". That's my point and I apologize if it was unclear. Some of the cases I'm referencing from others are ones where they've told me they've been targeted 10+ times in a game by individuals, have been actively sought out by those individuals, I think that defeats the spirit of BG. I know that there's dryad's blessing in this game but sometimes that just doesn't cut it. If you simply cap the number of times one individual can attack another per game, that eliminates the very real problem of people being bullied by others they don't stand a chance against.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
Joined
27 Oct 2008
Posts
342
Location
Massachusetts United States
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:55 am
Also I'd like to pitch the idea of a votekick in BG for AFK people. I feel that if you're not prepared to play, that's your problem, but joining so you can go AFK and collect whatever rewards your team gets at the end of the game when you don't move an inch to participate is not fair. It also only serves to hurt your team when they have less people participating than the opponent.

BaeoMasicar

Rank 0
Joined
25 Feb 2011
Posts
6
Location
United States
PostedDec 09, 2012 7:58 pm
GodofAcid wrote:
Also I'd like to pitch the idea of a votekick in BG for AFK people. I feel that if you're not prepared to play, that's your problem, but joining so you can go AFK and collect whatever rewards your team gets at the end of the game when you don't move an inch to participate is not fair. It also only serves to hurt your team when they have less people participating than the opponent.  



I agree with this one but the previous I don't. I agree to this one cause of the fact that when there is an inactive or AFK player on a team it brings down the team as a whole. A lot of times I have notice 6-7 people on my team just go inactive or have never once moved since the original 5 minute countdown for the start of the BG. Make it if they don't move with in 3 minutes in the BG they get the boot just like the team arena does it. Let those of us that are wanting to play enjoy it instead of being brought down and not given a chance because of others.

And the reason I don't agree to the other post is because you need to get over your crying and learn that war is unfair. And you can tell that to anyone that wants to whine about it. Kids need to learn even threw games that life is hard, "GROW UP".

Edwinplaza

Rank 0
Edwinplaza
Joined
06 Dec 2012
Posts
14
Location
United States
PostedDec 09, 2012 9:48 pm
An offline training ground to level up the character offline , a market to sell items , and ability to trade items

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
Joined
27 Oct 2008
Posts
342
Location
Massachusetts United States
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:56 pm
BaeoMasicar wrote:
GodofAcid wrote:
Also I'd like to pitch the idea of a votekick in BG for AFK people. I feel that if you're not prepared to play, that's your problem, but joining so you can go AFK and collect whatever rewards your team gets at the end of the game when you don't move an inch to participate is not fair. It also only serves to hurt your team when they have less people participating than the opponent.  



I agree with this one but the previous I don't. I agree to this one cause of the fact that when there is an inactive or AFK player on a team it brings down the team as a whole. A lot of times I have notice 6-7 people on my team just go inactive or have never once moved since the original 5 minute countdown for the start of the BG. Make it if they don't move with in 3 minutes in the BG they get the boot just like the team arena does it. Let those of us that are wanting to play enjoy it instead of being brought down and not given a chance because of others.

And the reason I don't agree to the other post is because you need to get over your crying and learn that war is unfair. And you can tell that to anyone that wants to whine about it. Kids need to learn even threw games that life is hard, "GROW UP".  


First of all I'm not a kid, thank you. I respectfully argued my point and allowed you to have your opinion respectfully, please do the same for me without resorting to that. Second, there is an inherent flaw in the "move in x amount or get kicked" method because then they can click once every 3 minutes to elude that. It seems like they wouldn't go to that much effort to do so but some people do.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
Joined
27 Oct 2008
Posts
342
Location
Massachusetts United States
PostedDec 10, 2012 3:40 am
And one more I think we'll all agree on. Can we please have a prompt if you hit a button (such as recharge) that will take you to another screen? I must hit that thing by accident 3 times a day.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
Joined
01 Feb 2012
Posts
713
Location
United Kingdom
PostedDec 10, 2012 5:15 am
GodofAcid wrote:
BaeoMasicar wrote:
GodofAcid wrote:
Also I'd like to pitch the idea of a votekick in BG for AFK people. I feel that if you're not prepared to play, that's your problem, but joining so you can go AFK and collect whatever rewards your team gets at the end of the game when you don't move an inch to participate is not fair. It also only serves to hurt your team when they have less people participating than the opponent.  



I agree with this one but the previous I don't. I agree to this one cause of the fact that when there is an inactive or AFK player on a team it brings down the team as a whole. A lot of times I have notice 6-7 people on my team just go inactive or have never once moved since the original 5 minute countdown for the start of the BG. Make it if they don't move with in 3 minutes in the BG they get the boot just like the team arena does it. Let those of us that are wanting to play enjoy it instead of being brought down and not given a chance because of others.

And the reason I don't agree to the other post is because you need to get over your crying and learn that war is unfair. And you can tell that to anyone that wants to whine about it. Kids need to learn even threw games that life is hard, "GROW UP".  


First of all I'm not a kid, thank you. I respectfully argued my point and allowed you to have your opinion respectfully, please do the same for me without resorting to that. Second, there is an inherent flaw in the "move in x amount or get kicked" method because then they can click once every 3 minutes to elude that. It seems like they wouldn't go to that much effort to do so but some people do.  


I have to agree with the afk suggestion, but rather than moving withing 3mins of starting maybe have it so that of your star points don't change (i.e. that you have not collected crystals, or fought anyone, whether you win or lose) within 5mins of joining bg (or it starting, which ever the later) then you get auto kicked. I know that sometimes we join and get called afk for whatever reason but there are people who I regularly see who do this, and it isn't fair to the their other team mates. It also demotivates the weaker players on the team who decide there's no point fighting when the high-levels don't bother and afk the fight too.

With regard to limiting kills in bg this can be very limiting to players in getting honor. Mid-low strength players already have a low choice of people they can fight and win to in each bg. Some bgs ave a limited number of players whether due number of participants (I have been in bgs with 4-5players on each side for the entire duration) or due to afkers.

I understand what you are trying to counter, but if you feel targeted or bullied by one person I suggest submitting a support ticket explaining the situation. But ultimately bg is a war ground; and we are encouraged to kill since that's where the main rewards are from. It is only natural that someone would target another player that they know they can kill rather than those they can't. People need to accept that it is part of the feature. Also, if you enter a bg and see the person who you believe bullies you in the ranks (you can check the people on each team in ranks on the bg box on the right of your screen) you can leave and re-enter another bg, where they wont be, after your CD has ended.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
Joined
27 Oct 2008
Posts
342
Location
Massachusetts United States
PostedDec 10, 2012 3:05 pm
Appreciate the feedback on my ideas, thanks for that all Smile
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: