I think the Enchant Re-Scaling...

Has helped PvP and was a good call!
40%140 Votes
Is good, but should've been more aggressive (lower at low lvl, higher at high lvl)
21%75 Votes
Has not helped PvP
10%35 Votes
Has made PvP less fun overall
14%52 Votes
I don't play Shaiya anymore, but my opinion still matters! (Troll vote)
13%47 Votes
Total Votes :: 349 Votes

maineiac14

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2012 6:07 pm
ToBeFeared wrote:
pask81 wrote:

Not exactly news, but a promise that something will be done in 2013:  

I'm not keeping my fingers crossed for this one. Either they'll fix the Enchant re-scaling for some classes and forget all the issues or fix the rest of the issues and forget the re-scaling. Nothing ever goes the way we expect.

Also, the whole class ballance issue has been around for well over a year. It is part of the game now. If something gets done and changes are made, they won't be as big as we hope/expect. Though, with Nexon behind the wheel now, we might get a pleasant suprise. I guess only thing we can do is wait and see.

maineiac14 wrote:

If you got a bonus it had to have been a glitch because my 19 weapon sure didn't and so far as I've heard no other spell caster got one either. Just the normal for having a 19 weapon. Doesn't matter to me anymore because I simply gave away all my gear, and left.  

What level was your weapon? The re-scaling has more of an impact at higher lvls, could it be that your bonus was there only it was so low that it was overlooked? I've heard of others getting an extremely low bonus, but they did get at least some bonus.

Also, if I was getting the bonus and you were not, it was your weapon that was glitched and not mine. I was at least getting part of the intended bonus. Either way, it did not work the way it was expected to work so something does need to be done in either case.  

My weapon was a 78 so I doubt very much that weapon level had anything to do with it. I'm not the only spell caster that noticed a lack of enhancement either. There is a whole topic dealing with it. Doesn't matter to me anymore because I've come to the conclusion that neither AGE nor Nexon can be believed. They will promise everything in anticipation of your money but in the end do nothing so I like so many others have simply stopped playing and found better, less glitched, more balanced and cheaper games to play.
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 28, 2012 6:29 pm
ToBeFeared wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

-not all classes are treated equal (Casters dont even get a bonus)
- the bonuses don't reflect the attack of the weapon.  

This is not fully true. Casters do get a bonus, only the bonus they get is extremely small compared to other classes. My lvl 70 [19] mage weapon was giving me 500 bonus attack while a fighter with a 70 weapon was getting about 1k bonus attack. I do not remember the enchants he had but my weapon was maxed out at the time.

That is not why I'm posting on here though.

It was promised that they will do something about the class discrimination with regards to the new Enchant re-scaling, ie casters getting the lowest bonus and such. Has there been any changes/updates with regards to the Enchant Re-scaling yet? Or is this just another one of AGE's empty promises?

Yes I realize they heavily depend on the DEVs with regards to this, however this is an issue which can cause a whole class to go into extinction along with the disapearing of the players who play those classes. Only use left for some classes will be for PVE.

I might be asking for too much, but hey, we can still hope.  

SS or it's not true. I have [6], [10], etc enchant weapons and I know casters with [20]. They all only reflect the attack addition the enchant normally does.

Rakune

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2012 8:01 pm
I was told casters will be fixed by tictacs XD just don't know when or how as for the enchants I hit for about 12k on mobs at 80 but with 70 [19] gear as for pvp I hit for about 2k more then I did when 70 but im 10lvl higher now and put all points in int so im not realy seeing much diff in the enchants

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedDec 29, 2012 8:48 am
Rekikyo wrote:

SS or it's not true. I have [6], [10], etc enchant weapons and I know casters with [20]. They all only reflect the attack addition the enchant normally does.  

This is my 60 pagan, the weapon is Cultist's Blade (lv59 dagger) enchanted to [19].

Without weapon I have 2073 magic attack power and 260 physical attack; with weapon 2841 and 907 (I will consider only max attack for simplicity).

The weapon give 89+15 INT and 39 WIS, the base attack is 434 ... in the end my magic attack power with dagger equipped should be:

2073 + 104*1.3 + 39*0.2 + 434 = 2650 ... the real magic attack with dagger equipped is 2841 -> it seems I get 191 hidden bonus somewhere.

As proof let's redo the math for physical attack, considering that the weapon has 15 STR and 15 DEX:

260 + 15*1.3 + 15*0.2 + 434 = 716.5 but the real physical attack with dagger equipped is 907 -> the hidden bonus is 190.5 so the result is the same.

Did I do something wrong in my count? The SS should have all data, so everyone can check by himself.

Maybe the problem is not in caster class but in staff weapon that don't get bonus, while dagger do?

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedDec 29, 2012 1:56 pm
pask81 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

Maybe the problem is not in caster class but in staff weapon that don't get bonus, while dagger do?  

It was while I was using a lvl 70 [19] staff that I did notice the enchantment bonus.

Right after the patch was loaded to the game, I logged on and I noticed roughly about 500 more magic attack then I had just before maintenance.

A friend of mine currently has my gear. If i can get a hold of him, i'll try and post a SS.

Love what you do and do what you love.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:06 pm
pask81 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

This is my 60 pagan, the weapon is Cultist's Blade (lv59 dagger) enchanted to [19].

Without weapon I have 2073 magic attack power and 260 physical attack; with weapon 2841 and 907 (I will consider only max attack for simplicity).

The weapon give 89+15 INT and 39 WIS, the base attack is 434 ... in the end my magic attack power with dagger equipped should be:

2073 + 104*1.3 + 39*0.2 + 434 = 2650 ... the real magic attack with dagger equipped is 2841 -> it seems I get 191 hidden bonus somewhere.

As proof let's redo the math for physical attack, considering that the weapon has 15 STR and 15 DEX:

260 + 15*1.3 + 15*0.2 + 434 = 716.5 but the real physical attack with dagger equipped is 907 -> the hidden bonus is 190.5 so the result is the same.

Did I do something wrong in my count? The SS should have all data, so everyone can check by himself.

Ty for a positive proof. Although it looks like they horribly botched it and left a zero off lol. At least they didnt "entirely" forget.

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:22 pm
Well 190 bonus is very little, but my weapon is only lv59... no idea what can be the bonus on a high lv one.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:29 pm
pask81 wrote:
Well 190 bonus is very little, but my weapon is only lv59... no idea what can be the bonus on a high lv one.  

It's tiny.

My guess is on [19] Staff, it's probably less than 300. It was probably meant to have like 2500.

maineiac14

Rank 0
PostedDec 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
pask81 wrote:

It's tiny.

My guess is on [19] Staff, it's probably less than 300. It was probably meant to have like 2500.  

Which means it could easily have been fixed and wasn't. More likely it was intentional and they just hoped noone would notice it.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 29, 2012 5:59 pm
maineiac14 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
pask81 wrote:

It's tiny.

Which means it could easily have been fixed and wasn't. More likely it was intentional and they just hoped noone would notice it.  

Kind of like leaving a Penny for a tip instead of a real tip Smile