I think the Enchant Re-Scaling...

Has helped PvP and was a good call!
40%140 Votes
Is good, but should've been more aggressive (lower at low lvl, higher at high lvl)
21%75 Votes
Has not helped PvP
10%35 Votes
Has made PvP less fun overall
14%52 Votes
I don't play Shaiya anymore, but my opinion still matters! (Troll vote)
13%47 Votes
Total Votes :: 349 Votes

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedOct 28, 2012 2:44 am
CarlNOS wrote:
Is good and helped but... WE NEED ENCHANT SCALING ON ARMORS TOO!  

Just no... you have no idea what this would cause... people are having hard time to enchant 4 weapons to [20] now and now they would have to enchant armors there too? Are you kidding me? That's the most Brilliant idea I have heard so far. That will KILL PvP, why would someone that can't afford armor enchants PvP? To get 2 hit over and over and not able to hurt anyone? If they put in armor enchants, make it for HEALERS ONLY to make them QQ less. BUT we don't want unkillable toons.

Also tactics or whoever was pushing this forward. I just want to ask why the damage wasn't increased same way on every weapon, not based on base weapon damage? I don't say it's bad now, just want to hear what was the reasoning for that.
Advertisement

tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedOct 28, 2012 2:53 am
All updates and changes being requested at this time are presented in simple, easy-to-execute ways. The Enchant Re-Scaling we proposed wasn't particularly complicated, nor was it one blanket formula (that's not how this system worked, and the whole system wasn't going to get re-coded from scratch). I know our community has heard this sort of thing from the PM Team before when asking for your suggestions: smallest/simplest changes with biggest return/benefit are highly preferable right now (and always).

With so much new content in development, prioritizing balance changes has been challenging. We're thankful that our friends at Nexon were able to get this change in earlier than expected. Glad many of you are enjoying it.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."

CarlNOS

Rank 4
CarlNOS
PostedOct 28, 2012 2:54 am   Last edited by CarlNOS on Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am. Edited 1 time in total
We need it because in 80 pvp there is NO reason to enchat armors atm. full [20] set is 500 Absorption. My GL hit 15k, 500 less is just a joke -.-
And btw, this ench scaling help DPS only. Orc already miss dual 5's and new dual for them. With ench scaling is just worste for them

tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedOct 28, 2012 2:55 am
CarlNOS wrote:
We need it because in 80 pvp there is NO reason to enchat armors atm. full [20] set is 500 Absorption. My GL hit 15k, 500 less is just a joke -.-  

Needz moar Absorb lapis.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."

CarlNOS

Rank 4
CarlNOS
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:00 am
U right XD put lv 7 abso drop in game then XD

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:01 am
tactics wrote:
All updates and changes being requested at this time are presented in simple, easy-to-execute ways. The Enchant Re-Scaling we proposed wasn't particularly complicated, nor was it one blanket formula (that's not how this system worked, and the whole system wasn't going to get re-coded from scratch). I know our community has heard this sort of thing from the PM Team before when asking for your suggestions: smallest/simplest changes with biggest return/benefit are highly preferable right now (and always).

With so much new content in development, prioritizing balance changes has been challenging. We're thankful that our friends at Nexon were able to get this change in earlier than expected. Glad many of you are enjoying it.  

I completely understand that but was it easier to make the enchant scaling 'progressive' depending on weapon base damage and not just add the same extra attack from enchant on every weapon?

mekteh50

Rank 3
mekteh50
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:03 am
i dont know if someone has realise it or no..whether what i want to say already been said...my fren said that his 70 weapon [19] has almost the same attack damage with his 2hand weapon lv79 [19].it does not have very much different in attack power when he used it..

my point is why we make new weapon enchant linked uberly if 70 weapon have almost attack damage with new weapon..

i just pointed out this...will be great if some more experienced to explain futher for me about this also since killer toon not really my type..

thanks.

splasher__

Rank 5.1
splasher__
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:04 am
mekteh50 wrote:
i dont know if someone has realise it or no..whether what i want to say already been said...my fren said that his 70 weapon [19] has almost the same attack damage with his 2hand weapon lv79 [19].it does not have very much different in attack power when he used it..

my point is why we make new weapon enchant linked uberly if 70 weapon have almost attack damage with new weapon..

i just pointed out this...will be great if some more experienced to explain futher for me about this also since killer toon not really my type..

thanks.  

Not true, I have around 5000 attack with a 19 lv70 spear, up to 7k attack with a 19 lv79 spear. Just saying.

CarlNOS

Rank 4
CarlNOS
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:06 am
A clean 79 2h weap have 100+ attack of a [18] DW full linked max oj'ed.

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedOct 28, 2012 3:08 am
Just fix resist and caster problem is fixed.