I think the Enchant Re-Scaling...

Has helped PvP and was a good call!
40%140 Votes
Is good, but should've been more aggressive (lower at low lvl, higher at high lvl)
21%75 Votes
Has not helped PvP
10%35 Votes
Has made PvP less fun overall
14%52 Votes
I don't play Shaiya anymore, but my opinion still matters! (Troll vote)
13%47 Votes
Total Votes :: 349 Votes
Author Message

fafi_pezzini

Rank 2
fafi_pezzini
Joined
06 Jul 2011
Posts
628
Location
Cream city United States
PostedNov 03, 2012 5:26 pm
Hatespirit wrote:
I would like to know what people that cannot have access to high enchants would have to say about this, atm it looks like just people with high enchants saying OMG THIS IS REALLY UBER!!! because now a noob with a rank > and 19-20 enchanted weapon can go easily kill a full rec orc/priest with a *** rank or +.

The attack difference is stupidly high, i wouldnt doubt this was not even tested, just like the server merge was not tested, and the new episode was not tested, and everything new we get in this game is never tested. Forvige me if im wrong there, it might have "slightly" been tested.

And then the vote simply does not reflect anything, so i wouldnt even trust that when GM's say we made a poll and votes are obvious, i could create a thousand accounts and go vote its uber change pls GMs leave it as is is so uber omg!

I would like to see real votes, from people who actually play the game, sorry but to me it just looks like fraud.

Again, its just another pay-to-win feature well implemented.  


I too would like to see what other than the usual forum "nerds" say XD

Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10636
Location
United Kingdom
PostedNov 03, 2012 5:38 pm
fafi_pezzini wrote:
Hatespirit wrote:
I would like to know what people that cannot have access to high enchants would have to say about this, atm it looks like just people with high enchants saying OMG THIS IS REALLY UBER!!! because now a noob with a rank > and 19-20 enchanted weapon can go easily kill a full rec orc/priest with a *** rank or +.

The attack difference is stupidly high, i wouldnt doubt this was not even tested, just like the server merge was not tested, and the new episode was not tested, and everything new we get in this game is never tested. Forvige me if im wrong there, it might have "slightly" been tested.

And then the vote simply does not reflect anything, so i wouldnt even trust that when GM's say we made a poll and votes are obvious, i could create a thousand accounts and go vote its uber change pls GMs leave it as is is so uber omg!

I would like to see real votes, from people who actually play the game, sorry but to me it just looks like fraud.

Again, its just another pay-to-win feature well implemented.  


I too would like to see what other than the usual forum "nerds" say XD  
The Forum "nerds" don't have over 200 accounts between them, then add that into the fact only about 10% of the community even checks the forums.

I've said it before, il say it again, if you don;t do the forums its your fault. Nobody elses.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
Joined
17 May 2007
Posts
1469
Location
United States
PostedNov 03, 2012 6:01 pm
I think what seems to me to be the problem isn't so much the scaling... though I personally think that needs to be rethought some, should be based less on paying to enchant and more on things a person can build into their character. What I do see as an issue is the base defense on the various classes. The fact that now a war/fighter type, heavy armoured toon can go with a 0 rec build, link nothing defensive at all, but match the defense of a full rec, defense linked orc/priest. I think most healers would love to be able to have much bigger heals and still stay up in pvp to use them... but we have to choose wis or rec. Meanwhile the classes that benefit the most from this change get that much def without any sacrifice, and then we get yelled at and insulted for any comment that this might make our job a bit harder by the same people who will yell and QQ at us every time they die because we were kinda too dead to heal them. Maybe it would make more sense to pay some attention to the base defense of gears with attack scaling as well.

Healers took a huge nerf when we lost HA in Ep5, the Ele skins we were given are useless as long as they are ele 1 and visible to enemy, so our defensive skills are very few. We have etain shield, and I know every pvp priest is grateful for that skill, but other then that we have no instant stun, no UT, no skill at all to match what almost every other class has as a OS (oh s***) skill. pagans have HA and earthquake to slow enemy(probably least use of any class, but something), sins can confuse and stealth, hunters have the fear thing that makes everyone run away and the piercing shot that stops people, guards have UT, POG, DF, SG, lot of debuffs, wars have stinger which can be used to get away, ground shock, black hole, orcs have ... ... ... we get etain shield that blocks some debuffs, and we get yelled at even when dead for being useless. ((but please don't give back HA... I think that would be too much really... when you add UR, 15ksp, 40kmp, 80khp and HA together, just look at base defense on gear or Protective Aura))

I like more deaths in pvp, I don't mind dying as long as I am useful to my raid, I have no problems ressing up and moving back in as needed. But if a war puts tons into his gear he creates a toon that matches my def while also being able to kill me in a few hits...and since most often when I am in pvp 5-6 wars seem to be attacking me, being hit twice by each = dead.

basically the increase in damage is all good... but defense should be more balanced, and the increase more even, and the increase less based on AP and more on build.

Maineiac12

Rank 1
Joined
26 Aug 2010
Posts
231
Location
Australia
PostedNov 03, 2012 10:09 pm
Chan375 wrote:
I think what seems to me to be the problem isn't so much the scaling... though I personally think that needs to be rethought some, should be based less on paying to enchant and more on things a person can build into their character. What I do see as an issue is the base defense on the various classes. The fact that now a war/fighter type, heavy armoured toon can go with a 0 rec build, link nothing defensive at all, but match the defense of a full rec, defense linked orc/priest. I think most healers would love to be able to have much bigger heals and still stay up in pvp to use them... but we have to choose wis or rec. Meanwhile the classes that benefit the most from this change get that much def without any sacrifice, and then we get yelled at and insulted for any comment that this might make our job a bit harder by the same people who will yell and QQ at us every time they die because we were kinda too dead to heal them. Maybe it would make more sense to pay some attention to the base defense of gears with attack scaling as well.

Healers took a huge nerf when we lost HA in Ep5, the Ele skins we were given are useless as long as they are ele 1 and visible to enemy, so our defensive skills are very few. We have etain shield, and I know every pvp priest is grateful for that skill, but other then that we have no instant stun, no UT, no skill at all to match what almost every other class has as a OS (oh s***) skill. pagans have HA and earthquake to slow enemy(probably least use of any class, but something), sins can confuse and stealth, hunters have the fear thing that makes everyone run away and the piercing shot that stops people, guards have UT, POG, DF, SG, lot of debuffs, wars have stinger which can be used to get away, ground shock, black hole, orcs have ... ... ... we get etain shield that blocks some debuffs, and we get yelled at even when dead for being useless. ((but please don't give back HA... I think that would be too much really... when you add UR, 15ksp, 40kmp, 80khp and HA together, just look at base defense on gear or Protective Aura))

I like more deaths in pvp, I don't mind dying as long as I am useful to my raid, I have no problems ressing up and moving back in as needed. But if a war puts tons into his gear he creates a toon that matches my def while also being able to kill me in a few hits...and since most often when I am in pvp 5-6 wars seem to be attacking me, being hit twice by each = dead.

basically the increase in damage is all good... but defense should be more balanced, and the increase more even, and the increase less based on AP and more on build.  


I've been saying for a long time that priests/orcs need a decent attack skill. We are the only class without one even for solo pve. We have one skill that is useable every 15 secs and that basically is it. Because of a lack of an OS skill we can be attacked with impunity. We simply cannot fight back, nor because of the crap defense they've given us in our gear can we withstand any kind of assault against a warrior/fighter or really any of the other classes except mages/pagans. We get massive resistance in our gear, something we don't need. The other classes all get low resistance but high defense when they should be protecting themselves against mages/pagans. Spellcasters have to rec our gear in order to survive at all which means we aren't able to link some of the things we need like wisdom or intelligence, while the other classes can totally ignore having to protect against resistance because of the manner in which spells affect resistance. I believe it's still 1-2 rather than 2-1. I know mage/pagans have been complaing about this for a long time and nothing has been done. Nothing will be done this time either until orcs/priests/mages/pagans simply stop playing because of the lack of balance. But it's quite obvious that neither the warriors/fighters/guardians/defenders give a **** so long as they can kill us easily. And it's becoming more apparant that the GM's and designers don't give a daman either.

One good thing about it thought is that I can now ignore enchanting my gear. It's simply a waste of ap and op. The most I can get really from that is 450 abs, and when I'm getting hit for 8K that is simply 450 abs is meaningless. Perhaps after that is what will make someone finally decide to do something about spellcasters.....When we stop buying enchant AP.

imZhao

Rank 2
imZhao
Joined
22 Oct 2012
Posts
459
Location
United States
PostedNov 03, 2012 10:45 pm
Maineiac12 wrote:

I've been saying for a long time that priests/orcs need a decent attack skill.  


LOL really? Ok i'll take a healing skill for warr then plz!

If you want to play dps class, play dps class.

If you want to play healer class, player healer class.

Sigh.

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
Joined
17 May 2007
Posts
1469
Location
United States
PostedNov 03, 2012 10:57 pm
imZhao wrote:
Maineiac12 wrote:

I've been saying for a long time that priests/orcs need a decent attack skill.  


LOL really? Ok i'll take a healing skill for warr then plz!

If you want to play dps class, play dps class.

If you want to play healer class, player healer class.

Sigh.  
I agree with this as far as attack skills go, I don't mind not having one, but it would be nice if my frozen ice had a freeze debuff to it like it says, so I can at least use it to give me a second to get away when being attacked. I would have much preferred this to the new skill we were given, even if you made it a smaller AOE then new skill. Just to stop things poking me in their tracks for a second so I can run and have a chance to live when I am in trouble. Get rid of new skill, give us same debuff on frozen ice (or whatever new name is) nerfed to 7m instead of 15m AOE, and I think most orc/priest be satisfied...even with the 15 second CD and all. Just something to give us a chance to get a bit of a head start, even if fighters/wars will stinger us soon as they get dispelled, maybe we get to live a tiny bit longer.

Maineiac12

Rank 1
Joined
26 Aug 2010
Posts
231
Location
Australia
PostedNov 03, 2012 11:47 pm
imZhao wrote:
Maineiac12 wrote:

I've been saying for a long time that priests/orcs need a decent attack skill.  


LOL really? Ok i'll take a healing skill for warr then plz!

If you want to play dps class, play dps class.

If you want to play healer class, player healer class.

Sigh.  


DPS already has heal..it's called etain potion but there is NOTHING that priest can use that helps. We essentially have one attack and that's called Frozen Ice or whatever the new name is that is not disruptable. Unfortunately it's CD is 15 secs. Try soloing with that against yellow mobs. It really doesn't matter anymore for me because I've decided to level my priest and orc to 80 then do my fighter instead. Simply one less priest that AOL will have, one less orc that Fury will have. And probably most of you simply could not care less.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8470
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedNov 04, 2012 12:02 am
Maineiac12 wrote:
imZhao wrote:
Maineiac12 wrote:

I've been saying for a long time that priests/orcs need a decent attack skill.  


LOL really? Ok i'll take a healing skill for warr then plz!

If you want to play dps class, play dps class.

If you want to play healer class, player healer class.

Sigh.  


DPS already has heal..it's called etain potion but there is NOTHING that priest can use that helps. We essentially have one attack and that's called Frozen Ice or whatever the new name is that is not disruptable. Unfortunately it's CD is 15 secs. Try soloing with that against yellow mobs. It really doesn't matter anymore for me because I've decided to level my priest and orc to 80 then do my fighter instead. Simply one less priest that AOL will have, one less orc that Fury will have. And probably most of you simply could not care less.  


PVE I've seen countless orcs rely soley on FB to get to 70ish when they could not rely on a pt. 80+ mobs have a bit more HP than would be useful with this strategy yes, but with new weapon enchants, a [19] wep'd rec orc could do 5k-6k magic arrows, so it's not nothing. Wouldnt mind if Hailstorm was reverted back to its old instant cast 30 sec CD though....

Maineiac12

Rank 1
Joined
26 Aug 2010
Posts
231
Location
Australia
PostedNov 04, 2012 1:20 am
Rekikyo wrote:
Maineiac12 wrote:
imZhao wrote:
Maineiac12 wrote:

I've been saying for a long time that priests/orcs need a decent attack skill.  


LOL really? Ok i'll take a healing skill for warr then plz!

If you want to play dps class, play dps class.

If you want to play healer class, player healer class.

Sigh.  


DPS already has heal..it's called etain potion but there is NOTHING that priest can use that helps. We essentially have one attack and that's called Frozen Ice or whatever the new name is that is not disruptable. Unfortunately it's CD is 15 secs. Try soloing with that against yellow mobs. It really doesn't matter anymore for me because I've decided to level my priest and orc to 80 then do my fighter instead. Simply one less priest that AOL will have, one less orc that Fury will have. And probably most of you simply could not care less.  


PVE I've seen countless orcs rely soley on FB to get to 70ish when they could not rely on a pt. 80+ mobs have a bit more HP than would be useful with this strategy yes, but with new weapon enchants, a [19] wep'd rec orc could do 5k-6k magic arrows, so it's not nothing. Wouldnt mind if Hailstorm was reverted back to its old instant cast 30 sec CD though....  


I too have relied solely on FB to get to 70 and even to do many of the quests and a couple of levels to get to 80. Even with new weapon enchants I'm not sure that amount of damge is going to be possible without linking a fair bit of int and using lvl 79 weapons. Frequently in attacking mobs solo I have to keep myself targeted to continue for dispel, UR, etc and not be able to use magic arrowt thereby relying essentially solely on FB and Ice Storm every 15 secs. I really don't think it's that much to ask for a priest/orc to have one skill that does area damage more often than once every 15 secs and to have one skill that does damage like DB, PV, etc. But it's not going to happen obviously for any of the spellcaster classes to effectively compete so it's to fighter I go after I get my priest to 80. I'll forget about my warrior, I simply cannot afford to do both anymore.

Masuyuu

Rank 4
Masuyuu
Joined
14 May 2008
Posts
3187
Location
Minerva United States
PostedNov 04, 2012 12:04 pm
 
DPS already has heal..it's called etain potion  

Last I checked pot =/= skill and isn't unlimited.


 
I'm not sure that amount of damge is going to be possible without linking a fair bit of int and using lvl 79 weapons.  


It's not, that's why it requires an actual commitment to the DPS route to do substantial damage.
Otherwise you chip away with FB/Frozen Ice (which has a huge modifier)/Magic arrow. Could always grab some toxin weapons too if really wish for the % damage.
If have an actual Damage set up you could even do kiting circles to get the 1.5 second to cast Elemental shock (aoe, no cooldown, decent modifier). Yes, you can't just stand around you have to create space.... shocker I know but that comes with having close range disadvantages like a pagan and hunter.


 
I really don't think it's that much to ask for a priest/orc to have one skill that does area damage more often than once every 15 secs and to have one skill that does damage like DB, PV, etc.  
It kinda is because you're not a DPS class other wise you'd be a Pagan/Mage.
One skill that hits more often than every 15 seconds? Frozen barrier and it doesn't even need to be casted but once every 15 minutes.
A damage skills like DB,PV? It's called KB and it's on the actual DPS class otherwise you get the one that gives attack speed + a crit rate boost that makes it possible to not need luck for DPS.



PvP wise for the "head start" thing to stop someone for a few seconds there's always the half a second for hypnosis :3 pottable so not ideal but it's all that's there beside using Degen right after or something

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: