I think the Enchant Re-Scaling...

Has helped PvP and was a good call!
40%140 Votes
Is good, but should've been more aggressive (lower at low lvl, higher at high lvl)
21%75 Votes
Has not helped PvP
10%35 Votes
Has made PvP less fun overall
14%52 Votes
I don't play Shaiya anymore, but my opinion still matters! (Troll vote)
13%47 Votes
Total Votes :: 349 Votes

tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedOct 27, 2012 9:58 pm   Last edited by tactics on Nov 02, 2012 11:22 am. Edited 2 times in total

What do you think of the Enchant Re-Scaling?

The balance fix our team has been talking about for months is in! How is it?
Hey everyone,

As you know, the Enchant Re-Scaling our team has been telling you about for a long time was put in to the last patch! Now that it's had a few days to settle in, let us know what you think!

Has it helped PvP? Are you telling your old friends to come back to Shaiya and try it out? Has it made Shaiya better overall?

Please reply here to leave additional feedback. We know there is a lot on your mind, so please remember that this thread is for discussion about the Enchant Re-Scaling only, so please stay on topic. Let's keep it constructive.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."
Advertisement

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedOct 27, 2012 10:01 pm
First.

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedOct 27, 2012 10:02 pm
its nice....harder hits....and less rectards to worry bout....then again i also die faster....which was never a problem before since i die all the time anyway lol!!! but hey....its nifty

snaruwilliams

Rank 1
snaruwilliams
PostedOct 27, 2012 10:03 pm
IB4 Pagan anger

fkcmcp

Rank 5.1
fkcmcp
PostedOct 27, 2012 10:19 pm
I would like to say
before u release out anything pls pls TEST TESTTT it very carefully carefully
Because u guys just cant fix anything fast

VERY SLOW I MEANT

FalseDeath

Rank 1
FalseDeath
PostedOct 27, 2012 11:13 pm
Long overdue definitely but a good thing, it was so much harder to get kills. I remember when you could go toe to toe and get kills vs 1 player and now its like, you need a small team just to kill some players. Yeah it promotes teamwork which is a great thing, but PvP in its most basic definition is Player vs Player, not Team vs Player or Team vs Team, and Shaiya PvP has not been Player vs Player in a while, at least not in 70+ PvP.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedOct 27, 2012 11:55 pm
It makes PVE weaker, but it does help some for pvp.

One thing I'd suggest is updating the weapon image stats to reflect the actual attack the weapon gives. Atm the attack is only showing as the old 7/10/13/16/19/22/25 scaled attacks, but is obviously different. It'd be nice to actually see what punch we're getting, than having it hidden.

GwydionX

Rank 0
GwydionX
PostedOct 28, 2012 12:35 am
inc wall of text..

Personally there are ups and downs to it.. I think if it was done on purpose it should have been implemented with a bit more thought.

Full rec oracles and other classes such as guardians only need a 79 weap with high enchants to destroy VR grinders while invading and lesser geared people which gives more room to stat in rec and other defense oriented things to make them rolling tanks that can hit like a truck..

I just find it ridiculous that a full rec orc can hit 6-7k and still heal themselves to full not to mention being full rec there wasn't much chance of killing them to begin with..

This is obvious another implementation of the free2play-pay2win scenario that is Shaiya I can see it helping a lot of people and balancing things out a bit in the long run endgame pvp.. But I can also see it destroying zones such as VR and Canta / Prolieum.

Most average pvpers have 4-5 enchanted weapons while the other more uber playing have 13+ there is not a huge bonus from 4-5 but those few enchants can give a huge boost over others, what used to be a small improvement is now just a no chance-might aswell log off combat scenario.

Again great idea for endgame 80 pvp - not so much for everyone else which I personally think takes precedence.

Maybe if things were tested and actually thought out before doing things it would be much better.. But then again I am just punching bricks here.

As for telling my friends to come back to Shaiya? Heres how that would go.

Me : " Hey you should come check out the uber new Shaiya updates!? "
Friend : " Oh really? Whats updated? I am still level 70. "
Me :" Oh!? Well higher levels with uber weapons can hit you 14-16k with regular skills! You should definetly come back and grind maybe you'll finally get a balanced kdr."
Friend : " Sounds like a great plan! Ill make sure I start playing right away! "

Sounds like a great time to start messaging old friends..

Maybe you guys should focus more time on removing all the power lapisia enchanted gears and gear with multiples of the same lvl 7 lapis that was introduced from lack of attention then trying to balance things, that was one of the main reasons it was unbalanced to begin with.

Click..

Rank 2
Click..
PostedOct 28, 2012 12:43 am
GwydionX wrote:

I just find it ridiculous that a full rec orc can hit 6-7k and still heal themselves to full not to mention being full rec there wasn't much chance of killing them to begin with...  

I found it ridiculous you complaining about Oracles? they die 10x time faster than before even with full set enchant to 19, Im wondering which is your class and cause If you care level 80 and can't kill an Oracle now, I won't comment..

fkcmcp

Rank 5.1
fkcmcp
PostedOct 28, 2012 12:56 am
Click.. wrote:

they die 10x time faster than before  

how ?

Click.. wrote:

even with full set enchant to 19,  

New gears[19]?
who ?

Click.. wrote: